Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pip bugs

Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points

Pip bugs

So, for a while, I've been compiling all of the bugs, and I've been marking them off since I've first posted about the bugs he has. Here's what I have currently.

Healing Potion
    • Healing Potion sometimes not healing.
    • Reload randomly goes on cooldown.
    • Healing Potion not having a cooldown, and doesn’t heal for a random amount of time.
    • Healing Potion going on infinite cooldown, caused by the Reload card (Thank you DreamC for reminding me).
    • Weird collision issues with Healing Potion.
    • Healing Potion sometimes heals the wrong person.
    • Mega Potion sometimes not applying to Healing Potion.
    • Healing Potion going on an infinite cooldown.
    • Reload sometimes not working.
    • Occasionally heals someone nowhere near the potion.
    • Occasionally will clip inside of Pip when tossed, causing it to immediately detonate, usually when he’s falling and you’re aiming downward.
    • If you're moving to fast, you can clip into your Healing Potion and cause it to detonate prematurely.
    • Gift Giver card is not affected by the Mega Potion legendary (heals you only based on the base 1200 heal) and does not provide healing for every teammate hit (it MUST be written in the description). Thank you again, DreamC
    • Medicinal Excellence doesn't properly effect the visuals as of OB63. (AoE looks to be the size of a basic potion, but it'll still apply the 40% range bonus)
    • Any cards involving Healing Potion is considered Weightless. Just a visual issue, but nevertheless, still weird.
    • Gift Giver occasionally goes on 'cooldown' and doesn't apply the self heal effect from Healing Potion.

Weightless
    • Jump velocity and movement speed sometimes linger and stack with other instances of weightless, and persists in between rounds and deaths.
    • Sometimes gets canceled out and put on cooldown after activating weightless and being put under CCs such as stun/silence.
    • Weightless state gets stuck after being affected by a stun as soon as it ends (still trying to test this further).

Evil Mojo
    • Sometimes doesn’t apply polymorph (Deals damage and nothing more on non CC immune targets).
    • Doesn’t always apply Polymorph for a proper amount of time.
    • Allows a different player to get killed (Seen only with Terminus so far).
    • Sometimes does nothing, even when hitting an enemy.
    • After killing Terminus who is under polymorph, if his ult is ready he sometimes won’t die, or will still be standing without showing the incorrect character model, whilst giving him the amount of health he had before being morphed. (Assume this bug is fixed. Replicating the proper situations is getting tough, especially when teammates never focus chickens. Leaving it here just in case it's not fixed)
    • Ignores CC immunity, except on Makoa with ancient rage active with the Leviathan legendary (If this was intended to ignore CC immunity, why is Makoa special?).
    • Can't go through Vivian's shield by the looks of it.

As a side note, most of the bugs here aren't going to be seen, unless if Terminus is in the game, but I thought I'd put them here since Pip is the only character that can polymorph people

Potion Launcher
    • With the catalyst legendary, it will occasionally do the wrong amount of damage

Explosive Flask
    • Sometimes doesn't apply slow

General
    Minor things here that really could go without being fixed, but I'd like to see them fixed at some point in time.
    Mostly visual issues with the character/weapon

• Pip's weapon may appear to have a different colored... Brew? Whatever you want to call the liquid inside of it in third person, and the top of it has no texture (Seen when jumping, possibly when examining the weapon too). In addition to this, some weapons just look like a solid texture in third person instead of showing whatever is actually in the potion launcher.
    • Pip's default, default recolors, and Raider skin have weird overlapping textures on his face and tail, the arms looking a bit stretched.
    • Missing 'I'll push the payload' voice line

This is so far everything I've ran into, and I've found about 5 other ones since OB61 came out. I was contemplating posting this list for a little while now, and with the patch preview of OB62 coming out, I was thinking about waiting until it came out to see if there were any more bugs to be found, but I decided against that. So, yeah.

26 bugs total. 23 if you exclude the three general ones.

Too much seems to be going off of line of sight, or having line of sight playing too big of a part; which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it needs to be fixed and adjusted to actually work properly.
    Last edited by CatManDude; 11-17-2017 at 09:39 PM.
    Protect your supports please.
    I do not sound like Pip!

Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...524#post363524 Just a silly idea here

Support Pip guide here! https://goo.gl/VKP8iA

Fix the Pip bugs!There are 26 of them...

Banned Sovereign Prince xPurplexx's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    I didn't even know there were this many.

Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by xPurplexx View Post
    I didn't even know there were this many.
    I didn't either, until I started to write them down.
    I do not sound like Pip!

Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by CatManDude View Post
    I didn't either, until I started to write them down.
    Most of these I didn't even know existed and I've got Pip almost to Mastery 15.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xPurplexx View Post
    Most of these I didn't even know existed and I've got Pip almost to Mastery 15.
    Most of them aren't too common is the thing. And most of them have been recent.
    I do not sound like Pip!

Level
    Achievements:
    Most of them aren't too common is the thing. And most of them have been recent.
    That's true, considering most of my mastery came from games at least 10 patches ago.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered
    Yep, I've experienced most of these as well.
    I've been playing Pip... alot...

Current Goals:
    • Level 25 Pip
    • 4 000 ELO (Siege)
    • 3 500 ELO (Onslaught)
    • 200 000 healing with Pip (Single Game)

My IGN: zVersee
    Region: EU
    Stats: Click Here

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    All of these bugs were reported at least one time... Seems like they are not gonna be fixed (or at least not soon).

Healing Potion
    Healing Potion is HIGHLY not reliable, as it checks for the line of sight upon impact to the center (?) of a character in order to heal him. Thus, even the slightest bump in a map will stop the heal. Ledges, corners, etc. are all the main causes for this.

About the cooldown thingy. It is caused by a bug in the Reload card, as it desyncs with the server.

The collision of the potion is an issue too... As it seems like the potion hitbox is really big. And the "self-detonation" of the potion is a part of this. (In other cases - you just mash Q too often )

There's one more issue
    - the Gift Giver card is not affected by the Mega Potion legendary (heals you only based on the base 1200 heal) and does not provide healing for every teammate hit (it MUST be written in the description).

Evil Mojo
    Yes, there is an issue with Terminus - he just get transformed for a fraction of a second even without having any CC reduction. And this (and the other issue) is more like related to Terminus, but not Pip.

It as well relies on the line of sight, thus making it sometimes miss targets. (And, lol, blockable by Zhin...)

To add more:
    There are some visual bugs with his weapon - the liquid color is different when seen form the third person (or by other players) and the "top side" of the liquid has no texture (the texture is only visible while jumping).

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamC View Post
    All of these bugs were reported at least one time... Seems like they are not gonna be fixed (or at least not soon).

Healing Potion is HIGHLY not reliable, as it checks for the line of sight upon impact to the center (?) of a character in order to heal him. Thus, even the slightest bump in a map will stop the heal. Ledges, corners, etc. are all the main causes for this.

About the cooldown thingy. It is caused by a bug in the Reload card, as it desyncs with the server.

The collision of the potion is an issue too... As it seems like the potion hitbox is really big. And the "self-detonation" of the potion is a part of this. (In other cases - you just mash Q too often )

There's one more issue
    - the Gift Giver card is not affected by the Mega Potion legendary (heals you only based on the base 1200 heal) and does not provide healing for every teammate hit (it MUST be written in the description).

Yes, there is an issue with Terminus - he just get transformed for a fraction of a second even without having any CC reduction. And this (and the other issue) is more like related to Terminus, but not Pip.

It as well relies on the line of sight, thus making it sometimes miss targets. (And, lol, blockable by Zhin...)

To add more:
    There are some visual bugs with his weapon - the liquid color is different when seen form the third person (or by other players) and the "top side" of the liquid has no texture (the texture is only visible while jumping).
    Oh jeeze. I thought I found them all. Well, lemme add these.
    I do not sound like Pip!

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    If you still want to maintain this thread - delete duplicates from Potion bugs.