Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MM question collection

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

Talking MM question collection

So, Alyssa has wrote to me:

Quote Originally Posted by HiRezAlyssa View Post
    Message me any questions you have and we'll try to add them the that FAQ. The FAQ itself was a comprehensive list of the most asked questions we received about Matchmaking.
    This is absolutely great! Since MM is a great concern for the whole community, I think it's more useful to collect our questions and then submit them in a single thread. Wanna help? Write what would you like to ask and I'll collect them in this first post.

ATTENTION: just write your questions, no discussions or rants allowed here, it is just for pure questions, thanks.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    I'll try to summarise here some questions I think are the most comon, and keep it tight for comprehension.

- Would it be possible to tighten the MMR range so loopsided matches are less likely to happen? It is one of the main problem MM have right now, the feeling that some games that should never happen in the first place do happen, and way too often to be enjoyable. Without even changing the model, I think tweaks here and there could change the quality of games in the future.

- Do you guys work on your own rating and matching system? or is it a copy pasta of Trueskill from smite or other games?

- If you do work on this on your own, would it be possible to implement an index of performance for each player and include personal performance into MMR / TP gain and loss?. it seems to be the main concern of many players and kinda reduce their fun in playing, because when you tryhard and carry your team but still lose because you get potatoes in your team, you still lose big even when it wasnt really your fault, you can play your best, but you can't control 4 others players to do what is needed.

- Why does the TP gain / loss is so inconsistant after a while, I tryed my main acc on ranked lately, and I gain 6 tp top when I lose 17, I'm top damage / kills whatever almost each game and I play with potatoes, why do I have to grind thrice as much wins for the same amount of tp when my teammates drag me down? (this can be mixed with my question above, I refuse to "pay the price" because I have clearly inferior teammates and I'm not good enough to carry them to victory, when I do my job, and when I'm the only one in my team to do so, I dont want to lose the same ammount of tp as the troller who picked drogoz and go 11/12 and 70K damage for an entire game)

- Is the "forced 50%" somehow true? Else why a player with a high winloss get suddenly matched in very very hard games (almost unwinnable)? And if it is somehow true, would it be possible to use a smoother approach to make the model converge at 50% in the end.

- If the playerbase grow on release or continuously grow, do you plan in separating the Q in the future to avoid parties vs solos and parties abusing the system.

edit, I think this post should go in genral gameplay section for more visibility and consistancy with the MM connendrum
    Last edited by EpplZ; 11-25-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Beta Player Viscount Almalexion's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Here's a good question:

- In my one match (ELO points according to paladins guru) 2 plat, 2 silver and 1 gold in my team (I am plat) and enemy team is 1 plat, 2 gold and 2 silver. I checked the guru and shows ELO points are between max 2200 min 2000 between on both teams and levels are between 50 and 100 so I asked myself 'how' question. Doesn't it actually makes the borders without any meaning ? Most of my matches like that and if it's like that, are the borders made for distrupt the community ? Is borders actually the ones creates toxicity between us ? Why -_- And is something about the system is wrong that puts some players on low rankings with high ELO and high rankings with low ELO ? I even see some silver players that plays really well but cannot pass 'cuz of this I think... What's the plan of the developers to fix this kind of situation ? Thanks !

The Mighty Almalexion
    I'm Bleeding...

Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    1. Competitive boosting party
    In season 0-1, you promised us that you try to keep competitive mode as fair as possible so you put solo-duo queue only because you know 5 man parties has a huge advantage and no one likes to be pubstomped
    However, due the amount of players wanting to play as a team, the restriction was lifted in season 2.0 so people can 5 man party from bronze up to plat.
    So now here is the problem, with this loophole, 5 man pubstomp / boosting parties is real. Now there are high plat/low diamond players who got boosted there and stay there by abusing 5 man party system whenever they drop down.
    How are you planning to combat this ?
    Are there any plan to give us solo queue only?

2. High ELO 5 man team in casual
    How does your MM find a match for a high ELO 5 man team (say whole NIP wants to party in casual) ? Why players in mid range ELO get to fight top 100 players (and usually solo queue players)? this is not fun for both parties especially the side who got stomped side.
    On casual siege, I have played against players that goes to DreamHack Valencia when they 5 man party eventho I am nowhere near their skill, and all my teammates are solo queue players

3. Winrates per team
    As someone with a plus winrate (52% WR), why am I almost always get a minus winrate teammates? especially after a good winning streak my teammates winrate would go lower and lower.
    Another guy on Steam quit cause he has a winrate of 60-70% and keeps getting teammates in 40% winrate or lower

4. Is it actually beneficial to get an minus winrate?
    Following number 3 question, just like other games, can I conclude it is beneficial to get a minus winrate so MM will set you with better team member?
    Last edited by GaoShun; 11-23-2017 at 07:19 AM.
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Thread has been sticked and it will be heavily moderated.

Cheers.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Beta Player Grand Prince GeSteYiam's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points
    -How does the game decides if we perform well in competitive so it let us jump ranks?

-What does the game takes into account when building one players MMR. I have seen people with really good KD ratio but with lower elo than me on guru.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    -What does the game takes into account when building one players MMR. I have seen people with really good KD ratio but with lower elo than me on guru.
    Win Rate only.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Win Rate only.
    This seriously makes me wonder how people with lower winrates are somehow a higher rank than me.
    Protect your supports please... They want support too!
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!

Fix the Pip bugs! There are 40 of them, so can we fix them please?

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    ATTENTION: just write your questions, no discussions or rants allowed here, it is just for pure questions, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Thread has been sticked and it will be heavily moderated.

Cheers.

Public reminder.

Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Does MM take into account how many times a player has been reported?

It would affect smurfs entering your game or frequent AFKers.
    GIVE ME THE OLD RIPENED GOURD BACK! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻