Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MM question collection

Beta Player Grand Prince GeSteYiam's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Blueobelisk, I haven't understood this question. Since at the end I will try to summarize the similar questions in a "bigger one", can you please explain this?
    I believe he means at which point the matchmakers desides to make the team less balnced just to fix you with a game.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    1. Does Competitive MMR have an affect on Casual matchmaking?
    This one I know. Competitive MMR and Casual MMR are fully separated from each other. In fact, I have a friend who's Master rank but almost never plays casual, so whenever he does people complain about MM without knowing that his casual elo is very close in range to a beginner's mmr.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Blueobelisk, I haven't understood this question. Since at the end I will try to summarize the similar questions in a "bigger one", can you please explain this?
    I watch(ed) the pro's stream when Comp came out and for them, since they had such high MMR, the queues would take a really long time. It seemed to be that at 10 minutes into the queue, it would pop and let the high MMR player (say a Grandmaster) get into a match with inferior teammates just for the sake of letting them play within a reasonable amount of time.

*acknowledges GeSteYiam and Wallachia's posts*

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    This one I know. Competitive MMR and Casual MMR are fully separated from each other. In fact, I have a friend who's Master rank but almost never plays casual, so whenever he does people complain about MM without knowing that his casual elo is very close in range to a beginner's mmr.
    Then a follow up question for that.

Why is Competitive and Casual MMR fully separated? I understand that they are two separate play environments and mentalities. However, when a Grand Master ranked player hops into casual the distinct difference in his Competitive and Casual MMR ends up creating a horribly frustrating situation for the enemy team. Which probably accounts for a large portion of peoples frustrations with the Matchmaking.

No one likes being curbstomped by someone far better skilled than them. Yet it feels like that happens far too often, at least in my MMR range. Either by high skill players dumping their effective MMR rating by grouping with a low skill friend, or by them generally never playing Casual.

Which brings me to my next question:

Why does it, at the very least, feel like people can dump their MMR rating by using the party search algorithms? I've seen many times where there is a highly skilled player almost single handedly winning a game, but one of his team mates is, to put it politely, either very low skill or just not acquainted with the game at all. Only to find out with a quick Paladins Guru search that they partied together. It often leads to, again, highly frustrating situations in which someone curbstomps a team.

Those are my main two frustrations and questions.

Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Neren View Post
    Why does it, at the very least, feel like people can dump their MMR rating by using the party search algorithms? I've seen many times where there is a highly skilled player almost single handedly winning a game, but one of his team mates is, to put it politely, either very low skill or just not acquainted with the game at all. Only to find out with a quick Paladins Guru search that they partied together. It often leads to, again, highly frustrating situations in which someone curbstomps a team.

Those are my main two frustrations and questions.
    I can answer that, cause the MM searched for the average ELO for a team. Let just say me 2400 ELO partied with my 1000 ELO friend, the MM will combine both of our MM together and average it to 1700ELO - so our opponent is about 1500-2000ELO.
    Which is hard for my friend, but not very hard for me.. it is quite fair on paper.

the problem is, people are abusing it by having 2 high ELO players plus another low ELO player (usually a new smurf account) now these combination will confused MM and placed them in low ELO area especially if the low ELO player is under lvl 30. They meet new players and pubstomp them while harvesting ELO
    Furthermore, this can be done in ranked

I already asked how to counter this, and I hope many others will ask the same question cause there are many exploits to party MM that players use to "trick" the system.
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    ATTENTION:
    I will wait for another week, before "aggregating" the questions which are on very similar topics and then submitting them. So, if you have something to add, do it fast :-P
    Thanks!
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    I still think the thread should be moved to "gameplay feedback" which get more readings and view than this one, 90 pages (well, mostly rants) about the MM connendrum and only a handfull of users actually asking questions here (well, I think we got it all covered anyway).

This deserve more views / participation IMO.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    I still think the thread should be moved to "gameplay feedback" which get more readings and view than this one, 90 pages (well, mostly rants) about the MM connendrum and only a handfull of users actually asking questions here (well, I think we got it all covered anyway).

This deserve more views / participation IMO.
    It's been done.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    It's been done.
    Obrigado

/chars

Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    So, Alyssa has wrote to me:

This is absolutely great! Since MM is a great concern for the whole community, I think it's more useful to collect our questions and then submit them in a single thread. Wanna help? Write what would you like to ask and I'll collect them in this first post.

ATTENTION: just write your questions, no discussions or rants allowed here, it is just for pure questions, thanks.
    First of all I hope they will answer in a reasonable time not like the other matchmaking tread that was totally ignored

so

1- Why force 50%win rate?
    2- Why allow a 5 man party only for low rank ( you force high players on make smurf account for play with friends)?
    3-why you always put a noob in each team ? if seems balance is not because it depends on the role they are playing
    4- why if I m plat I play with silver or bronze?
    5- why reports that can hep to clean the community from afk and trolls ( so this will improve the mm ) are totally ignored?
    6- Why base the rank ability of a team game ( where you can't choose your team ) on win rate and not on the effective ability of the player?