Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: About the new "Wrecker"

Member Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

About the new "Wrecker"

Although it's a great change(even tho it's still gonna get tested), it's a MAJOR Ruckus nerf.

Buying Wrecker vs Ruckus doesn't benefit a lot, since he is a tank that is more dmg oriented, and with the new Wrecker(More dmg to Frontliners instead of Shields), he is gonna get melted extremely fast, to the point a Support won't be able to sustain him for long, so Ruckus is going to be even MORE reliant on having a secondary frontliner and a support, and pray they don't get Caut 3 and Wrecker 3 else he is gonna be rendered useless.

What do you guys think about this subject?
    I used to play a lot of Viktor,
    until Hi-Rez build Viktor counters in every champion...

Main champions:

Seris (Support)
    Makoa (Frontline)
    Mal'Damba (Support)

Can also play:

Skye (Flank)
    Evie (Flank)

Hated champions:

Maeve...

Stats:

http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/new2destroyou

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class
    Wait.. new wrecker? Did I just miss something?

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 4 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Not everyone see's the Dev insight, OP.

I think this should be talked in the OB 61 preview thread, but what they said is that wrecker now deals damage to frontliners rather than shields.

10/20/30% dmg to frontliners.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    I am a tank main. All I do is play front line. I have a acc lvl 316 main acc, a 274 alt acc and 2 smurfs in the low 100s all from 95% front line champs. I have tanked through the haven and blast shields nerf, I have tanked through the constant burst dps flank buffs, I have tanked through the constant apparent hatred that lo-rez has for front lines, but this? This is endgame for me. The day this patch goes live is the day I uninstall. I know people do not care when others quit over silly things and I can understand that. It still stands that to me this is unacceptable.
    Last edited by SirH0B0; 10-12-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't know... It might be viable. The cards increasing the health of the FL's shield will be more powerful, teamfight will be longer in the late match since Wrecker as it is now melt shield like nothing, it will incite players to flank around the shield more often. The champions who have vertical mobility or throwable damage skill as the Grenade of Viktor will be crucial to gnaw off some HP behind a Nando or a Barik shield style.

We might see a HP buff on some front liner if it comes live and a new front liner who has a dome shield.

Now... Is Wrecker will be named differently ?

Never forget !
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyOzzy View Post
    Not everyone see's the Dev insight, OP.

I think this should be talked in the OB 61 preview thread, but what they said is that wrecker now deals damage to frontliners rather than shields.

10/20/30% dmg to frontliners.
    In a way its not that bad, as it punishes more FL that dont rely on shield that much (makoa anyone) and shields wont melt like butter now (if I understood your post correctly, I didnt watch the stream either). Will also split more the caut / wreck and might actually disrupt the 2 tanks meta...

Well, lets see how it goes! androx with wrecker 3 can now kill fernando in 2 seconds (ohhhhhh I can already see the abuse!)
    I wont pay a dime for this game, like, ever, because they do milk the cow, your wallet is power!

Less wrong doesnt make the system right, reverse sweep this card unbounds ASAP, else paladins is dead!

Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    My little dwarf friend will just crumble :'( this going to be painful for me.
    Last one standing w-... Well, your legs will be tired. So there.
    ----------------------------
    http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/br0d30
    -----------------------------

Member Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Leraje View Post
    I don't know... It might be viable. The cards increasing the health of the FL's shield will be more powerful, teamfight will be longer in the late match since Wrecker as it is now melt shield like nothing, it will incite players to flank around the shield more often. The champions who have vertical mobility or throwable damage skill as the Grenade of Viktor will be crucial to gnaw off some HP behind a Nando or a Barik shield style.

We might see a HP buff on some front liner if it comes live and a new front liner who has a dome shield.

Now... Is Wrecker will be named differently ?

Never forget !
    They said it will still be named Wrecker during the test phase, PTS.
    I used to play a lot of Viktor,
    until Hi-Rez build Viktor counters in every champion...

Main champions:

Seris (Support)
    Makoa (Frontline)
    Mal'Damba (Support)

Can also play:

Skye (Flank)
    Evie (Flank)

Hated champions:

Maeve...

Stats:

http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/new2destroyou

Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    If this does go live, it will make cauterize the ONLY good offense card. This is aggression under a different skin, and therefore, a noob trap like aggression was.
    Boosted Memer:
    "OB 63 Introduces a new type of memer that acts a a meme booster, not only for you, but for your entire meme clan! These unique Legendary meme skins are available for every champion and include a custom meme and shitpost animation."

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Ruckus is already countered by wrecker though. The new one will probably make it worse, but wrecker is always a good pickup vs the worst of friends.