Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dimitri, The Cyclops

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Dimitri, The Cyclops

NAME: DIMITRI
    RACE: Cyclops
    CLASS: FRONT LINE
    PROFESSION: HORDE CHIEF
    HEALTH POOL: 4000
    SPEED: Medium

Concept:
    CHAINGUN BARBARIAN

ABILITIES

LMB = CHAINGUN
    "A bulky metal tri-barrel chaingun too cumbersome for normal men to carry"
    - Gattling gun, fires faster longer trigger is held, dealing 65 damage a shot, with 600dps up to 1000dps, capping after 1.5s, 35 minimum damage.
    - Fires rapid Hitscan shots with damage falloff after 400 units and wide weapon spread at mid range.
    - Fire rate slows (De-revs) after 0.5s of not firing the gun.
    - Movement reduced by %20 while barrels spinning.
    - Chaingun is ideal for short to medium range suppression with strong falloff and spread at long range.

Magazine - 150
    Reload - 2s

RMB = HARPOON
    "Launch a heavy Harpoon to weigh down foes."
    - Prefire windup 0.3s, Fires a 300 Direct damage Harpoon Projectile that Cripples a target for 1s.
    - Damage increases over distance up to 600 at max range.
    - Piercing.
    - Fast projectile speed, Small projectile size.
    - Does not hinder Chaingun fire

CD - 8s

Q (Defensive) = SHIELD BEACON
    "Drop a beacon deployable that emits a bubble shield of cover that holds back damage."
    - Create a 1200 Hp Deployable shield generator that emits a 6000 HP Bubble Shield at your feet.
    - Duration 6s, small radius.
    - If beacon deployable is destroyed the shield dissapears.
    - If the shield is disabled with beacon active, upto %60 CD is refunded.
    - Cooldown activates when destroyed or expires.
    - Can be placed on Payload, move with the Payload, elevators and moving terrain.

CD - 15s

F (Mobility) = GUN CHAIN / MEAT HOOK
    "Attach a Meat Hook to your Harpoon allowing it to attach to terrain and foes. When the Meat Hook impales a target locks inplace briefly, activate it again to drag yourself along the ground to target location."
    - Has an activation sound & animation of 1s replacing Harpoon with a Meat Hook ability.
    - Activating Meat Hook fires projectile with a chain link attached to caster with a range of 70 units, securing itself to Terrain for 6s for and Foes for 3s.
    - The Meat Hook projectile travels through shields, pet deployables.
    - Meat Hook deals an initial 300 direct damage and applies a 50% slow to foes for as long its attached.
    - Foes are able to cleanse the Meat Hook effect by braking line of sight, retreating out of range, gaining anti cc.
    - Activating Meat Hook again will*Disable Chaingun, with an Animation using it like a Winch to drag wielder across the ground to the target location of the Meat Hook.
    - If the Meat Hook cannot find a target it is retraced back to the Chaingun with a reduced cooldown.
    - Pressing Gun Chain while Meat Hook is active will brake the attached chain or cancel a primed meat hook, reducing its cooldown.
    - Cooldown starts when Meat Hook ends.
    - If it does not find a target, the Meat Hook is retracted back with an 8s CD.

CD - 12s (When Pull is Used)
    If cancelled - 8s

E (Ult) = AMASS RAGE
    "Roar with fury, gaining endurance to fight on for as long as his rage is channelled. while charging up a mighty death laser from his eye to slay all who cannot withstand it's power."
    - Regenerate %15 Max HP Per Second
    - For 6s you gain 50% Damage resistance bassed on missing HP.
    - For 6s Gain upto %30 increased healing depending on missing HP.
    - Over the next 6s you begin to charge up a hitscan lazer called Hate Ray.
    - Pressing E again, canceling the Ult, will trigger the Hate Ray to fire with its current amassed damage.
    - The Hate Ray deals 600 base true damage + Damage Absorbed by Damage Reduction.
    - A visual Eye cue added to Player UI and Payer Model, indicating lethality of Damage Absorbed by Amass Rage, allowing players to guage the potential power of the attack.
    - This Ray Pierces through Foes & Pet Deployable but is blocked by Shields and Terrain.
    - If Amass Rage ends without triggering the Hate Ray, Restore your HP equal to the damage sustained from Amass Rage's Damage Resistance.

Hostile ULT Sound: BERZERK!
    Allied ULT Sound: EYE FOR AN EYE!

TALENTS

BUTCHER
    - Meat Hook Lasts 1s Longer
    - On contact with a player or surface, a Chain connects to a nearby foe within 25 units, slowing by 50% for the duration of Meat Hook (4s vs players), or until out of range.

BEHEMOTH
    - Gain 600 HP
    - Increase Ult Charge by %15.

OVERCHARGED
    - Shield Beacon Regenerates 15% of its Shield Hp energy per second and lasts 2s longer.
    - Allies inside the shield heal for 100 per sec.

LOADOUT CARDS

ARMOR

More Gun Food
    Gain upto %8/%16/%24/%32/%40 Reload Speed based upon missing ammo.

Haymaker Taker
    Gain up to %4/%8/%12/%16/%20 Damage Resistance based on missing hp.

Massacred Memories
    Eliminations increse movement speed by %5/%10/%15/%20/%25 for 5s

Brutal when Broken
    Heal for 50/100/150/200/250 per second while below %30 HP.

HARPOON

Armed to the Teeth
    Hitting a target with Harpoon reduces its cooldown by 0.4s/0.8s/1.2s/1.6s/2s (applies only once)

Stab Wound
    Increase the duration of Harpoon by 0.15/0.3/0.45/0.7/0.95 seconds

Chase The Enemy
    Hitting a target with Harpoon increases your speed by %8/%16/%24/%32/%40 for 3s.

Steel Wind
    After firing Harpoon, firing does not consume ammo for 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3s

SHIELD BEACON

Fortress of Salvation
    Standing near your Shield Beacon heals you by 60/120/180/240/300 Health Per Second.

Handle With Care
    Increase the placement range of Beacon by 8/16/24/32/40 units.

Energised
    While Beacon is Active Regenerate 7/14/21/28/35 Ammo Per Sec

No Loose Screws
    CD is reduced by 0.4s/0.8s/1.2s/1.6s/2s for every 3000 damage sustained to bubble shield.

MEAT HOOK

Safety Line
    Increase the pull speed of Meat Hook by %12/24/36/48/60.

Chain Mail
    While Meat Hook is active gain, %4/%8/%12/%16/%20 Damage resistance.

Meat Fishing
    Reduce the CD of Meat Hook by 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2/1.4s

Missing Links
    Increase the range of Meat Hook by 10/20/30/40/50 units.

Biography:
    "So you want to know about Dimitri? What should I tell you, he was a chief of the Cyclops. He was the king of a race of the fiercest creatures I've ever laid eyes on." Barik
    The Resistance Warchief, once a peacekeeper of the mountains and the wealth beneath them, now a crestfallen lunatic plagued by is failure to stop the slaughter of his people, imprisoned and stripped of all pride by his enemy, his dreams haunted by the dying screams of his kin, nothing more now then a half mad beast driven to the brink of sanity... YET STILL HE WONT DIE... It is hard to grasp why a Cyclops (a gentle giant) can be so merciless, butchering his foes with a twisted passion, ripping skulls from spines, snapping limbs, something about the way he smiles and laughs like a bloodthirsty maniac as legions of trained soldiers lay mangled in his wake. But to those who know loss, it is clear that this brute has lost everything and will fight until he or his foes lay broken in their own blood.

Once upon a time, the Cyclops were a tall, proud and peaceful race who lived in harmony with the mountainous lands they called home. They saw themselves as hermit folk, but to many Cyclops were protectors of the smaller races, keeping them safe from the tyrannical creatures of the land; Dragons, Trolls, even the Magistrate.

Despite local folklore, the Cyclops were not an unintelligent race, they were a spiritual people whose inherit power derived from Crystals. However unlike the technology of the Elves, Goblins or Dwarves, the Cyclops bodies were natural amplifiers for Crystal power, channelling their energy into magic power that rivalled the most formidable crystal weapon technologies.

The knowledge the world learned from crystal technology caused much fear in the courts of the Magistrate, how could they control peace and the tide of power across the land if these creatures could so easily harness destructive energy as a means to use against them. Fearing the potential harm of crystal technologies, the Magistrate soon issued a Royal Decree for the control of crystals across the land. Treating the trade of crystals as an illegal operation and granting a reward to those willing to turn in their precious stones or any information to anyone harbouring them.

This caused great unrest amongst the folk of the world outside to walls of the Magistrate. They fear the Magistrate will turn their sacred stones in to technologies to further the pursuit of war. Rather then seeing their crystals turned to weapons, many folk journeyed to the lands of the cyclops to donate their crystals in tribute to the race who stood by them countless times against overwhelming adversaries, showing nothing but glee as they disregard self preservation in the pursuit to protect the feeble creatures of this world.

Seeing the fear in the peoples hearts, the Dimitri did what the Cyclops always do, with a merry smile he accepted their cry for help. He sheltered their crystals from the Magistrate for he agreed that the peace they spoke of was having the bigger cudgel to beat peace into others.

However honest their intentions, the tribute of crystals to the Cyclops scared the Magistrate, with rumours of the Resistance on the rise and a direct flow of power to a race of beastfolk who can level towns with a worthy enough stone, the Magistrate court deliberated for days how to go about this scenario. Their solution, a simple worded letter, a request for the Cyclops to surrender their crystals to maintain peace across the realm.

The Chieftain scoffed at this decree, sending a letter back in return. A neatly composed scroll of well worded ramblings speaking of the fear in the hearts of the feeble folk, a shadow the kingdom cast over the land shrouding the hopes of it's subjects. In short he refused, standing his ground, proclaiming if the Magistrate wants crystals then they need to earn them, they need to earn their peace.

But despite Dimitri's neutral stance, "No" is not something you say to the Magistrate. Within a day forces were assembled, equipped and trained with weapons of crystal magic the world had not seen its like before. By the time the Cyclops heard, it was too late. If it was a war, it'd be remembered like the second scourge... But this was not war.. this was slaughter... no one believing the triumphant victors claim was justified.

The Cyclops put up whatever resistance they could, they tore down mountains to show their rage, they made the Earth tremble with their fury, they held their ground to the bitter end. The chieftain himself tore through legion after legion of soldiers, an unstoppable brute some would say... But even the most ferocious beasts of legend paled against numbers of the magistrate, the efficiency of their weapons and brutality of their tactics. In the end the creatures who fought tooth and claw for their feeble friends, died feeble and scared, with their back against the wall. With the strongest of them all the Cheif shackled, chained and forced to watch every minute of it. "This is what he did," "He killed everyone," he was told over and over... He kicked and spat rage at every word, every wound they inflicted on his kin, every time they stopped breathing, he screamed.

They honoured him with the name 'The Last Great Cyclops' as an insult and imprisoned him as main attraction of the Royal Zoo. The beast raged for months, tearing through its cages to only be beaten into submission and forced into a smaller one with bigger bars. It took time but the Magistrate finally made the Cyclops succumb, he stopped fighting, he just sat there, a docile creature, no longer a threat, they had mad him their pet.

It broke him. To those who remember the jolly gentle giant only saw a shadow of his former soul, a shattered heart with nothing but hatred and pain coursing through his veins. But in his torment he learnt something new, patience. He would listen everyday for a way out of this prison. And with talk of the resistance on the rise... He understood his purpose with newfound clarity. He was engine that would tear down these castle towers, he was the instrument that would crush every bone, rend every body to a bloody mangled mess...

Quotable Voice Lines:

Enters Battle
    "SAY MY NAME, DIMITRI, WITH THREE Is"
    "I AM DIMITRI, TIS BLOODY GOOD TO MEET ME."
    "I'm often quite a gentle beast, BUT THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE TIMES!"

Kill
    "YESSS CRUSH THEM, SMASH THEM"
    Maniac laughter "HAHAHAHA"
    "YOU WILL SEE NO MERCY FROM ME"

Ally Elimination
    "THERE IS NO ESCAPE"
    "RIP THEM APART HAHAHA"

Burning
    "PAIN IS NOTHING"

Healing
    "JUST KILL ME ALREADY"
    "Bleeding won't stop me from stomping your face in"

Death
    "Maybe I can rest now...."
    "But I'm not finished yet..."

Other
    "I will LITERALLY DISARM YOU, starting with the fingers"
    "SAY HELLO TO MY BIG FRIEND"
    "NEVER FORGET, EYE FOR AN EYE"
    Last edited by AyyDimitri; 07-16-2019 at 08:54 PM. Reason: I AM DIMITRI

Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    This looks like a really good concept to me. I'd just like to point out two things. 1st, on the bunker you put the solid part's health as 3600k. The "k" is unnecessary there since you wrote out the number already. Not a big deal, I do it all the time. 2nd, try coming up with some legendary cards, since those usually change how abilities work and define playstyles. Other than that, great concept!

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    yeah, I overlooked that. Fixed.

I added the Legendary and loadout cards.

Will Probably just sit on it now, giving it some tweaks here and there.
    Last edited by AyyDimitri; 11-07-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Achievements:
    Updated with Loadout cards.

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Chainguns and Harpoons are a badass combination, but the abilities need to be more interesting, especially the F and the Ultimate.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    Chainguns and Harpoons are a badass combination, but the abilities need to be more interesting, especially the F and the Ultimate.
    Meh I like the F ability Which compared to the other movement options the front lines have, what's not to love?
    I liked the idea chaingun having a lot of chains, one of them being using the same harpoon launch and pull system for mobility. Due to the nature of his semi hard terrain wall designed to punish and slow down all who use abilities that slide across the ground, I figured he would want something with the ability to get over this.

However do agree with you about his ultimate, I dislike the ability for this champion.
    The current health regeneration ult idea and might change it to something else further on down the track when I throw a concept for a Troll or some other creature better suited to HP regeneration concepts, and I'd probably buff it a bit now that I consider that makoa and Terminus come back in a flash harder then this.

As for now I'd like to entertain myself with possible ides for his ult but am looking for good ways to make him work.
    Upon activation he screams, silencing all in an aoe for 1.5s, for 9s his eye projects magic LASER beam of soft Control while upping his chain gun revs.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    Meh I like the F ability Which compared to the other movement options the front lines have, what's not to love?
    I just found it too similar to Grover's Vine.

Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    However do agree with you about his ultimate, I dislike the ability for this champion.
    The current health regeneration ult idea and might change it to something else further on down the track when I throw a concept for a Troll or some other creature better suited to HP regeneration concepts, and I'd probably buff it a bit now that I consider that makoa and Terminus come back in a flash harder then this.

As for now I'd like to entertain myself with possible ides for his ult but am looking for good ways to make him work.
    Upon activation he screams, silencing all in an aoe for 1.5s, for 9s his eye projects magic LASER beam of soft Control while upping his chain gun revs.
    Alright, think about it. Let me know when you're done.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Achievements:
    Edited: Changed the Ult

Health and Anti null healing sound like good tanky features, but I felt like they did not fit character theme. He is a cyclops, he may be an enduring son of a bitch but, not something that screams anti cauterise...

Now that he has an ult he can combo with his abilities and be a threat you question to fight or flee from when that becomes active.
    Last edited by AyyDimitri; 11-15-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    The new Ultimate looks great. I personally think it would be more interesting if there was a gimmick that will increase the damage of the laser. Maybe it can deal additional damage if a certain amount of damage was sustained with the damage resistance? Just a suggestion.

My Champion Concepts.
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3
    I think the legendary for his ultimate should be like Inara's earthen guard in that it makes you take more healing, even when you're being heavily cauterized. Otherwise it would be lackluster in comparison to the other 2, especially given how strong cripples are in this game.

Also how would the harpoon interact with resilience?
    Grover isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a support with such high mobility and damage? Grover puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a champion as good as him. Jenos gets top healing. Mal Damba impacts teamfights. Grover breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

It had to be said.