Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We Want Unique Champions Hi-Rez!!!

Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Tagger First Class 1 year registered

We Want Unique Champions Hi-Rez!!!

We're sick and tired of these repetitive and undiversified champions. Isn't paladins supposed to have more fantasy based creatures? We would love to see mythical beasts or beasts of legends that use ancient magical powers instead of these crystal infused weapons and also have strange but unique appearance and design other than wearing regular leather vests, metal armor and cloths. Just making a champion simply to fit in with the META is comparable to being a heartless monster spouting empty promises. Don't make the same mistake twice, a once great game turned to ashes because of it.

Member Sovereign Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Damn, this is my type of post. I've been complaining about this issue ever since I started playing this game, and it's somewhat disheartening to see that not much have improved. (Save for few exceptions.) It's quite ridiculous to realize that these champions are the full extent of the dev's creativity: a perpetual conveyor belt of Viktor clones and oversized breasts. This post pretty much sums up my feelings towards the issue, so give it a look if you want.
    Last edited by Harlequin98; 11-14-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along fine. Maybe not, but who cares. Soundcloud?

My Champion Concepts.
    This Guide is dead. RIP.

Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Someone had written that they created vivian for console players. It seems kinda true to me.
    But they could've been more creative with her abilities.
    One should've seen all the hype when they saw that "wall E" pic. It all went kaput.
    At least Torv's skin looks cool.
    They should let users here with pip avatars to create champs.

It would be nice if they could create unique champs like Terminus or evie.
    Last edited by AliceWest; 11-14-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    How Hi-Rez Makes Games, and Expectations for Beta
    (http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...tions-for-Beta)

Principle #5: Initially worry most about gameplay and fun. We can improve the art quality and general polish later on.

Should be changed to:
    Initially worry most about selling skins and cosmetics. We can improve gameplay and balance later on.

Players DON'T come here for Skins/Broken Champs. They come here for FUN.
    and for vivian's butt

Member Sovereign Prince CatManDude's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceWest View Post
    They should let users here with pip avatars to create champs.
    So me? Because if so, my ideas suck...
    Protect your supports please.
    I do not sound like Pip!

Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...524#post363524 Just a silly idea here

Support Pip guide here! https://goo.gl/VKP8iA

Fix the Pip bugs!There are 26 of them...

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    a perpetual conveyor belt of Viktor clones and oversized butts. This post pretty much sums up my feeling about the issue, so give it a look if you want.
    Very well written post, just read all 9 pages and some excellent points from you, Ozzy and a few others. Either Hi-Rez bosses need to slow down the schedule or just fire their creative team and replace them with you guys, saw some EXCELLENT ideas there. e.g:

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyOzzy View Post
    In the community creation subforum of champions, we have a talking train, a chicken scientist, a ghost pirate, a geeky spider-girl, a malicious fungus, a double-uzi using wastelander, a vampiric damsal, and even a sunfire demigoddess, just to name a few
    See I'm already excited for the geeky spider-girl, double-uzi using wastelander and vampiric damsal, but those will never come to fruition... :'(

(the butts correction is that people including myself rave about Vivian's butt, I've not noticed any oversized boobs in the realm, not even on Skye. This isn't DOA after all remember that )
    Played Paladins from OB33 to OB63. Retired now because of constant moronic decision making from Hi-Rez. Sorry LFG players.

Frontline and Support main. Mains in all roles for the curious:

Support: Seris, Mal'Damba and Jenos
    Frontline: Ash, Fernando, Ruckus
    Damage: Vivian, Tyra
    Flanker: Maeve, Talus (Overcharge with Raging Demon is pretty strong haha), fairly decent w/ Skye, am OK with Evie, not played Androxus in ages

Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by CatManDude View Post
    So me? Because if so, my ideas suck...
    sshhhh...

Seriously though, the "sitting" pip concept was so unique. You could surely design abilities much better than what vivian has now.
    How Hi-Rez Makes Games, and Expectations for Beta
    (http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...tions-for-Beta)

Principle #5: Initially worry most about gameplay and fun. We can improve the art quality and general polish later on.

Should be changed to:
    Initially worry most about selling skins and cosmetics. We can improve gameplay and balance later on.

Players DON'T come here for Skins/Broken Champs. They come here for FUN.
    and for vivian's butt

Member Sovereign Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftCobra View Post
    Very well written post, just read all 9 pages and some excellent points from you, Ozzy and a few others. Either Hi-Rez bosses need to slow down the schedule or just fire their creative team and replace them with you guys, saw some EXCELLENT ideas there.
    Thanks a lot.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along fine. Maybe not, but who cares. Soundcloud?

My Champion Concepts.
    This Guide is dead. RIP.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I want ricochet based champion. or a champion that detaches it's invulnerable soul to hunt people and possibly can pass through walls, however the main body is vulnerable and there is limited distance between the body and soul.

Member Sovereign Prince CatManDude's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceWest View Post
    sshhhh...

Seriously though, the "sitting" pip concept was so unique. You could surely design abilities much better than what vivian has now.
    I'm only good when the ideas come for characters that I really like and know rather well.
    Protect your supports please.
    I do not sound like Pip!

Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...524#post363524 Just a silly idea here

Support Pip guide here! https://goo.gl/VKP8iA

Fix the Pip bugs!There are 26 of them...

Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Samless promotion of my champion concepts on my signature

RIP
    Skill based Evie
    -Cause of death-
    Hirez removed her blink bonus damage and buffed her projectile speed
    My champion concept the pirate king
    My champion concept the lizard mage
    #MakeEvieAccurateMidair