Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (Chaingun Frontline) - Karnak - The Chain Grinder

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

(Chaingun Frontline) - Karnak - The Chain Grinder

RACE: Cyclops
    CLASS: FRONT LINE
    PROFESSION: Last of The Horde
    HEALTH POOL: 4000
    SPEED: Medium

Playstyle Features:
    Heavy area holder and suppressor. Hit scan Chain Gunner, single target skill shot Harpoon providing a hefty Single Target CC slow, a small Deployable unit projecting a Bubble Shield for cover, Grapple hook and pull across the ground Mobility. As a Character this guy is a mix of grover, rukus, makoa and barik style traits and tactics.

Biography:
    A heavyweight fighter for the Resistance, he may not be smart or clever, but methodical brutality and tenacity gets the job done. Once a peacekeeper of the mountains, crestfallen from failing to stop the slaughter of his people, imprisoned and stripped of all pride by his enemy, his dreams haunted by the mangled corpses of his kin, nothing more now then a half mad beast driven to the brink of sanity...

It is hard to grasp why such a creature can be so merciless, butchering his foes with a twisted passion, something about the way he smiles and laughs like a bloodthirsty maniac as legions of trained soldiers are mowed down by his toy of destruction makes him seem like a big misunderstood child. But to those who know loss, it is clear that this brute has lost everything and he will fight until his body can take no more, and then he will still keep kicking and screaming until is foes lay battered and broken at his feet.

Once upon a time, the Cyclops were a tall, proud and peaceful race who lived in harmony with the mountainous land they called home. Although they saw themselves as hermits, the Cyclops were seen as the protectors of many of the smaller races that inhabited the mountains, keeping them safe from Dragons, Trolls, Giants when asked. Despite local folklore, the Cyclops were not an unintelligent race, they were a spiritual people whose technology derived from Crystals. However unlike the technology of the Goblins or Dwarves, the Cyclops bodies were natural amplifiers for Crystal power. This inherit power caused much fear in the courts of the Magistrate, how could they control the tide of power across the land if these creatures could so aptly harness power... Fearing their potential, the Magistrate soon issued a Royal Decree for the Cyclops to surrender their sacred stones their tools their artefacts, possessions that the Cyclops consider sacred all in the name of Peace to all. The Chieftain Cyclops scoffed at this decree, his people defend holds terrorised by tyrants, they live in peace as one with the world as it stands, how is it peaceful to take their core strength away, so he replied with a simple "No..." unknowing that his people had no choice in the matter.

"No" is not something you say to the Primus. Within a day Magistrate forces were already being assembled for a war, weapons of war forged overnight and an army set out by day brake. By the time the Cyclops heard, it was too late. If it was a war, it'd be remembered like the second scourge... But this was not a war... this was a slaughter...
    The Cyclops put up whatever resistance they could, they tore down mountains to show their rage, they made the Earth tremble with their fury, they held their ground to the end. But scared animals against a wall will die like animals against a wall, while the chieftain was chained and forced to watch every minute of it. "This is what he did," "He killed everyone," he was told over and over... He kicked and screamed with rage at every word.

They honoured him with the name 'The Last Cyclops' as an insulted and imprisoned him as main attraction of the Royal Zoo. The beast raged for months, tearing through its cages to only be beaten into a smaller one with bigger bars. It took time but the Magistrate finally made the Cyclops succumb, he stopped fighting, he just sat there, a docile creature, no longer a threat, or so it was thought. All ne child to let the beast out of its cage and you will see its fury.

ABILITIES

LMB = CHAINGUN
    "A bulky metal multi barrel contraption, ready to unleash a blizzard of heated metal to all in it's wake."
    - Fire a hit scan Bullet from your chain gun dealing 80 every 0.18s scaling to 0.08s over 1.5 seconds.
    - Reloading will require your to rev up again.
    - Weapon has medium random spread.
    - Barrels will keep spinning for 2s after stopping fire, allowing for movement between fire.
    - Bullets are medium to long range with strong falloff at long range.
    - Movement speed is impeded by 25% while barrels are spinning.

Magazine - 120
    Reload - 1.5s

RMB = HARPOON
    "An offensive Harpoon and Tether."
    - Fire a Projectile Harpoon at an opponent that deals 300 damage on contact.
    - On contact a line of sight Chain Link tether is formed between you and target.
    - Chain Link lasts for 3-4s.
    - Chain Link is a CC effect that applies a 30% slow for as long as the tether is established.
    - Tether can be removed earlier by either you or your target moving behind hard terrain or out of range.
    - When the tether is removed prematurely from target, target receives a 15% slow for 1.2s
    - Has a range of 80 units.

CD - 12s

Q (Defensive) = SHIELD BEACON
    "Drop a beacon deployable that emits a bubble shield of cover that holds back damage."
    - Create a 1200 Hp Deployable shield generator that emits a 6000 HP Bubble Shield at your feet.
    - Enemies inside the Bubble are slowed by 10%
    - If beacon deployable is destroyed the shield and slow effects leave.
    - Cooldown activates when destroyed.
    - Can be placed on the Payload.

CD - 14

F (Mobility) = MOORING ANCHOR / WINCH
    "Fire a Hook with a safety cable to attach to a surface, the activate it again to pull yourself out of the fray, or to seal off prey unhindered."
    - This projectile has a range of 90-120 units.
    - Fire an Anchor that travels though foes, shields and only collides with terrain.
    - On impact the Harpoon secures to terrain after 1.4s with a line of sight tether between you and you mooring anchor.
    - After the delay pressing F again will active a Winch on the gun. Pulling you along your tether across the floor toward your Mooring Anchor.
    - Each foe you body slam along your way is dealt 200 damage and is knocked aside.
    - Pressing F again will cancel the pull and destroy the Anchor.
    - Breaking line of sight with the Moored anchor will result in q 5-3s cooldown.

CD - 12s
    If missed - 5s

E (Ult) = AMASS RAGE
    "Roar with fury, gaining endurance to fight on for as long as his rage is channelled. while charging up a mighty death laser from his eye to slay all who cannot withstand it's power."
    - Instantaneously restore half your missing HP.
    - For 7s you gain 50% Damage resistance.
    - For 7s Gain 20% Increased Healing from Allies
    - Over the next 7s you begin to charge up a kill shot called Hate Ray.
    - Pressing E again, and cancelling the Ult, will to trigger cause the Hate Ray to fire with it's current amassed damage.
    - The Hate Ray deals 1600 base direct damage + the total damage negated by Amass Rage damage reduction as true damage.
    - A visual cue is added to the eye depending on amount of Damage absorbed by Amass Rage, allowing players to see the power of that shit before making a decision to hang around.
    - This Ray Pierces foes and shields but is negated by terrain.
    - If the Ult Ends without the Ray being fired Restore your HP equal to the damage sustained from Amass Rage's Damage Resistance.

Hostile ULT Sound: AN EYE FOR AN EYE!!!
    Allied ULT Sound: I WILL TAKE YOU ALL ON HA HA HA

Concept:
    Most of his kit is based around his chain gun outside of his sheer endurance as a cyclops. I feel like the game lacks a big 'heavy' chaingun guy in the Front Line class.

His Harpoon is a prospective punishing tool designed to drastically punish an out of position champion or halt a foes retreat when they are in need of healing, keeping a foe in your field of suppression.

Your Ult is a Cyclops keystone ability, FIRE A LASER FROM MY ONE EYE. Nuff said, fits right into roll and race of character. A frontline that will get deadly by just walking into the fray and absorbing fire, forcing foes to back up as he gears a kill shot to tactfully exile any impending threat to his process that combos into your harpoon or winch.

TALENTS

SKYHUNTER
    - Harpoons no longer apply a slow now cripple for 2s. Cooldown is lowered by 2.
    Tactful use of Cripples and medium to high dps is a treat to champs with better then average escape abilities.

BEHEMOTH
    - Increase Ult charge by %10
    - Restore 2/3 of your Missing Hp
    - Gain up to 50% / 80% damage resistance for 7s based on your missing hp.
    FL's need a card to say I am my own god damn support. By restore yourself up to high hp and getting +50% damage resistance, you become an enduring titan to bring down for a short amount of time.

BUBBLE MORTARS
    - Shield Beacon has 1500 Less shields can now be deployed from a distance of 60 units.
    Shoot the shield at the ground near your team member or on your foe, ether way the foe will have trouble hitting their target.

BOUND IN CHAINS
    While Mooring Anchor is Active you gain 15% increased Damage and it's cool down is reduced by 2.
    While you have a tether tween you and your morning anchor, you deal additional damage. Being able to jump on a foe and with increased damage until you retreat.

LOADOUT CARDS

ARMOR

Titan
    Increase Maximum Health by 120/240/360/480/600

Heavy Weight
    Reduce the Duration of CC and slows by %12/%24/%36/%48/%60

Fuelled by Massacre
    Eliminations Reduce active cooldowns by %10/%20/%30/%40/%50

Dead Lift
    Reduce self Slow when Firing by %5/%10/%15/%20/%25

HARPOON

Stock Up
    Reduce cooldown of Harpoon by 0.6s/1.2s/1.8s/2.4s/3s

Pin to the Ground
    Increase the slow of Harpoon by %5/%10/%15/%20/%25

Chase The Enemy
    Increase your speed by %10/%20/%30/%40/%50 for 2s after Hitting an opponent with Harpoon.

Grind Away
    Reduce the Cooldown of Mooring Anchor by 1s/2s/3s/4s/5s after hitting a Harpoon.

SHIELD BEACON

Fortress of Solitude
    Standing inside Shield Beacon heals you for 80/160/240/320/400 Health Per Second.

Salvage
    Reduce the cooldown of Shield Beacon by 1s/2s/3s/4s/5s when the Deployable is Destroyed

Mend the Wall
    Shield Beacon Deployable has 120/240/380/500/620 more Hit points.

The Ground Trembles
    When Bunker is Destroyed heal for 140/280/320/480/600 Hp per sec for 3s

MOORING ANCHOR

Fallback Chain
    Restore the cooldown of Mooring Anchor By 20%/40%/60%/80%/%100 when you fall below 50% HP

Chain Mail
    While Mooring Anchor is active you gain, 5/10/15/20/25% Damage resistance

Mending Chain
    The cooldown your Mooring Anchor is Reduced by 1s/2s/3s/4s/5s

Chain Raid
    Increase the Speed Winch pulls you toward your anchor by %10/%20/%30/%40/%50.
    Last edited by AyyDimitri; 05-30-2018 at 10:40 PM. Reason: THE FUN NEVER ENDS

Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2
    This looks like a really good concept to me. I'd just like to point out two things. 1st, on the bunker you put the solid part's health as 3600k. The "k" is unnecessary there since you wrote out the number already. Not a big deal, I do it all the time. 2nd, try coming up with some legendary cards, since those usually change how abilities work and define playstyles. Other than that, great concept!

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    yeah, I overlooked that. Fixed.

I added the Legendary and loadout cards.

Will Probably just sit on it now, giving it some tweaks here and there.
    Last edited by AyyDimitri; 11-07-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Updated with Loadout cards.

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Chainguns and Harpoons are a badass combination, but the abilities need to be more interesting, especially the F and the Ultimate.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    Chainguns and Harpoons are a badass combination, but the abilities need to be more interesting, especially the F and the Ultimate.
    Meh I like the F ability Which compared to the other movement options the front lines have, what's not to love?
    I liked the idea chaingun having a lot of chains, one of them being using the same harpoon launch and pull system for mobility. Due to the nature of his semi hard terrain wall designed to punish and slow down all who use abilities that slide across the ground, I figured he would want something with the ability to get over this.

However do agree with you about his ultimate, I dislike the ability for this champion.
    The current health regeneration ult idea and might change it to something else further on down the track when I throw a concept for a Troll or some other creature better suited to HP regeneration concepts, and I'd probably buff it a bit now that I consider that makoa and Terminus come back in a flash harder then this.

As for now I'd like to entertain myself with possible ides for his ult but am looking for good ways to make him work.
    Upon activation he screams, silencing all in an aoe for 1.5s, for 9s his eye projects magic LASER beam of soft Control while upping his chain gun revs.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    Meh I like the F ability Which compared to the other movement options the front lines have, what's not to love?
    I just found it too similar to Grover's Vine.

Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    However do agree with you about his ultimate, I dislike the ability for this champion.
    The current health regeneration ult idea and might change it to something else further on down the track when I throw a concept for a Troll or some other creature better suited to HP regeneration concepts, and I'd probably buff it a bit now that I consider that makoa and Terminus come back in a flash harder then this.

As for now I'd like to entertain myself with possible ides for his ult but am looking for good ways to make him work.
    Upon activation he screams, silencing all in an aoe for 1.5s, for 9s his eye projects magic LASER beam of soft Control while upping his chain gun revs.
    Alright, think about it. Let me know when you're done.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Edited: Changed the Ult

Health and Anti null healing sound like good tanky features, but I felt like they did not fit character theme. He is a cyclops, he may be an enduring son of a bitch but, not something that screams anti cauterise...

Now that he has an ult he can combo with his abilities and be a threat you question to fight or flee from when that becomes active.
    Last edited by AyyDimitri; 11-15-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    The new Ultimate looks great. I personally think it would be more interesting if there was a gimmick that will increase the damage of the laser. Maybe it can deal additional damage if a certain amount of damage was sustained with the damage resistance? Just a suggestion.

My Champion Concepts.
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think the legendary for his ultimate should be like Inara's earthen guard in that it makes you take more healing, even when you're being heavily cauterized. Otherwise it would be lackluster in comparison to the other 2, especially given how strong cripples are in this game.

Also how would the harpoon interact with resilience?
    Grover isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a support with such high mobility and damage? Grover puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a champion as good as him. Jenos gets top healing. Mal Damba impacts teamfights. Grover breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

It had to be said.