Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Ultimate Guide to Mal'damba

Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    His ult is cap / push worthy... So its far from a shitty ult, one well timed damba's ult can make you win the game by itself even if you dont kill the guys, remember they run away from the center, so drop it on payload and watch your team push and win the round
    Bombking can do the same with a puppy bomb. I didn't say, it's useless but for an ult it is quite weak.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Hmmm, I don't know, I am doubtful on many parts.
    For example, you suggest to simply stay away from the point because no tank would come on your way to harass. Actually, ALL the tanks are crossing the point just to chase me till base/death, whatever support I play. Except Ying, because after I've killed them 2 times in no seconds, they start to be scary of me, but Ying is actually dead since 2 patches, so...
    When dealing with flankers, you suggest to stun and then gourd on you feet or just to run away. If you waste time on gourd, the stun would probably end and you'll be dead. If you simply run away, the still alive flanker would come on your way in 2 sec, and you will have 2 abilities on cooldown. Good luck with that. :-/ I find stun+LMB x 3 +stun and so on a better option. You will have no "free time" for them to move in between stuns.
    I do prefer Spirit Chosen too, but if there's no tank, or against a very mobile enemy team, you should go for a more defensive choice.
    I would also add, a problem I had when starting playing at Mal'damba, that stun, with less than 20% reload speed, is a waste of time, you won't be able to hit anything. So, put in loadout cards to get that 20% speed, or buy Def Hands till 20%. The more, the better. Especially since, after a while, you shouldn't be in need of Eerie Presence.
    Last thing: being Rejuvenate so scarce in terms of number and completely countered by Cauterize, I usually suggest tanks to pick Kill to Heal, so they can get an extra source of healing, when mine are cauterized-away. Rejuvenate is good only at low level, when people simply don't buy Cauterize.

Very good the ulti-part but... who the hell casts ulti for "celebrating"? Have you really seen so many? O.o
    Last edited by Valkure; 11-15-2017 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typo
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    For example, you suggest to simply stay away from the point because no tank would come on your way to harass. Actually, ALL the tanks are crossing the point just to chase me till base/death, whatever support I play. Except Ying, because after I've killed them 2 times in no seconds, they start to be scary of me, but Ying is actually dead since 2 patches, so...
    Meh, most of the enemy tanks I play with usually focus on our tanks,so if I don't stay on the point, they don't bother me. However, after our tank has died, their tanks usually start to kill me.

When dealing with flankers, you suggest to stun and then gourd on you feet or just to run away. If you waste time on gourd, the stun would probably end and you'll be dead. If you simply run away, the still alive flanker would come on your way in 2 sec, and you will have 2 abilities on cooldown. Good luck with that. :-/ I find stun+LMB x 3 +stun and so on a better option. You will have no "free time" for them to move in between stuns.
    If I miss my stun, I run, because of the high burst damage all flanks now have. At least I actually have a chance of living. If I don't, I LMB until they die. Sorry if I was unclear.

I do prefer Spirit Chosen too, but if there's no tank, or against a very mobile enemy team, you should go for a more defensive choice.
    I always use Spirits Chosen, no matter what. Unless I'm just messing around with him.

I would also add, a problem I had when starting playing at Mal'damba, that stun, with less than 20% reload speed, is a waste of time, you won't be able to hit anything. So, put in loadout cards to get that 20% speed, or buy Def Hands till 20%. The more, the better. Especially since, after a while, you shouldn't be in need of Eerie Presence.
    I know, however in this guide, I was mainly trying to help players who did not know how to play him. The card 'Snake Pit' promotes a more offensive gameplay, stopping new dambas from healing. Yes, his stuns are slow. However, healing is more important. And new players really need Eerie Presence.

Last thing: being Rejuvenate so scarce in terms of number and completely countered by Cauterize, I usually suggest tanks to pick Kill to Heal, so they can get an extra source of healing, when mine are cauterized-away. Rejuvenate is good only at low level, when people simply don't buy Cauterize.
    Meh, it does need a buff, so I guess you're right.

Very good the ulti-part but... who the hell casts ulti for "celebrating"? Have you really seen so many? O.o
    Well, if you saw the first comment by Borvik:
    Nice Guide!
    Very detailed, although I do Ult to celebrate if it's a win :v
    And after by Skidt:
    Who doesn't?

Srsly that big scary snek is a way to assert your dominance upon the losing team.
    And then by me:
    Well, every time I "celebration" ult, we lose the point...
    ... So yeah. A lot of people apparently.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hii View Post
    Meh, most of the enemy tanks I play with usually focus on our tanks,so if I don't stay on the point, they don't bother me. However, after our tank has died, their tanks usually start to kill me.
    Lucky guy :-/
    On which platform and which level are you playing?

The card 'Snake Pit' promotes a more offensive gameplay, stopping new dambas from healing. Yes, his stuns are slow. However, healing is more important. And new players really need Eerie Presence.
    I've always seen that like a way to survive. My supports don't do dmg to get kills, but to say alive and help the team. The only way for Damba to stay alive, above 1900 elo, is to stun and since I had not developed a better stun strategy, my Damba games were a disaster :-/
    In my experience, the not-healing support is not a newbie unable to press RMB, but a main DD or flank that simply doesn't care to heal, no matter what.
    We reported this Damba twice, a couple of days ago, for picking Damba and never healing (12k heals in the whole game, because we randomly walked on gourd). Luckily, I had not trusted him and picked a Jenos (about 100k healing, not using Celestial Touch). He was not unable to heal, he was simply uninterested in that.

... So yeah. A lot of people apparently.
    ^^'
    I've finally found it!

#StopPlayingSupports

Level
    Achievements:
    I've been away, rip...

I'm a Platinum 2, at like 2700 elo. I play on pc(duh, maldamba is impossible on console).

And the reason you don't use snake pit is 1 level of deft hands is the same as snake pit level 4. So I usually get chronos 2, then deft hands.

Btw, I figured out how to quote, but it doesn't say who said the quote. How do you do that?

Level
    Achievements:
    Click "reply with quote" at the bottom of each post. You will see something like this: "(quote= Nick number-number-number) words words words (/quote)", but with [] instead.
    You can then move the [] part to begin and end the quotation.
    In your case:
    (QUOTE=hii;410852)
    "hii" is your nick,while 410852 is the unique code of the post (so that the link would bring to your post).
    I've finally found it!

#StopPlayingSupports

Beta Player Recruit APintOfPeace's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    ...And new players really need Eerie Presence.
    Even if you have loads of experience with damba, there are a lot of instances in a single game were you miss a heal and it's not your fault. Namely, an ally using a movement skill when you didn't expect him to, or an ally receiving a sudden CC like knockback.

What is more, depending on your ping you might (hopefully rarely) miss a close-range heal on an ally at point blank range when he is crossing your screen perpedicularly to your line of sight just as he gets out of your field of view, or miss a long range snipe heal on a teammate because of the particle clusterhump around him when he engages enemies.

Therefore, I believe it's a good idea to have at least a 1 second cooldown reduction on miss, no matter your healing accuracy.

To contribute with a bit more of a technical tip, when allies lie on high ground like ledges, balconies etc, if you are close to the balcony (possibility to miss the hitbox even if your aim is true to the character model due to the angle), jump and apply mending spirits. Saves you both time and a possible stupid miss.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thanks Valkure!

Level
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Hi,

Thank you for this detail guide.
    I was wondering about the ultimate. I can't seem to make it works the way I want to.
    Where do you aim to make enemy walk the direction you want to? Is it random?
    What is the radius?

Thanks

Super Moderator Duke Hexadermia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Generally, where you detonate the ult determines where the enemy walk, they will always walk in the opposite direction where the ult detonates.

But anyways, this thread is 30 days old, no necroing please.
    Need help with Nando?

As a volenteer mod, I work on best judgement and I do not speak on behalf of Hirez Studios.

Please read the code of conduct before posting, thank you.