Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Updating Forum Avatars

HiRez HQ, watching them burn it down with lemons.
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonGra View Post
    Is this real? People complain about something as small as their avatar?
    People complain about something as small as a comment on avatars?

Alyssa does actually put effort into this website, and we should be paying respect for her to updating it, to fit the game better.There is no reason to post this:

Quote Originally Posted by Mycanthrope View Post

Also, Ash's new portrait is awful; looks like she's had botox and then caked on a bunch of foundation; her face looks more lifeless than my dead cat
    So which part did you take offence to? Where I accurately stated Ash's lifeless new appearance, or where I hyperbolically compared it to a dead cat? You actually took this seriously and were offended by it? How do you even play online games?

I just find it really disrespectful. Even though some of the new portraits are reletivly weird, I actually prefer the majority of them over the old ones (Inara, Skye, Torvald, Zhin to mention some). Follow the Golden Rule: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything"
    By that logic, we should stop submitting bug complaints and asking for QOL improvements too? You also completely ignore that I said I'm fine with the majority of them. As for the nature of my comment, well I'm an abrasive guy who likes to indulge in hyperbole sometimes. It's a good detector of easily triggered types like yourself. Harden up.

And to finish it of: "No, Wallachia, you are not". Just stay positive folks, because Mycanthrope's post is just straight up rude and unnecessary.
    Lol, I don't think people need you to tell them to stay positive; I'm pretty sure they're not as affected by this as you clearly are. Need to work on that socio-emotional fragility bro. Or maybe just don't place so much stock in a random strangers subjective opinion that you get triggered by it. Whatevs. I don't think Ash's new portrait is the end of the world, but apparently my comment about it was.

PS: If I *were* being rude, you'd know about it.
    Last edited by Mycanthrope; 10-30-2017 at 07:52 AM.
    "When HiRez gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make HiRez take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see Erez Goren! Make HiRez rue the day it thought it could give the Paladins fanbase lemons!”

Quote Originally Posted by Borvik
    Hate on me all you want for defending Hi-Rez. I'll still be an apple polishing wannabe moderator.
    What? You chose to put that shit in your sig; ergo, you chose to make yourself a target.

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    I just find it really disrespectful. Even though some of the new portraits are reletivly weird, I actually prefer the majority of them over the old ones (Inara, Skye, Torvald, Zhin to mention some). Follow the Golden Rule: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything"
    What are you insinuating? I'd very like it if everyone maintained their rights to state their own opinions. I think it is even more rude to immediately neglect another person's ides just because you don't agree with them.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along fine. Maybe not, but who cares. Soundcloud?

My Champion Concepts.
    This Guide is dead. RIP.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    How about we all stop arguing now?

Oh, that's better.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger.

Booster Moderator
    “OB63 introduces a new type of Moderator that acts as a Ban Booster, not only for you, but also your entire mod team! These unique Legendary ban skins are available for every champion and include custom ban and banhammer animation.”

HiRez HQ, watching them burn it down with lemons.
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    How about we all stop arguing now?

Oh, that's better.
    It is, isn't it?
    "When HiRez gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make HiRez take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see Erez Goren! Make HiRez rue the day it thought it could give the Paladins fanbase lemons!”

Quote Originally Posted by Borvik
    Hate on me all you want for defending Hi-Rez. I'll still be an apple polishing wannabe moderator.
    What? You chose to put that shit in your sig; ergo, you chose to make yourself a target.

Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    What are you insinuating? I'd very like it if everyone maintained their rights to state their own opinions. I think it is even more rude to immediately neglect another person's ides just because you don't agree with them.
    Not going to get mad, because this is a valid point. However, what I wanted to put out, is that to focus on the negative things, isn't great. If that didn't make sense from how I wrote it, then I am sorry for confusing/misleading you. I just found how this was presented to be too extreme. (I did actually look at Ash's new portrait before commenting btw).

Criticism is fine, but there is a line between criticism and just being rude/mean. For me, to say that someone's new design looks like a lifeless dead cat who took botox, is just unnecessary. I would have been fine if it was presented: "Ash looks a bit weird, but the rest are fine", as you later mentioned that 80% of them are fine. I don't follow the filosofi of comment what you would comment in real life, face to face, but I do still think that sometimes it goes to far, even when you are on the internet. However, this is my final comment talking about this, so see you around, I guess.
    Last edited by LeonGra; 10-30-2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Spelling and to present my point better because people obviously get a bit misleaded.
    Signature size got nerfed ...

Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered Forum Tier 3 Overdrive
    Criticism is good.

People in Paladins should know what we like and dislike about the game even if it is as small as an avatar. It will help improve the game.

I love willo, I love how she reacts when she gets hit, I love how she laughs, I love many other things about her. I may relate all this with that small avatar of hers. When they change her appearance all of a sudden, I feel detached to the character. WHY??!!!! I think I have the right to be mad. They took away the one i loved. Mad enough to switch to TF2 haha.

I'm exaggerating a bit, maybe a lot. But there are players so attached to the characters. One of the guy went berserk about the new Evie avatar. The thread got closed.

Just look at the old sha and the new one, how can one not complain haha.
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude -Maya Angelou

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    They look much better than the old ones. Especially Lian.

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryless View Post
    They look much better than the old ones. Especially Lian.
    I agree, except Lex!

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Yo! these avatars looks sick

Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Pretty cool. Drawings are better than the previous art style, in some cases.

Love what they did with Andro.
    Boosted Memer:
    "OB 63 Introduces a new type of memer that acts a a meme booster, not only for you, but for your entire meme clan! These unique Legendary meme skins are available for every champion and include a custom meme and shitpost animation."