Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: buff androxus (and here's why)

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    It would be nice if reversal didnt put you in 3rd person.
    ☃⛄☃⛄☃⛄☃⛄☃⛄☃⛄☃⛄☃

Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    But just make the particles in first person at the up cornors.
    IvJo
    Master of Spam

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by IvJo View Post
    Defiance and LMB Have no cooldown :P
    great skill defiance, says the prophecy that only one person once in his life hit the three shots.

Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    What I was saying with that was:

2 of his abilities have no cooldown.
    IvJo
    Master of Spam

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by IvJo View Post
    What I was saying with that was:

2 of his abilities have no cooldown.
    Just kidding

But the cooldown of his abilities is too long, I press the F many times XDD, things of the past. If the reversal were less time, the nether steps could load more easily, when you hit other champion.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Yes, that's true. I think it should get like a cooldown reduction of 2 seconds.
    IvJo
    Master of Spam

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    31 days registered
    No, just no. Androxus doesn't need to be buffed! I am an Andro main, and he is powerful enough already. But reworking the Dark Stalker- card could be good. I'd want the original Dark Stalker back, and the old freaking firing back.
    You just need to get good.

Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by CandySuxxx View Post
    It would be nice if reversal didnt put you in 3rd person.
    Every buff he will ever need.
    My mains

Damage: Drogoz, Bomb King (I only play blasters)

Support: Snek, Jenos

Flank: Androxus (Not too huge on flankers)

Front line: Makoa, Ruckus

New Youtube layout is trash

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EvieIV View Post
    he was op and outshined every other flank in the game while dark stalker was so forgiving that even a new player would rock on him if he came from csgo or whatever other shooter. back when legendaries didn't exist he was still the best flank and since that point til now nothing has changed, only people who are garbage at knowing when to engage are the ones that want him buffed so that he can get in a 1v3 outduel one and get out while wasting the other 2 time.

that's not balance, that's bias. he's perfectly viable and he's even seen play in ESL. only reasons he's not taken is because tanks are too strong, and therefore you prefer to have 2 tank counters in form of dmg classes than a dmg and a flank because 2tank2dmg beats 2-1-1 and 1-1-2 anytime
    And could you explain how exactly was the old dark stalker card so forgiving? Because as far as I know it only made your dashes a separate 3 charge skill, making your dash both viable as an approach and escape skill. It didn't add damage, autoaim or even faster ult charging. A bad player would hardly benefit from it. It just made his flanking skill more suited for... well flanking.

Also I love this skill/ESL argument. Look absolutely any champion can be the best/most viable pick if you have enough "skill". If you can consistently(more than 80% of the time) land head-shots than its easy to be "viable". But that's player skill not the champion actually being good. With this sort of approach Groover could be "theoretically" the best DPS, Kinessa the optimal flank and Ghrok the best healer. Also ESL will inevitably have a tangibly different teams comps due to the generally high skill level of all the players, meaning compositions will be made to counter/ deal with situations that most of the player base will never experience.

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Androxus doesn't necessarily need a straight up buff to his numbers but a tweak to his kit. You see Andro like most of the champions introduced in closed beta has this problem where he was designed for a mostly different game than what we have now. The maps were bigger, some champions were almost completely different, the card system was also something else, you could re-mount and much much more. The point is the core of his kit was made for a different game and a different roster of champions to deal with.

However as the game changed Andro remained mostly the same, resulting in parts of his kit becoming redundant.

For example his RMB has little to no purpose and unless you are close enough to count the pixel on the enemies texture you wont hit all three shoots, wasting half your clip(assuming it was full before you fired).
    This could be solved by instead making the bullets more accurate and have them instead of damage apply some debuff. A slow, reveal(like Tyras mark) or a simple damage boost.

Same goes for reversal, its a gamble a skill mostly reliant on the enemies stupidity and not on your skill. If the enemy is good enough to not shoot you, you just gave them a free window to do whatever. If they are stupid enough to shoot you its till easy to miss if they use a mobility skill or have the common sense to move around(maeve is especially troublesome).
    This again could be remedied by simply making a small AOE blast or integrate the godslayer card as a default effect of the ability.

Also they could try something similar to what they did with Lian where her ULT isn't really a ULT you trigger once in a while but another ability that If used efficiently can used repeatedly.