Thread: Furious Drogoz Guide

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4

Furious Drogoz Guide

So... The lizard/dragon that everybody loves and EVERYBODY hates. If you wanna get good, listen up.

LMB

The rocket launcher. It fires one 850 damage shot every 0.85 seconds. It used to be 950, but it got nerfed, because his LMB damage was totally the problem... Keep in mind, it is a slow projectile, so prediction skills are helpful here.

RMB

Next up, your fire spit. It can be *tactically* applied to a single enemy to make them take 30% more damage from you. You can also detonate it by shooting it to create a 1000 damage explosion, useful for getting people around corners.

F

This is your mobility skill, known as 'Thrust'. It jets you straight up, but since its nerf, you're better off using the booster by holding space.

Q

This ability, Salvo, uses up all your remaining ammo to rapid-fire rockets. Use it as a shield breaker, or to finish squishies. It can take down a full HP squishy if buffed with Fusillade.

ULTIMATE

After a 2 second wind up, take flight for 4 seconds, instantly killing anyone you touch! You gain CC immunity during this, so there is usually no defence of you're at full HP. Used primarily on tanks as a 'win even harder' ultimate. Jumping into crowds is not a good idea.

Strategies
    - Don't spend all of your time in the air. You are hard countered by hitscans and fast projectiles, so only pop out to pressure and poke.

- If you see enemies clumped together, Salvo into them. All I can say is that your damage numbers will be higher at the end round screen.

- If you have Combustible fire spit, you can use it to knock people off ledges.

- Don't be afraid to try and snipe with your abilities, if your teammates are causing a commotion up ahead, they're likely to hit and pressure the enemy, as well as supplement damage for your team.

- Fight from the sky. If enemies are distracted, they won't want to look up, but they'll eat damage while you spam their face.

- During duels, try Bunnyhopping with your booster, instead of continuously flying. It will make you harder to hit.

- Pair up with a fellow damage dealer on your team to take care of flankers.

- If you're out of ammo in an intense firefight, fire spit as you reload. It will cause enemies to back off, thinking you will detonate it.

- As soon as a CC ends, thrust like it's your life. (It kind of is).

Items
    - Depending on the enemy lineup, you want to take either a Yellow item first, or a Red one.

- If the other team has champions such as Inara, Ash or Makoa, you want Morale Boost as a first pickup, as you won't have time or reason to eat through their shields, rather, you have to kill them directly.

- If the other team is deployable and shield heavy, prioritize Wrecker, as Shields generally have more hit points.

- If you chose one colour over the other, your second pickup should be the other colour, appropriate to the enemy lineup.

- Only buy Blue items if level 2 or lower will help you survive one more hit from said champion. Exception is if their whole team is one damage type. Then you're more than welcome to buy level 3 of the corresponding item to get value against every enemy.
    Last edited by Skidt; 11-11-2017 at 12:37 PM.
    Boosted Memer:
    "OB 63 Introduces a new type of memer that acts a a meme booster, not only for you, but for your entire meme clan! These unique Legendary meme skins are available for every champion and include a custom meme and shitpost animation."

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Though it looks like a small guide that's just about it for drogoz haha. You covered all the important things I think. Bunny hopping is useful with many other champs as well. My highest dmg with Drogoz is around 240k but it was before the LCs were introduced. Drogoz was like the most feared and now he is a joke.

Good Guide.

*If Old drogoz existed, i would have asked you how do I deal with Androxus but now Talus laughs at drogoz. I still would like to see your suggestions on dealing with other champs or at least the flanks.
    Last edited by AliceWest; 11-07-2017 at 02:00 AM.
    How Hi-Rez Makes Games, and Expectations for Beta
    (http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...tions-for-Beta)

Principle #5: Initially worry most about gameplay and fun. We can improve the art quality and general polish later on.

Should be changed to:
    Initially worry most about selling skins and cosmetics. We can improve gameplay and balance later on.

Players DON'T come here for Skins/Broken Champs. They come here for FUN.
    and for vivian's butt

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceWest View Post
    Though it looks like a small guide that's just about it for drogoz haha. You covered all the important things I think. Bunny hopping is useful with many other champs as well. My highest dmg with Drogoz is around 240k but it was before the LCs were introduced. Drogoz was like the most feared and now he is a joke.

Good Guide.

*If Old drogoz existed, i would have asked you how do I deal with Androxus but now Talus laughs at drogoz. I still would like to see your suggestions on dealing with other champs or at least the flanks.
    Noted. I'll add some tips for that. Talus is an entirely ground target, he still can't contest you to the degree that Androxus can.
    Last edited by Skidt; 11-07-2017 at 06:49 AM.
    Boosted Memer:
    "OB 63 Introduces a new type of memer that acts a a meme booster, not only for you, but for your entire meme clan! These unique Legendary meme skins are available for every champion and include a custom meme and shitpost animation."

Banned Sovereign Prince xPurplexx's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Absolutely disgusting.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xPurplexx View Post
    Absolutely disgusting.
    Appreciate that.
    Boosted Memer:

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Hi Skidt! Nice and concise guide to Drogoz. Would appreciate your opinion on whether aiming his LMB is more accurate when aiming at enemy champions' feet rather than their bodies; would it be better at long ranges, as well as, for a strafing opponent, for example, Maeve.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pred8rz View Post
    Hi Skidt! Nice and concise guide to Drogoz. Would appreciate your opinion on whether aiming his LMB is more accurate when aiming at enemy champions' feet rather than their bodies; would it be better at long ranges, as well as, for a strafing opponent, for example, Maeve.
    For strafe-heavy enemies, shoot at their feet as they can't escape the area damage. When going for long range, you're not actually looking for hits (though is is good if you get one), so it doesn't matter. It is just to pressure the enemies.
    Boosted Memer:

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Maeve's an awkward example though because she's normally off the ground. It might be easier detonating a fire spit in that specific case.

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Thanks for this guide. Maeve is a problem for drogoz. As a matter of fact, flankers is a problem for drogoz (mostly andro, buck and lex).
    Gaze! Into the abyss!
    http://i64.tinypic.com/33jlk5u.jpg aww. ^_^

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    What are some good pointers to consider when trying to decide whether to flame spit for the damage boost or flame spit for the AoE detonate? Does it just come down to whether the enemies are clumped in a group or alone?