Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: MM question collection

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    If i cant play with a gold friend why you put a unranked guy in a 4 Diamonds team? This happened 3 times in a single day to me, the other team was full Diamond + 1 platinum.

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddit Q&A HRkillgoon
    2) Generally, new players should be queued up against other players of similar skill and card levels. We know this is not always the case at the moment, but we are working to improve matchmaking. We hope to have more details to reveal within the next 2 months on our matchmaking improvements.
    Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel... who knows!

Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Hello Hello

I really wanted to know how this MM system really works because sometimes it seems that it´s forced in a 50-50 winrate. What about of copying other games MM system or creating another system?

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3
    Assuming HiRez sees all of the complaints about the new Card System they are trying to implement and still goes through with the bad decision alienating new and casual players killing the stream of people joining the ranks of Paladins...

How will card count totals play into match making? Will someone running all level 1 cards due to being a new player or a casual player be put against someone with 25 point loadouts? Will the amount of time someone spends on a character be considered with how many cards that character has when trying to determine if they should be matched against someone with numerous 25 point loadouts? Will the fact that card levels will be completely random due to the RNG nature of the new and unbalanced card system play into the way it decides to match up players? How will any changes made to match making in the future take into account the dwindling population due to the new card system killing off the influx of players Paladins would have had when it was a balanced non-P2W game?

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Just to answer a couple quick questions:

• The matchmaker doesn't enforce any win rate, it simply tries to find even matches. If you're able to continue to keep a high win-rate despite increasingly high competition, you can. There's a reason it's tough to keep high win-rates, if you win that much and keep advancing, you'll hit harder and harder players. Staying in even the top 30% of players is no small task, competition is stiff.
    • We don't allow partying at high ranks because we feel the focus should be on YOU at that point. At those ranks every player needs to pull their weight, rather than allowing players to be boosted up that high artificially.
    • Regarding seeing unranked players, unranked does not always mean noob. It means the system has no data. It has to get that data somehow and testing that player across various skill levels give it the data it needs. If that player fails to perform they will drop. Also consider region, time, active players at that time
    • Matches are made off hidden MMR, not borders. There's Bronze players the system shows belong with Platinums and Masters players the system shows belong in Bronze. By testing those players in various conditions and weighting the results accordingly, it can help get them where they belong. Border is where you are, MMR is where you belong.
    • Win/Loss is still the most effective and least abusable way to determine skill. Tying to stats opens the door for abuse and forces players to play for points rather than playing to win.
    • The quickest way to get trolls, griefers, toxic players or cheaters handled is to record irrefutable evidence. A video of a player AFKing, clips of chat, video of aimbot replay. Send to http://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/. Feel free to follow up with anyone here.

Hope some of that helps, I'll be around the Forums as much as possible answering more questions this week.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezJuJu View Post
    Hope some of that helps, I'll be around the Forums as much as possible answering more questions this week.
    I was hoping for answers on how the MM system deals with the power level difference concerning the new and highly dreaded card system.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcie View Post
    I was hoping for answers on how the MM system deals with the power level difference concerning the new and highly dreaded card system.
    That will come later. Juju is giving some quick answers. The others will be answered as well.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince AliceWest's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 3 months registered Tagger Second Class
    Thanks for answering some of the threads here Juju. I wish the other staff also give some of their thoughts on matters here once in a while.

#makewallachiaCM
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude -Maya Angelou

Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    That will come later. Juju is giving some quick answers. The others will be answered as well.
    Ok ok. Then we are going to be here waiting for those answers. If everything goes right with this patch, i will come back to Paladins. Cheers Wallachia.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I will prepare a consolidated version at the start of the next week.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.