Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why partner with Facebook? WHY?

Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1 year registered

Question Why partner with Facebook? WHY?

Legit, like, why though?

A professional eSports League, being streamed, not on the top dedicated game-streaming sites, but a social media site?

I mean, it's not even centered around gaming, and that's not where gamers will go to watch gaming-related content.

It is legitimately hurting viewership, less people view because they don't want to go to Facebook just to watch and, and even before that, the UI and customizability given is lackluster in comparison.

So why Hi-Rez? Why not Twitch? Or even YouTube? Why Facebook?
    "Thank you for reading me."
    - Signature

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by R3ViSiON View Post
    So why Hi-Rez? Why not Twitch? Or even YouTube? Why Facebook?
    Psst, over here.

Streams that are made on Facebook are simultaneously made over twitch and youtube.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger.

Booster Moderator
    “OB63 introduces a new type of Moderator that acts as a Ban Booster, not only for you, but also your entire mod team! These unique Legendary ban skins are available for every champion and include custom ban and banhammer animation.”

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 911
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Not only are there fewer gamers on facebook, the facebook streaming setup is extremely clunky compared to youtube gaming or twitch. I am not gonna go back to fb just to watch Paladins esports anyways.

Imo they don't really care about actual advertising though and rolled with it coz it might be more profitable in ad revenue (just speculating ofcourse based on the lackluster advertising efforts for the game)

And I'm calling it, they're gonna come up with another skin set to bribe people to watch the streams on fb..

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Psst, over here.

Streams that are made on Facebook are simultaneously made over twitch and youtube.
    Are you sure? I thought it said "exclusively" facebook?

Edit - It IS exclusively on Facebook

https://dotesports.com/business/pala...facebook-17212
    Last edited by Arkenstar; 09-13-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenstar View Post
    Are you sure? I thought it said "exclusively" facebook?
    Wha? Since when? The last events I attended to were being streamed everywhere.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Booster Moderator
    “OB63 introduces a new type of Moderator that acts as a Ban Booster, not only for you, but also your entire mod team! These unique Legendary ban skins are available for every champion and include custom ban and banhammer animation.”

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    It is another proof that the paladins project is lead by people who dont have a clue about where they want to go with this game, except for cashflows. Sorry being a bit harsh and repetitive about this, but I can list 50 obvious things that make me think they are literally trolling us at this point...
    I wont pay a dime for this game, like, ever, because they do milk the cow, your wallet is power!

Want to create a forum team? Check it here : http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...orum-quot-team

On strike right now, no Paladins untill MM is fixed

Level
    Achievements:
    Wha? Since when? The last events I attended to were being streamed everywhere.
    The new Paladins Premier League which is associated with WESA, has partnered exclusively with Facebook for streaming. So there'll be no more simultaneous Youtube or Twitch streams :/ Only on Facebook Watch, which I doubt anyone even uses. No one I know in the gaming community does.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenstar View Post
    The new Paladins Premier League which is associated with WESA, has partnered exclusively with Facebook for streaming. So there'll be no more simultaneous Youtube or Twitch streams :/ Only on Facebook Watch, which I doubt anyone even uses. No one I know in the gaming community does.
    Blargh. I only watch stuff at twitch.

Booster Moderator

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    I never knew there were streams on facebook. Worst case you need to make an account there if that is even needed to watch.

Tho idk why would they make it facebook exclusive, barely anyone will watch it compared to twitch/yt.

Blargh. I only watch stuff at twitch.
    Youtube is a lot better for watching paladins tournaments.
    Speed Enthusiast

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Why would HI-Rez do it? Thought they were trying to invest heavily on E-sports transmissions.
    I still don't like OB58

(nor any other patch after that one)