Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How can I use Dimensional Step effectively?

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Kalmaroth, sorry for the free suggestion, but I think you should tweak your loadout in specific directions. If you already have Resonance and Rewind, you really don't need Spring Bloom and Mesmerism, because dim link recreates illusions faster. Better to use those points to lower even more dim link cooldown or to lower general cooldown.
    Or you can go for higher mobility, to raise your HP, to increase the HP you get from shatter...
    Never waste points on loadout for following two opposite play styles. Try tweaking your loadout: you'll see you can be much more effective.
    No worries; I'm always willing to try new suggestions.

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Tagger Second Class
    I have a few tips to help with dimensional link:

1) If you are trying to escape don't spam F as fast as you can. You'll end up getting caught in the crossfire and die quickly. If you are running Resonance (I don't but it's an option) and you think you can kill someone, then spam away.
    2) The best card in Ying's deck that almost everyone on every legendary runs is Rewind. It will allow you to spawn illusions while also rewinding, as you are usually to busy to heal while rewinding.
    3) The hardest skill with Ying is always knowing where you will end up as you DL. You can face illusions to teleport to them easier.
    4) Try to keep an illusion spare. By that I mean keep an illusion a safe enough distance from the fight so that you can escape with. This is especially important when facing Torvald ultimates, flankers etc.
    "Let me get a nut on your feet at least"

Asking the real questions: Why does Maeve - THE FRENCH CHARACTER - HAVE AN IRISH NAME?!?!?!
    THIS IS THE PRIME EXAMPLE OF "HI-REZ" LOGIC
    MAKE SURE TO CALL THE NEXT ITALIAN CHARACTER HAMISH WHILE YOU'RE AT IT

Senpai Noticed Me!!!

#BALANCEPCANDCONSOLESEPARATELY

Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    1) I mostly play support and tanks. Ruckus is my main character. But I played to level Pip, Grover and Ying at least to 7. My favorite champions until now are Ruckus, Barik, Grover and Ying.

2) I like to do both: heal and contribute to damage.

3) I am level 31. I have more than 10 characters at least level 5.

4) A mix. Currently I am using as loadout (sorry if some name didnt match but I noticed some card have totally different names in english): Ressonance; Squadron IV (to increase the life of my clones, providing both more heal and resistance when I shatter them); Reposition I (Reduce the time to put more clones), Fragile II (decrease Shatter time); Rewind I (seems useful but I cannot extract good value yet) and Chaser IV (increasing speed from the shattered clones seems a good way to make them useful).

I feel I position my clones at dangerous zones both to heal and shatter them aggressively. And I am having success with this strategy, although I cannot use Dimensional Link effectively. When I use Dimensional Link, I am very much screwed. I am trying to position them at safer zones, but I feel that strategy go against my objetive.

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    You can look up the original name of the cards in the paladins official wiki site.
    I'd suggest you to try out Peinzius' instructions and see how they work for you. I myself, when using Resonance, buy agility to move faster and run away from flankers and use a damage loadout with Encouragement in it to make up for the lack of cooldown reduction provided by chronos.
    Champion Concepts:
    Damage
    Erik, Lucie
    Flank
    Thomaz
    Frontline
    Bork
    Support
    Nameless, Annie

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Yxanthymir_2 View Post
    to increase the life of my clones, providing both more heal and resistance when I shatter them
    O.o
    Ehm... do your realize that is quite useless to pump up HP on clones if you are shattering them? You aren't getting more dmg when exploding if they have more HP, just for you to say. Nor they heal more for that.
    Just aim to replace them more frequently. Moreover, if you use Resonance, every time you have clones A and B, and you create clone C, A would shatter on its own, dealing dmg. So, aim to replace them often, not to make them last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yxanthymir_2 View Post
    Rewind I (seems useful but I cannot extract good value yet)
    It's the best card for Ying. Every time you move, you create a clone. You can use it to escape, while leaving some heals on the point, you can use to kill flankers (they are near you, they shoot, they hit your illusion... that explodes. Free kills! :-D ), you can massively re-create illusions, you can massively re-create bombs.

Ok, it seems to me you are a Bomb Ying wannabe. You want to play that way, but you aren't getting good results. This is due to your loadout and to your inexperience. If you have some spare essences, write me a PM and I could teach you how to do the dance effectively.
    Just remember: Bomb Ying is high risk, high reward. You aren't sparing clones to save yourself. You will be able to escape very rarely. Your strategy is to kill them, before they kill you, not to escape.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

They read it! >>>here<<<

MM community questions are here! >>>here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    O.o
    Ehm... do your realize that is quite useless to pump up HP on clones if you are shattering them? You aren't getting more dmg when exploding if they have more HP, just for you to say. Nor they heal more for that.
    Just aim to replace them more frequently. Moreover, if you use Resonance, every time you have clones A and B, and you create clone C, A would shatter on its own, dealing dmg. So, aim to replace them often, not to make them last longer.
    Yeah, but they can survive under fire longer both to heal and deal damage with more HP. It seems useful, specially if the enemy waste more time to destroy them.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    If they are destroyed, they are dealing dmg. Free dmg for you, don't need to waste shatter. If they survive, they are healing. If you need more heals, just press Q or F.
    I've finally found it!

They read it! >>>here<<<

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    ^
    This. If anything, Pursuit would be far more useful for shattering purposes.
    Champion Concepts:
    Damage
    Erik, Lucie
    Flank
    Thomaz
    Frontline
    Bork
    Support
    Nameless, Annie

Level
    Achievements:
    I increased Spring Bloom and reduced Squadron. I didnt notice a big difference, but I just played 3 games with that loadout.

One game an enemy Skye focused on me, and I could do nothing to prevent that without support, and I didnt have any. So I created other loadout with Focusing Lens, Squadron, Disappear and Tangible. And it worked in other game against Skye. Playing less aggressively also increased the effectiveness of Dimensional Link, which allowed some precious escapes.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    I usually put clones behind flankers. I shoot at them, while pressing RMB. They don't even notice clones. 100% working strategy. Try it!
    I've finally found it!

They read it! >>>here<<<