Thread: Champion Concept - Glacier - Front Line

Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Champion Concept - Glacier - Front Line

Ariel, The Glacier (My idea for Level 20 title) is Evie's younger cousin who looks up to Evie and follows in her footsteps. Unfortunately she bungled the imprisonment of her ice elemental and bonded to it directly. As a result ice is constantly forming around her, building up into a giant humanoid form reminiscent of the form of the elemental. Her avatar and unarmored form would always have bits of frost on it because of this.

She has learned to control the ice to some degree, allowing her to stay largely un-iced most of the time and use the ice in combat. Being less skilled and more encumbered than Evie she relies on that ice armor in combat to protect her rather than quick movement. The heavier the ice is, the more of the elemental's strength comes through, allowing her to deliver tremendous blows and take enormous amounts of damage.

Unarmored form abilities:

Movement speed: 360
    Health: 1750

LMB - Ice Bomb: Launches a ball of ice from her hand that explodes on contact. Small AOE, 300 damage every 0.4 seconds. Affected by gravity with medium range.

RMB - Ice Stomp: Stomps her foot sending spikes of ice in a line forward from her foot. Small knockback and 400 damage. 8 second cooldown.

F - Ice Slide: Coates the ground ahead with ice while sliding across it. A quick dash ability that moves in the direction she's looking when activated 100 units. 10 second cooldown.

Q - Release Restraint: Allows ice to form around her, increasing armor level by 50%. Instantly transforms into armored form, switching to skills and movement of that form. Ice collects at 150% rate for 5 seconds after activation. 20 second cooldown.

Her ice armor forms slowly over time, regenerating 30 points of ice armor every 0.3 second.

Once ice armor reaches 25% she achieves Crude Armored Form (made up of loose blocks of ice of various sizes in basic shape of elemental). At 60% armor reaches Cracked Armored Form (final elemental form with cracks and chips across the surface). At 90% or more she achieves the final Elemental Form of solid ice in colossal humanoid shape. Maybe different levels of cracked like shields have between 60 & 90%.

Armored Ice Form:

Movement speed: 350

Health: 1750

Armor: 4500

LMB - Ice Breath: Breathes a cloud of ice at very short range, small AOE, causes a cumulative slow effect up to 80% and does 25 damage every 0.1 second. 25 ammo before she has to catch her breath.

RMB - Ice Knuckles: Great sweeping punch with giant iced fists, AOE, short range, dealing 300 damage plus 5 per percent of armor remaining (800 max) with knockback of 100 + 2 per percent of armor remaining (300 max). 5 second cooldown.

F - Ice Slide: Short slide on ice in direction she's looking. Distance is equal to unarmored version minus 1 unit per percent of armor remaining. 10 second cooldown.

Q - Armor Break: Ice armor shatters, pelting nearby enemies with ice for 500 damage plus 5 per percent of armor remaining (1000 max) with knockback of 150 + 2 per percent of armor remaining (350 max). Instantly reverts to unarmored skills and appearance. 30 second cooldown.

Her ultimate is the same regardless of form:

Ultimate (E) - Blizzard: Creates a storm of ice and snow in a small AOE around her. Restores 25% armor per second (does not exceed maximum of 4500, instantly converts to armored form if not already in that form). Slows, cripples and pulls enemies towards her slightly. Lasts for 5 seconds doing 100 damage per second.

Legendaries:

#1 - Cold Front: Ice armor regenerates up to 100% faster (10% per level). Ice Breath slow stacks up to 50% faster.

#2 - Ice Skater: Ice Slide cooldown is decreased by 0.5 seconds per level. Grants 5% damage reduction per level. Affects both forms.

#3 - Snowball Fight!: Ice Bomb does up to 100 more damage per shot with a larger AOE and increases firing rate to 0.3 seconds.

#4 - Storm Front: Blizzard lasts up to 5 seconds longer and allows armor to build up over the 4500 limit which armor lasts for 10 seconds or until destroyed.

I know she might seem OP because of her high armor number and constant regeneration but keep in mind Bulldozer is cheap and allows extra damage against her armor. She would be tough, but I think not OP. Especially with her slow speed and short range. The ability to play her as a flank when unarmored would also add an interesting twist to the character. Another interesting aspect is that most of her 'health' is armor so supports would give less help to her. The team support could actually concentrate on other champions and just throw some pocket heals her way when things get desperate.

There are so many artistic angles to this champion, too, between the ice armor being able to be shaped various ways (skin possibilities down the line) being ice, to having it look different depending on it's strength.

That's my basic idea, I would really love it if this, or a version of it, made it into the game! We need more front lines who can actually stay on point! :P

Now that I've got numbers in this I would be happy to get feedback on them.
    Last edited by MrsCrii; 01-27-2018 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Added more detail

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    i don't like the idea of the armor lose changing the skill values, and the fact that you can turn into a flank when armor wears off, but the concept of armor break and skills is nice. 9/10
    Fav champions

Front: Fernando, Ash & Rockus
    Support: Mal´Damba , Pip & Jenos
    Dmg: Pip & Lian
    Flank: Fernando ; ), Talus, zhin. (Yes i suck at flanking).

Beta Player Marquess Evanstanislass's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    what? she can't use Ulti if her armor is down.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanstanislass View Post
    what? she can't use Ulti if her armor is down.
    She can, but I'll edit it so that's more clear.

Beta Player Grand Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    The armor mechanic is pretty cool, but what percentage does the armor need to be in to activate the armor form? Does the armor form activate above 90%, or does the armor stance remain active whenever there is a shield? Either way, I think you should find a way to balance this champion so that both forms are regularly used. Also, I think the shield charges too fast; you might want to nerf it.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. I take high regards towards strategy games, contemporary literature, bad movies, otaku culture, and electronic music.

My Champion Concepts.
    The Magistrate needs you!
    Welcome to the CCCC!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    The armor mechanic is pretty cool, but what percentage does the armor need to be in to activate the armor form? Does the armor form activate above 90%, or does the armor stance remain active whenever there is a shield? Either way, I think you should find a way to balance this champion so that both forms are regularly used. Also, I think the shield charges too fast; you might want to nerf it.
    The armor amount is 25%, so 1125. I set the regeneration rate where I did to try to keep it from being OP because it would take over 45 seconds to regenerate from zero, assuming no use of Release Restraint or Blizzard. But those would be used, presumably, so what rate would be better, do you think?

It would take a little over 11 seconds to regenerate the armor from 0% to 25%. If I reduce the rate that would be even longer. What else would help to support the un-armored form?

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    It's a bit complex, but it sounds like a FUN champ and frontlining should be more fun.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkerizer View Post
    It's a bit complex, but it sounds like a FUN champ and frontlining should be more fun.
    Thanks Stinkerizer ^^