Thread: Quantum's Ultimate Ash Guide

Member Sovereign Prince QuantumPlays's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points

Quantum's Ultimate Ash Guide

Introduction

Hello, everyone. I'm Quantum (a filthy Zhin main), here to teach you how to play Ash the right way! Here, I showcase tips, tricks, loadouts, and everything else you need to know about the War Machine!

Playstyle

Ash is a front line champion who wields a flak cannon. She specializes in point control through heavy crowd control and damage reduction. Her ultimate skill plants a banner that provides her with damage immunity while within radius, making Ash ideal for last stands and stalling time for her teammates.

Abilities

Burst Cannon
    Fire a shrapnel round every 0.9s that explodes in an AOE dealing 400 damage.

• Cannon projectiles prematurely explode if there are enemies near them, making Ash unique in her ability to damage enemies around corners or under ledges with only her primary weapon attack.

Kinetic Burst
    Superheat your next shrapnel round. When you next fire, the round will instantly explode in a frontal cone, dealing 300 damage and applying a knockback (6s cooldown).

• Kinetic Burst has a short cooldown, making it ideal to shut down overtime bars or push enemies off objectives.
    • You can load up a Kinetic Burst, Shoulder Bash an enemy and fire, effectively doubling your knockback.

Siege Shield
    Deploy a 5000 health siege shield that advances forward. Lasts 6 seconds (10s cooldown).

• I rarely use this to shield allies. I mainly use it to give myself cover while I’m bullying enemies off the point.

Shoulder Bash
    Lower your shoulder and hurtle forward. Hitting an enemy will deal 800 damage and apply a strong knockback (15s cooldown).

• Finisher move to catch up to enemies to get in the final blow or just kill them off entirely.
    • Try to imagine where you're going. If you're going to go up the stairs, aim for the stairs. I can't tell you how many times I've aimed for a place and charged against a wall and get myself killed, so plan ahead.
    • Shoulder Bash has a whopping 15 second cooldown, so use it wisely.

Assert Dominance
    Leap forward and plant your Banner in the ground dealing 350 damage on impact and creating a Damage Immune zone for yourself that lasts 8s. You must remain in the zone to receive the Immunity.

• You do not have crowd control immunity for the duration. If you’re having trouble with CC, go ahead and purchase Resilience.
    • Assert Dominance is great for stalling objective points or last stands. Use it when you need to.

Loadouts

Percussion IV, Castle Forged III, Brawl III, Gate Crasher I, Heavy Metal I

This loadout specializes in Kinetic Burst. Taking advantage of the short cooldown, it is shortened even further. The blast is amplified to the fullest, making Ash ideal for "booping" enemies off the map and objectives. Any LC will do, it just depends on the situation. Battering Ram for high damage enemy teams or Rally Here for high damage allies. Fortress Breaker could be good against shield grinders (Drogoz, Viktor, etc). Percussion IV might be overkill for some people, so you could take it down a point and raise Heavy Metal or Gate Crasher.

"Boop."

Counters & Threats

Counters
    • Low-no mobility Champions. Ash can chase down enemies with Shoulder Bash and knock them back with Kinetic Burst. If they fly or dash away, try to direct a teammate to them, as Ash has zero vertical mobility

Threats
    • Resilience or any CC reduction/immunity. Ash lives off of knockbacks, so when enemies aren't blasted off the map, there's a problem.
    • Crowd control especially during her Ultimate. Again, Resilience is a good option.

TL;DR

Ash can zone objectives well with knockbacks and can stay alive even longer on the battlefield with the right cards and items.

Conclusion

Thanks for reading. My next guide might be on Willo, Lian or Seris.
    Last edited by QuantumPlays; 10-10-2017 at 08:15 AM.
    Join us in The Realm and at /r/PaladinsStrategies!

Front Line: Ash, level 10, Flanknando, level 9
    Support: Seris, levlel 11, Jenos, level 7
    Damage: Lian, level 6
    Flank: Zhin, level 15

Most Objective Time: 398, Ash, 8/25
    Most Healing: 127,155, Jenos, 10/29
    Most Damage: 148,527, Fernando 8/27
    Most Killing Blows: 27, Zhin, 8/25

Member Duke
    Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3 10000 Experience Points
    Awesome stuff !
    Currently at Mastery 23 with Maeve and growing...(Mastery 21 before OB 58)
    #of Blades
    I will always stand by this champion....
    Raeve + Dreamhack <3
    Kill Compilations/ Life in Paladins: YouTube Channel
    My personal Maeve guide
    Also known as 'ProjectEC97'

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    nice guide , dont forget to add legendaries , espacialy the shoulder bash one its a good escape9 sry for bad english)

Member Sovereign Prince QuantumPlays's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by emrahkutuk786 View Post
    Awesome stuff !
    Thanks.

/10char
    Join us in The Realm and at /r/PaladinsStrategies!

Front Line: Ash, level 10, Flanknando, level 9
    Support: Seris, levlel 11, Jenos, level 7
    Damage: Lian, level 6
    Flank: Zhin, level 15

Most Objective Time: 398, Ash, 8/25
    Most Healing: 127,155, Jenos, 10/29
    Most Damage: 148,527, Fernando 8/27
    Most Killing Blows: 27, Zhin, 8/25

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    any maps where ash excels at? points with very close quarters doors like frozen guard, and brightmarsh makes knetic burst almost pointless.

also resilience can nulify this build, but at least u force resilience over mitigation.

also percursion IV might be over kill on certain maps like jaguar fall or serpent beach where you can only knockback someone until it hits its gate limits, i think percusion III might give you more flexibility to add a point on heavy metal or gate crasher.