Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A REWORK for Pip HEALING

Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2

A REWORK for Pip HEALING

BRING BACK PIP

COME ON GUYS YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT

Just so everyone knows, I DO NOT PLAY PIP. Meaning stats will probs be bad. But I do like a good pip on my team once in a while. Good luck with that now days. I just find Pip's methods of healing to more of a problem then a blessing when he is my only support. Mainly since his healing helps you, but gives you nothing to help the area around you, and 90% caut makes pip have to wait for the FL to stave off caut before the healing is worth it.

So the issues I have with Pip

- hits my shield, no heals
    - right above the healing and missed it
    - have to group up for healing to be most useful (low health guys - grouped up screams rape position)
    - Have to group up quickly and demand healing, reaction time has to be fast.
    - 1200 healing is good, but due to how sudden pips heals and how much needs to be done to get out of hard cauterise to reap the rewards of a slightly stronger grover heal
    - 2400 healing is too much for low health champs, but goodish to balance out caut. Powerful for tanks, Uber for Inara, good heals if you have a tankyish party health.
    - I have no gripes with Catalyst Pip, I honestly have not used him enough to state any issues.
    - Acrobatics is fine now

ANYway what I am trying to get at is that the 2nd blaster support is kinda lackluster in his heals. Is rarely picked up in PGS and has not proved effective in games aired online. There are some components of his kit that baffle me, like no healing potion in weightless, healing 3 targets at once is scary with good shielding but shields ruin pip in the wrong moment.

SO THE CHANGES

Healing Potion
    Launch a potion at target location. Heals for 800 upon impact leaving a mist of healing vapours that lasts for 3 seconds. Allies in this area are healed for 160 per second for 3s, Staying in the area continues the effect.

-Less of a powerful burst heal
    -Secure area heal, covers the air like a willow Cauterise Field
    -An area like this
    -Allows allies to try obtain some healing out of it- more secure healing
    -Much shorter then mal healing field duration, covers air and burst heals to compensate.
    -Increases the total heal effect a little to compensate for lack of burst.

Mega Potion
    Upon Impact Healing Potion heals for 1600, and lasts for 5 seconds.

Tweaks
    -Can now fire healing Potion in weightless
    -Goes through shields, not solid walls like inara's wall
    -Heal covers a spherical area

So I imagine with these changes pip will still do roughly the same amount of healing in his numbers but work better with the champion roster, allowing them to react to pip healing and get some. It will also allow pip to place his heals and provide a temporary area healing presence to any are in need of it. Something that mal can do very well, but pip could do the same job considering he is a blaster and can get a good vantage on the enemy, area healing should help the area, not some iffy split second life top up. I read that pip used to provide area healing in early beta, but it was reworked, then mal was introduced later and is still in the meta bc mal is awesome. But these days I see more people liking grock and grover more as off healers then humble joke for first free unlocked support champ pip considering what skill cap for how his healing works when to still learn about caut.

I hope this thread generates enough heat to turn some heads at high-rez throw some much needed tweaks to Pip.

COMRADE DIMITRI OUT
    CURRENTLY ROASTING HALF THE CHAMP ROSTER

Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    How about make the healing something like, 350 per second in the cloud?
    IvJo
    Master of Spam

God, I hate myself.

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by IvJo View Post
    How about make the healing something like, 350 per second in the cloud?
    Ah in my own opinion it seems bit strong considering how you are getting good burst heal on top of it. And the burst heal is on a lowish cooldown compared to grover and grock. I also like the fact that Pip was the only burst healer, with no healing over time unlike grover. The heal is in the burst. If the burst heal radius were as effective as applying as a Willo Field were, and a low potion cool down make splashing your allies the main idea. . So the current math I worked out and probably needed to include.

So the math Per target
    800 + (160+160+160 (3s healing buff) = 1280 in 3s healing for a mere splash

800 + (160+160+160 (3s field)) (160+160+160(3s 3s healing buff) = 1760 in 6s healing is the full amount of healing if you stay in the field and better then the healing already

Mega Potion

1600 + (160+160+160 (3s healing buff) = 2080 for a splash over 3s

1600+(160+160+160+160+160 Area 5s)+(160+160+160 (3s healing buff) = 2880 over 8s.

If there is a pip healing field near you as a flank you can get inside it and use an ability to stay in there for a while. Better then pip missing his heals altogether.

Getting around 480-960 heals or 480-1260 heals from mega potion are fine after missing the impact healing.

Pip's current potion cooldown is 8s so his healing will last the entire duration with mega potion. Perfect for a Frontline on the point. However, pip can reset his cooldown with potion for another on top of it, or at another position.
    Last edited by AyyDimitri; 09-13-2017 at 02:24 PM. Reason: more info

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    honestly, as a pip main myself, i believe they should take a page from Jenos instead, and make the potion a heal over time with a smaller cooldown. this way, it's fire and forget just like they wanted jenos to be as a "fun" healer

imagine if mega potion instead healed for 15% of max hp on impact and then healed over time for a set duration (15% being on allies only.), and the cooldown is reduced to 4 seconds. imagine how powerful that would be healing your entire team on the point with it, encouraging teamplay with a pip while still making him useful with single heals.

without the card it would just be a heal over time like buck's recovery.

side note: reload would have to be reworked to reduce to .25/.50/75./1 sec

both would put pip immediately in league with jenos, and ying in terms of sustain.

the main issue with the healing design of pip is that it requires a clustered communicative playstyle. while this may work at the high levels of play, it falls short when there is little to no communication.
    So i may know a lil bit about >>>>>ᕙ(◉ᴥ◉)ᕗ<<<<<<<<<

just a lil....

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Uh, to be honest, his potion is perfectly fine the way it is currently; it just needs bug fixes.
    Protect your supports please.
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 202,674 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! https://gyazo.com/4263ef1f89e5b9749ed91b3ac3e7a903 Woohoo!

Please buff Rejuvenate or nerf Cauterize. Cause Cauterize being what is basically the best damage card in most cases is silly

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...524#post363524 Just a silly idea here

Support Pip guide here! https://goo.gl/VKP8iA

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    There would be to many support healers then who require you to wait and stand in an area to get heals. Pips instant heals are unique to him.

Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by lllSquishylll View Post
    There would be to many support healers then who require you to wait and stand in an area to get heals. Pips instant heals are unique to him.
    This exactly. I don't want more supports to be similar to each other. Jenos is unique in the way that he has his heal over time. Pip has a thrown AoE whilst Grohk has an AoE + passive heal. Ying has her clones and Damba has his snake and gourd, and Grohk has his totem. Seris is just the medic basically. I like the fact that all of the supports heal and support differently. Yes the changes sugested here would still keep him similar to his normal with it being thrown, but it'd be what would be, in my opinion, a better Grohk totem. As it can't be destroyed in half a second.
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 202,674 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! https://gyazo.com/4263ef1f89e5b9749ed91b3ac3e7a903 Woohoo!

Please buff Rejuvenate or nerf Cauterize. Cause Cauterize being what is basically the best damage card in most cases is silly

Level
    Achievements:
    This exactly. I don't want more supports to be similar to each other. Jenos is unique in the way that he has his heal over time. Pip has a thrown AoE whilst Grohk has an AoE + passive heal. Ying has her clones and Damba has his snake and gourd, and Grohk has his totem. Seris is just the medic basically. I like the fact that all of the supports heal and support differently. Yes the changes sugested here would still keep him similar to his normal with it being thrown, but it'd be what would be, in my opinion, a better Grohk totem. As it can't be destroyed in half a second.
    His burst is good and will always be good, it is the aspect I do not want to ruin about pip. I was overjoyed when I learnt I could heal 4k as inara from a pip mega potion. He can make plays happen with the right roster of champs.
    But I feel like it is bugs, weird healing amounts that exceed minimum champ health with mega potion, and cannot give a temporary "hold" in an area, only restore 1 or more allies beginning to fall low on health in an area and have them hold the area again alone. I would see that hitting a champ with potions gives them that extra kick of heals and a bit of regeneration to help with their job. A short but week lingering heal afterwards would allies advance or fallback to a better position if they know they will get bout 500 health if they touch that 3s field. Think of Androx, Drogoz and eive needing and the see that bubble of heals. With mega potion boosting its burst and lingering effect without exceeding max health volumes of squishy champs I'd say it nothing can be wasted, plus that bit of regen makes damage champs with life rip come back faster after caut is gone.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    His burst is good and will always be good, it is the aspect I do not want to ruin about pip. I was overjoyed when I learnt I could heal 4k as inara from a pip mega potion. He can make plays happen with the right roster of champs.
    But I feel like it is bugs, weird healing amounts that exceed minimum champ health with mega potion, and cannot give a temporary "hold" in an area, only restore 1 or more allies beginning to fall low on health in an area and have them hold the area again alone. I would see that hitting a champ with potions gives them that extra kick of heals and a bit of regeneration to help with their job. A short but week lingering heal afterwards would allies advance or fallback to a better position if they know they will get bout 500 health if they touch that 3s field. Think of Androx, Drogoz and eive needing and the see that bubble of heals. With mega potion boosting its burst and lingering effect without exceeding max health volumes of squishy champs I'd say it nothing can be wasted, plus that bit of regen makes damage champs with life rip come back faster after caut is gone.
    What you say is true, but even then, that would, in my opinion, just make him a better Grover. Grover with a legendary card gives healing over time. We don't need to make him so useless that he becomes even more of what people use him as now; a sniper with a self heal. A lot of the champs don't really need any adjusting, and Pip really doesn't need any. Just the bug fixes.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by CatManDude View Post
    What you say is true, but even then, that would, in my opinion, just make him a better Grover. Grover with a legendary card gives healing over time. We don't need to make him so useless that he becomes even more of what people use him as now; a sniper with a self heal. A lot of the champs don't really need any adjusting, and Pip really doesn't need any. Just the bug fixes.
    Yeah sorta Grover to provide better area healing presence, but no not like grover, since Grover still wins PGS games, his healing can be unexpectedly powerful in the right moment and can be much harder to deal with his cripple shutting down lots of mobility characters with good accuracy and providing good ranged bruising damage to slow and big targets and his ult can either save a team from ult combos or lay a full on assault into the enemy making every ally near immortal as they shred the enemy team. Even more his healing card is not about healing, it is about generating ult charge so you can heal your frontlines when they need it. So yeah grover is a useless self sustain sniper, if you take extra damage, or be a more annoying mal or jenos with cripples and roots. No better burst area healing then a 2500 per sec heal. Now that is grover, and that is how grover works. We know he is a hard solo healer, but to say only a self sustain sniper... wow harsh.

Pip though... He can pocket a person, but his healing brings no tankiness to the area other then the initial burst heal that takes longer the less people are being healed and we all love his buggy heal. Least this way it is easier to see where pip is throwing these potions and there is some heals if they miss. He had mal's healing field in first release, but that was almost another game ago. But we see the power of mal, grover and grock area heals in the game but the set up is easy to see and easy to counter with willo. And yes we see how powerful Pip heals are too. I know what is meant by no fondness for having to run to an area for healing so BAM Pip brings the area to you. Lasts for 3s, then move on. It also allows a grover presence for 1 or 2 champs without grover being there, something I feel would be good on pips heal.
    Last edited by AyyDimitri; 09-13-2017 at 04:59 PM.