Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Ultimate Guide to Mal'damba

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    His ult is cap / push worthy... So its far from a shitty ult, one well timed damba's ult can make you win the game by itself even if you dont kill the guys, remember they run away from the center, so drop it on payload and watch your team push and win the round
    Bombking can do the same with a puppy bomb. I didn't say, it's useless but for an ult it is quite weak.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Hmmm, I don't know, I am doubtful on many parts.
    For example, you suggest to simply stay away from the point because no tank would come on your way to harass. Actually, ALL the tanks are crossing the point just to chase me till base/death, whatever support I play. Except Ying, because after I've killed them 2 times in no seconds, they start to be scary of me, but Ying is actually dead since 2 patches, so...
    When dealing with flankers, you suggest to stun and then gourd on you feet or just to run away. If you waste time on gourd, the stun would probably end and you'll be dead. If you simply run away, the still alive flanker would come on your way in 2 sec, and you will have 2 abilities on cooldown. Good luck with that. :-/ I find stun+LMB x 3 +stun and so on a better option. You will have no "free time" for them to move in between stuns.
    I do prefer Spirit Chosen too, but if there's no tank, or against a very mobile enemy team, you should go for a more defensive choice.
    I would also add, a problem I had when starting playing at Mal'damba, that stun, with less than 20% reload speed, is a waste of time, you won't be able to hit anything. So, put in loadout cards to get that 20% speed, or buy Def Hands till 20%. The more, the better. Especially since, after a while, you shouldn't be in need of Eerie Presence.
    Last thing: being Rejuvenate so scarce in terms of number and completely countered by Cauterize, I usually suggest tanks to pick Kill to Heal, so they can get an extra source of healing, when mine are cauterized-away. Rejuvenate is good only at low level, when people simply don't buy Cauterize.

Very good the ulti-part but... who the hell casts ulti for "celebrating"? Have you really seen so many? O.o
    Last edited by Valkure; 11-15-2017 at 03:24 AM. Reason: typo
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Help Devs balancing the game! >>>Here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link

Arkesntar, clean your inbox!

Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    For example, you suggest to simply stay away from the point because no tank would come on your way to harass. Actually, ALL the tanks are crossing the point just to chase me till base/death, whatever support I play. Except Ying, because after I've killed them 2 times in no seconds, they start to be scary of me, but Ying is actually dead since 2 patches, so...
    Meh, most of the enemy tanks I play with usually focus on our tanks,so if I don't stay on the point, they don't bother me. However, after our tank has died, their tanks usually start to kill me.

When dealing with flankers, you suggest to stun and then gourd on you feet or just to run away. If you waste time on gourd, the stun would probably end and you'll be dead. If you simply run away, the still alive flanker would come on your way in 2 sec, and you will have 2 abilities on cooldown. Good luck with that. :-/ I find stun+LMB x 3 +stun and so on a better option. You will have no "free time" for them to move in between stuns.
    If I miss my stun, I run, because of the high burst damage all flanks now have. At least I actually have a chance of living. If I don't, I LMB until they die. Sorry if I was unclear.

I do prefer Spirit Chosen too, but if there's no tank, or against a very mobile enemy team, you should go for a more defensive choice.
    I always use Spirits Chosen, no matter what. Unless I'm just messing around with him.

I would also add, a problem I had when starting playing at Mal'damba, that stun, with less than 20% reload speed, is a waste of time, you won't be able to hit anything. So, put in loadout cards to get that 20% speed, or buy Def Hands till 20%. The more, the better. Especially since, after a while, you shouldn't be in need of Eerie Presence.
    I know, however in this guide, I was mainly trying to help players who did not know how to play him. The card 'Snake Pit' promotes a more offensive gameplay, stopping new dambas from healing. Yes, his stuns are slow. However, healing is more important. And new players really need Eerie Presence.

Last thing: being Rejuvenate so scarce in terms of number and completely countered by Cauterize, I usually suggest tanks to pick Kill to Heal, so they can get an extra source of healing, when mine are cauterized-away. Rejuvenate is good only at low level, when people simply don't buy Cauterize.
    Meh, it does need a buff, so I guess you're right.

Very good the ulti-part but... who the hell casts ulti for "celebrating"? Have you really seen so many? O.o
    Well, if you saw the first comment by Borvik:
    Nice Guide!
    Very detailed, although I do Ult to celebrate if it's a win :v
    And after by Skidt:
    Who doesn't?

Srsly that big scary snek is a way to assert your dominance upon the losing team.
    And then by me:
    Well, every time I "celebration" ult, we lose the point...
    ... So yeah. A lot of people apparently.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hii View Post
    Meh, most of the enemy tanks I play with usually focus on our tanks,so if I don't stay on the point, they don't bother me. However, after our tank has died, their tanks usually start to kill me.
    Lucky guy :-/
    On which platform and which level are you playing?

The card 'Snake Pit' promotes a more offensive gameplay, stopping new dambas from healing. Yes, his stuns are slow. However, healing is more important. And new players really need Eerie Presence.
    I've always seen that like a way to survive. My supports don't do dmg to get kills, but to say alive and help the team. The only way for Damba to stay alive, above 1900 elo, is to stun and since I had not developed a better stun strategy, my Damba games were a disaster :-/
    In my experience, the not-healing support is not a newbie unable to press RMB, but a main DD or flank that simply doesn't care to heal, no matter what.
    We reported this Damba twice, a couple of days ago, for picking Damba and never healing (12k heals in the whole game, because we randomly walked on gourd). Luckily, I had not trusted him and picked a Jenos (about 100k healing, not using Celestial Touch). He was not unable to heal, he was simply uninterested in that.

... So yeah. A lot of people apparently.
    ^^'
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Help Devs balancing the game! >>>Here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link

Arkesntar, clean your inbox!