Thread: Champion Concept: Yazr - Support

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Lightbulb Champion Concept: Yazr - Support

Yazr, a holy priestess and the daughter of a lightning mage chieftain from a once forgotten tribe. After her father passed away, she inherited the tribe heirloom; a magical spear of lightning, Vaj’ra. Secluded in an island for a long period of time, the tribe was forced out from its hermit state to defend the land from being tainted by the unknown. Yazr emerges from seclusion to join the realm of Champions.

Yazr is a descendant of the orc race, despite being in a tribe of warlocks and shamans, she did not practice any of her ancestral rites instead served as a priestess in the temple of light. She is proficient in the usage of magical spears, through her father; who is a battle warlock.

Class: Support

HP: 2600

LMB
    Vaj’ra:
    Hurl a heavy magical lightning spear which passes through any obstacles to disrupt the foe’s attack capability and shocks enemy for a short period of time.

Effects
    • Ammo: Infinite
    • Type: Direct damage
    • Attack Damage: 100/sec (5 sec)
    • Attack Range: 150 units
    • Attack Delay: 1 sec
    • Projectile speed: 100
    • Enemy Damage reduction: 10%
    • Enemy Damage reduction duration: 2 sec

Other
    • Damage and Debuff does not stack but resets the duration

RMB
    Glimmer:
    Transmit the power of light to Vaj’ra. Grants Vaj’ra a protection spell when used on an ally. Reveal nearby enemy units. Enables Vaj’ra to be casted upon an ally.

Effects
    • Shield on target: 800
    • Shield duration: 2 sec
    • Heal on target: 800
    • Glimmer Channel time: 1 sec
    • Glimmer cool-down: 5 sec
    • Projectile Speed: 500
    • Reveal range while channeling: 50-unit radius

Other
    • Ignores obstacles
    • Projectile auto-aim
    • No movement reduction while channeling
    • Glimmer will dissipate once Vaj’ra is thrown to an ally
    • Vaj’ra can still be used as a regular attack without consuming Glimmer
    • Prioritizes allies when targeted with a nearby enemy
    • Glimmer is unusable while buff is active
    • Glimmer cool down will start once buff is used

Q
    Illuminate Domain:
    Bless the ground with the power of light and protect allies who enters the domain. Enemies who enters the domain are cursed by the light.

Effects
    • Allies received damage reduction: 20%
    • Enemy received damage amplify: 10%
    • Duration: 5 sec
    • Cool Down: 10
    • Radius: 50 units

F
    Luminary Bolt:
    Yazr’s footsteps become lighter while lowering her weapon. Yazr conjures an image of herself when moving to a different location.

Effects
    • Class: Toggle
    • Movement speed increase: 50%
    • Dash by pressing directional button twice.
    • Dash internal cool down: 10 sec
    • Dash Range: 50 units

Other
    • Cannot attack while skill is active

E
    Goddess’ Blessing:
    Strike Vaj’ra on the ground and call upon the deity of light to increase the potency of Vaj’ra for a limited time.

Effects
    • Cast time: Instant
    • Stun: 1 sec
    • Stun radius: 50 units

Buff
    • Class: Self Buff
    • Buff duration: 2.5 sec
    • Provides Glimmer effects on each Vaj’ra attack
    • Disables Glimmer while Goddess’ Blessing is active
    • Modify Vaj’ra into an Area Damage affecting both its allies and enemy nearby
    • Modified Vajra Area Damage: 500
    • Modified Vaj’ra attack radius: 25 units

Other
    • Replaces Vajra’s DPS to a single area damage attack

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    This is quite bad. None of the abilities are interesting, being senseless alternatives to already existing abilities in game. For example, the RMB is a copy of Torvald's Protection, and the F is Jenos' Stellar Wind. I can't really tell you the directions to improve, when you didn't put much effort into this in the first place.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along fine. Maybe not, but who cares. Soundcloud?

My Champion Concepts.
    This Guide is dead. RIP.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    This is quite bad. None of the abilities are interesting, being senseless alternatives to already existing abilities in game. For example, the RMB is a copy of Torvald's Protection, and the F is Jenos' Stellar Wind. I can't really tell you the directions to improve, when you didn't put much effort into this in the first place.
    Senseless alternative is too harsh to describe the point of creation for this concept. The concept was to actually create a champion that has similarities with other champions, and you are spot on on this. There is no lore yet (utterly minimal) for the game and I want to fit the champion into the existing ability characteristics of a few champions.

Yazr, is based on Jenos as a support who provides low heals but has protection abilities. She was meant as a secondary support to provide a different champion combination on pickings. She was based on some existing abilities, combined with other abilities that isn't existing for the current support roster (damage reduction / shielding / damage protection) and a movement which requires two-taps on a keyboard to trigger.

This is my first champion concept, I sincerely disagree with not putting much effort into it. There are concepts with original taste on it, but sometimes there are those who prefer trying and putting together the existing one (which I did). It could be lacking with originality, but criticising the wrong way isn't really a good thing. The idea is quite lacking and would need a lot of rework IMHO and I really appreciate you for having a look on it.

Thanks for giving it a feedback nonetheless.

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Wait, did I really write that? I sincerely apologize, this is actually a great concept. It may not be entirely original, but its execution is very nicely done. I'm sorry for overlooking such a potent idea.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along fine. Maybe not, but who cares. Soundcloud?

My Champion Concepts.
    This Guide is dead. RIP.