Thread: Bolla - The Glutton (Front Line Concept)

Beta Player Baronet DudewiththeFood's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Bolla - The Glutton (Front Line Concept)

Bolla - The Glutton

A fat dragon. His tail is wrapped around a rocket on his back as opposed to Drogoz' 'wings' and he carries a huge cauldron/mortar/sawn-off cannon type weapon.

Role: Front Line
    Health: 4900
    Speed: 355

On the higher end of the spectrum for health but being a huge target with huge damage potential but largely harmless at medium range, Bolla is likely a damage's first target to burst down. Couple that limited self-shielding and an escape ability on long cooldown and I'd argue the health is justified.

LMB: Canister Pot
    Fires a shot of 25 pellets dealing 70 damage each.
    Has a reload time between shots of 2.3s.
    Has an accuracy of 50%.
    Has a damage fall-off beyond 90 units.
    Can deal headshot damage.

1750 damage per shot seems like a lot before even considering headshot damage but the accuracy creates a spread twice as wide as Barik so maxing that means shooting point blank into another tank.
    It is a weapon to strike fear into the hearts of other front lines. (To stop deft hands being an automatic pick, perhaps the weapons needs a 0.5s recoil animation before reloading - not sure on that. Maybe the caut/wrecker potential with spread/damage would be enough for some diversity.)

RMB: Discharge
    Spits a growing orb that becomes a half-hemispherical shield facing away from Bolla.
    Shield has 4000 health or otherwise a duration of 5.5s.
    Cooldown: 10s after shield is destroyed.

This is an aggressive shield intended to be used to cut off damage from the source, rather than prevent yourself taking it - imagine standing within an enemy Makoa's shield but shooting at a Drogoz in the sky. The enemy has to either come closer to your shot, reposition or risk getting shot to pieces without being able to return fire. Potentially also a point of retreat or protection for backliners getting caught by flankers too far for Bolla to shoot.

Q: Fuel Leak
    Hovers at jumping height dealing 25 damage every 0.1s to all enemies within a 30 unit radius.
    Has a duration of 2s and applies the Burn effect for 2.5s.
    Cooldown: 8s

As much a point clearer as the LMB but more of an afterthought than the other abilities.

F: Jet Rush
    Fires a rocket jet that propels you forward at a 70 degree angle.
    Have full air control on the descent.
    Cooldown: 15s

Can be used for chasing down a kill but you're height makes you vulnerable on the way in and the cooldown means it will be tricky to then use it as an escape.

E: Chain Shot
    Loads a round of chain into his next LMB.
    Chain affects all champions within a medium range.
    Deals 150 damage at point blank range with significant drop-off.
    Roots all affected champions for 1.8s and slows them 50% for a further 2.5s.
    Destroys shields but will not damage/affect champions that were behind them.

CCs the point longer than Inara but you'll still get shot at and a quick-thinking Front Line could sacrifice a shield to counter easily.

Legendaries (All subject to some degree of change)
    Crocodile Blood - Continuously regenerate 110 health a second which is immune to cauterize effects.
    Heavy Landing - Jet Rush now propels you directly upwards and 200% air control. Knocks back enemies upon landing and applies a 0.4s stun.
    Caustic Bile - Reduces the cooldown of Discharge by 2s. Applies a 50% movement speed Slow to enemies below the shield.

Still working on the concept, so any suggestions/criticisms are more than welcome.
    Last edited by DudewiththeFood; 09-26-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    I want this in the game. I would make art, but no need to give a picture of a fat Drogoz.
    GIVE ME THE OLD RIPENED GOURD BACK! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Well, your name says it all really, DudewiththeFood, Bolla The Glutton.
    Hi

Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Review time

Quote Originally Posted by DudewiththeFood View Post
    Role: Front Line
    Health: 5200
    Speed: 360
    that HP is 2nd highest in the game, with Ash being in the first place with just 5300 HP

LMB: Canister Pot
    Fires a shot of 25 pellets dealing 70 damage each.
    Has a reload time between shots of 2.3s.
    Has an accuracy of 50%.
    Has a damage fall-off beyond 90 units.
    Can deal headshot damage.

1750 damage per shot seems like a lot before even considering headshot damage but the accuracy creates a spread twice as wide as Barik so maxing that means shooting point blank into another tank.
    It is a weapon to strike fear into the hearts of other front lines. (To stop deft hands being an automatic pick, perhaps the weapons needs a 0.5s recoil animation before reloading - not sure on that. Maybe the caut/wrecker potential with spread/damage would be enough for some diversity.)
    this is just way better Buck's shotgun
    yeah his accurasy is 20% lower and range is 60 units shorter but that damage makes up for them and makes the weapon better than Buck's shotgun but has only 1 ammo

also with Wrecker 3 you could pretty much 1 shot an Fernando shield

RMB: Discharge
    Spits a growing orb that becomes a half-hemispherical shield facing away from Bolla.
    Shield has 3500 health or otherwise a duration of 5s.
    Slows enemies by 20% beneath the shield.
    Cooldown: 10s after shield is destroyed.

This is an aggressive shield intended to be used to cut off damage from the source, rather than prevent yourself taking it - imagine standing within an enemy Makoa's shield but shooting at a Drogoz in the sky. The enemy has to either come closer to your shot, reposition or risk getting shot to pieces without being able to return fire. Potentially also a point of retreat/shield for backliners getting caught by flankers too far for Bolla to shoot.
    what does this "Slows enemies by 20% beneath the shield." part mean?

Q: Fuel Leak
    Hovers at jumping height dealing 25 damage every 0.1s to all enemies within a 30 unit radius.
    Has a duration of 2s and applies the Burn effect for 2.5s.
    Cooldown: 8s

As much a point clearer as the LMB but more of an afterthought than the other abilities.
    does the burn DoT do damage on top of the 25 dmg per 0.1 seconds. if it does, is it the default
    40 dmg per tick

F: Jet Rush
    Fires a rocket jet that propels you forward at a 70 degree angle.
    Have full air control on the descent.
    Cooldown: 15s

Can be used for chasing down a kill but you're height makes you vulnerable on the way in and the cooldown means it will be tricky to then use it as an escape.
    i guess this is ok, but what do you mean with "full air control"

Roots all hit champions for 1.5s and slows them 50% for a further 2s.
    Destroys shields but will not damage/effect champions that were behind them.

CCs the point better and for longer than Inara but you'll still get shot at and a quick-thinking Front Line could sacrifice a shield counter easily.
    actually Inara's stun lasts longer than 1.5 seconds + its a stun and not a root.

with Root the rooted enemy can still kill you or use something else to survive, but if its a stun (like Inara's "seismic crash") its almost quaranteed kill since the stun lasts 2 seconds.

Legendaries
    Crocodile Blood - Continuously regenerate 55 health a second.
    Heavy Landing - Jet Rush now propels you directly upwards and gives you 200% air control. Stuns enemies on landing for 0.8s.
    Hot Cooking - Something weapon related I think. Not sure what.
    Crocodile blood: meh legendary, it gets countered too heavily by cauterize, and its 55 HP PER SECOND... which is less than Damba can heal, which is 280 hp per second (70 HP per 0.25 seconds)

Heavy landing: better "Thrust" with a belly flop... that does no damage but stuns people for only 0.8 seconds (15 second cd)

Hot Cooking: how about "Canister pot now deals 60 dmg per pellet with but applies burn DoT for 5 seconds dealing 50 dmg every 0.25 seconds" (also you had the name for this but not an effect? imo the effect needs to be done before naming the legendary)
    i miss the old Andro, Lex and Buck

My concept hub

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Paavis1999 View Post
    that HP is 2nd highest in the game, with Ash being in the first place with just 5300 HP
    Noted. I was going back and forth over whether he needed the survivability because his potential damage likely makes him a damage's top priority but atm I'm back with you.

Edit: Bear in mind his hitbox is nearly as round as Makoa but taller too so not only is he top priority, he's also easist to hit. It's down to 4900.

this is just way better Buck's shotgun
    yeah his accurasy is 20% lower and range is 60 units shorter but that damage makes up for them and makes the weapon better than Buck's shotgun but has only 1 ammo

also with Wrecker 3 you could pretty much 1 shot an Fernando shield
    The idea is that with such a huge spead, you shouldn't be able to one shot anything because any remotely decent player will keep their distance - like countering the old Torvald. The only time you'll be able to land everything would be firing point blank into a tank or shield. Even at that range dps is 760 (if you shoot as soon as you reload/not counting headshots) which sounds high but that's if every bit of damage lands each time too. Also, if you spend the shot on the shield, Nando has a chance of getting good damage on you.

what does this "Slows enemies by 20% beneath the shield." part mean?
    Had planned for synergy with Drogoz' slow projectiles, thought it would be OP and nerfed the slow. Have now changed.

does the burn DoT do damage on top of the 25 dmg per 0.1 seconds. if it does, is it the default
    40 dmg per tick
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if Burn had a default because I couldn't find any explanation on it but basically Nando's fireball as an AoE instead of a shot. Does that make it op or would a player always be better off investing the seconds reloading for dps?

i guess this is ok, but what do you mean with "full air control"
    Like Buck, can change direction mid-air. It's not a huge bonus but sometimes the little things help.

actually Inara's stun lasts longer than 1.5 seconds + its a stun and not a root.

with Root the rooted enemy can still kill you or use something else to survive, but if its a stun (like Inara's "seismic crash") its almost quaranteed kill since the stun lasts 2 seconds.
    True. Like the health, I had two different mindsets going on.

Crocodile blood: meh legendary, it gets countered too heavily by cauterize, and its 55 HP PER SECOND... which is less than Damba can heal, which is 280 hp per second (70 HP per 0.25 seconds)
    Should I buff the numbers or make it immune to cauterize? Grover passively heals 80 per second for reference.

Heavy landing: better "Thrust" with a belly flop... that does no damage but stuns people for only 0.8 seconds (15 second cd)
    Go in with a loaded weapon and even a stun even that short might be op. Having second thoughts about this. Might a knockback help the situation?

Also, Thrust has quicker cooldown while Bolla doesn't get any boosters. He's too fat to stay in the air long.

Hot Cooking: how about "Canister pot now deals 60 dmg per pellet with but applies burn DoT for 5 seconds dealing 50 dmg every 0.25 seconds" (also you had the name for this but not an effect? imo the effect needs to be done before naming the legendary)
    I'll be honest the name was a placeholder for a bunch of things I thought would either be absurdly op or unnoticeable tweaks. And he's 'The Glutton.' I did consider more burns but I'm still not sure if that's the right direction.

Thanks for the review, it's been very helpful.
    Last edited by DudewiththeFood; 09-25-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Noted. I was going back and forth over whether he needed the survivability because his potential damage likely makes him a damage's top priority but atm I'm back with you.

Edit: Bear in mind his hitbox is nearly as round as Makoa but taller too so not only is he top priority, he's also easist to hit. It's down to 4900.
    ok, this seems more reasonable

The idea is that with such a huge spead, you shouldn't be able to one shot anything because any remotely decent player will keep their distance - like countering the old Torvald. The only time you'll be able to land everything would be firing point blank into a tank or shield. Even at that range dps is 760 (if you shoot as soon as you reload/not counting headshots) which sounds high but that's if every bit of damage lands each time too. Also, if you spend the shot on the shield, Nando has a chance of getting good damage on you.
    but i think this would have (so called) "roadhog effect".

so it would be better to flank with this tank and just obliterate other players.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if Burn had a default because I couldn't find any explanation on it but basically Nando's fireball as an AoE instead of a shot. Does that make it op or would a player always be better off investing the seconds reloading for dps?
    well when i say "default burn DoT" i mean the dmg that Fernando's burn damage is (which is 40 dmg per tick)

Like Buck, can change direction mid-air. It's not a huge bonus but sometimes the little things help.
    i know what "air control" is but never heard someone been using a term "full air control". is it like instant turns between 1-360º

Roots all affected champions for 1.8s and slows them 50% for a further 2.5s.
    Destroys shields but will not damage/affect champions that were behind them.

CCs the point longer than Inara but you'll still get shot at and a quick-thinking Front Line could sacrifice a shield to counter easily.
    i forgot to ask this, is that 150 dmg per pellet or in total with all pellets

Should I buff the numbers or make it immune to cauterize? Grover passively heals 80 per second for reference.
    i think this could need both to be viable. maybe 100 or 150 hp per second (cannot be mitigated)

Go in with a loaded weapon and even a stun even that short might be op. Having second thoughts about this. Might a knockback help the situation?

Also, Thrust has quicker cooldown while Bolla doesn't get any boosters. He's too fat to stay in the air long.
    yes, i think an knockback could be better (for point clearing)

I'll be honest the name was a placeholder for a bunch of things I thought would either be absurdly op or unnoticeable tweaks. And he's 'The Glutton.' I did consider more burns but I'm still not sure if that's the right direction.
    ok, if you want some other type of legendary i can try to come up with something

Thanks for the review, it's been very helpful.
    you're welcome, glad i can help

My concept hub

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Paavis1999 View Post
    but i think this would have (so called) "roadhog effect".

so it would be better to flank with this tank and just obliterate other players.
    I've put his movement down so he'll be slowest in the game. Jet Thrust already has a long cooldown too so flanking is dangerous without support. Tbf, if you have backup, you're at the front line anyway and not really flanking at all - the class isn't called Point.

well when i say "default burn DoT" i mean the dmg that Fernando's burn damage is (which is 40 dmg per tick)
    Yeah that's what I meant, are the ticks 0.1s?

i know what "air control" is but never heard someone been using a term "full air control". is it like instant turns between 1-360º
    Afaik, it's acceleration changing direction but turning might be affected too. I just copied the phrase from Buck on the wiki.

i forgot to ask this, is that 150 dmg per pellet or in total with all pellets
    150 damage on each champion hit assuming too close for fall-off.

i think this could need both to be viable. maybe 100 or 150 hp per second (cannot be mitigated)
    I've put it up to 110 and caut immunity. The number really is something we'd need to see in-game before balancing but the idea is there.

yes, i think an knockback could be better (for point clearing)
    Slightly reworked with this in mind.

There's a third legendary too now.

Level
    Achievements:
    Yeah that's what I meant, are the ticks 0.1s?
    Fernando's "ticks" are 0.4 seconds per tick

My concept hub

Level
    Achievements:
    That should be okay as it is then.