View Poll Results: Do you agree with what I said?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • not at all!

4 14.81%
  • A agreed somewhat

8 29.63%
  • I agreed for the most part

13 48.15%
  • I 100% Agree!

8 29.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why Paladins is literally the best game on earth EVER... ( read it all please)

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points

Exclamation Why Paladins is literally the best game on earth EVER... ( read it all please)

Hi, I am a newer player to PC but not PS4 version of paladins. I switched to PC and it was like the game changed completely. Chatting became more frequent, the teams I was playing with were so much better! And here are three reasons Paladins is the best game EVER-

1. Currency system-

This will be an extremely unpopular view point but, the currency system is amazing. If you are or were like me, for years a was a free to play player. Because their was absolutely no way for me to make money.
    This games currency system is great for free to play players. Why? Because their is no point in the game you cannot reach without paying money. Most free to play games demand your money almost constantly. Sure, its in the main lobby. But it is advertising in their own game. You can grind and earn any champion and get any loadout for that champion just by playing the game. Based on other games THATS INSANE. No money wall or need to pay. But here is the catch for you pay to play players. YOU WANT TO PAY IF YOU HAVE MONEY! I mean sure if you don't have money normally the founders pack looks like heaven, but earning it is half the fun. I personally have the money to get all the packs and probably will sometime this week but grinding, voice and type chatting, working as a team, and feeling accomplished is the best part. But if you are a pay to play player then this game is also for you. The not insanely high and dope cosmetics are amazing! VIP gives such cool stuff you keep wanting more! For free to play players cosmetics look cool but are no biggie, but for pay too play players, they are amazing. Now to go through the currencies.

Gold- Overall amazing! Grinding for it is not bad and for the pay to play players that have tons of gold can just buy cosmetics. Perfectly executed Hi-Rez. Well Done.

Crystals- Like any free too play game their is going to be a currency basically made for pay to play players. Overall its useless to small p2p players like myself but to the people who buy it buy the $100's is worth it. Completely normal

VIP Points- Their has been a lot of fighting in the community about VIP points. Weather they are good for the game or not. And I think they are great for the game. They are different from crystals. small time pay to play players can make some small purchases that are totally worth it and the same goes with big time spenders. Its eve great for free to play players because they can get some of the less expensive cosmetics too! Just today I got 4000 VIP points no booster and I'm not a VIP (yet) now yes I played probably way to much today. Those points wont come easy, but over the course of 1 and a half to 2 months a free to play player can get 14 days pf VIP and spend those saved up VIP points. Also very well done Hi-Rez

Essences- I am not an old player. So I don't know the pain of essences yet, but from what I have seen it does need to have something other to spend it on besides cards. Pay to play players have no use for it at all. Maybe just add something soon Hi-Rez.

2- Teamwork:
    This game is like no other. In other games I can carry the team or a team could carry me. Paladins doesn't need teamwork does it? YES IT DOES! Literally every-time a person plays bad or just chills for no reason, the team loses. Just one person and you go down so far in ranked. Why the heck is this a good thing? Because by the time you make it to ranked (Which takes a while but can be done with a bit of grinding from free to play players) you know this! Everyone knows that if one person plays bad or just runs around and trolls its over. And its GREAT! Perfect way for a game to work! And in some way it brings the community together! Asking for advice and giving advice is such a big part of this community! That is why it is so good! Without this part of this of the game the community wouldn't be what it is today! A helpful community with a healthy dose of tough-love.

3- Communication:
    Sure in other games you can voice chat and type chat. But its usually trolls trolling or boring stuff. And because team work is so key, this game's communication in game is amazing! I played a couple rounds with some guy and we were unstoppable! A little voice chatting here and their during the game made it super easy to win! Come to find out he was streaming on twitch and I found out how deep my voice was on chat (You have no idea, I am just 16, what the heck). Even type chatting I met this person and they skipped school (STAY IN SCHOOL KIDS) and we played for 6 hours non-stop! We had our ups and downs, but overall we were killing it just by being in a party and type chatting for hours. IT WAS SO FUN! every hour or so one of us had the gold to get a new champion and we would test it in the next match! It was amazing!

Final Piece: I know this was long, but I hoped you enjoyed reading it. Just love the game so much I wanted to say what I wanted to say. Good Luck fighting guys! GG

Rest in peace my Master Maeve, nr 62 in the leaderboard. Same with all my lost diamonds
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 3 months registered 25000 Experience Points
    I agree. Lets fill the forum with satisfaction too, not only raging/drama threads
    Flanker with Maeve
    Steam Account
    Unofficial forum discord server
    My Maeve artwork album
    I'm NOT german! Stop asking!

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 911
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    I like that you're enjoying the game and find it perfectly suitable to your tastes and needs. So I'm not going to contradict that. Good for you

And I do agree on some points, especially the fact that this game is fun, good on teamwork, and overall very enjoyable and addicting.

I will disagree completely on the currency and many other issues. The currency and economy in this game is below average. There are dozens of other free to play games who have done it MUCH better and in a much more satisfying way while at the same time striking a balance with making profit. So no, the currency situation is HORRIBLE.

That combined with the server issues, lack of focus on bug fixing, lack of lore, etc, it has more than its share of flaws.

tl;dr, The game is good, fun, balanced (balanced enough ) and something I totally support (I've got every pack they've released) and believe in.. but it is nowhere NEAR being a perfect or best game.

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    We rarely see threads like this. I'm not saying the game is bad, it's good and it's fun. But the reason why we rarely see such threads is because the game is far from perfect.
    ~Barroge Incaming!!!~

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    I like the game, but I have to disagree.

Currency System:

- Pricing of champions doesn't fit the game. They should be priced depending on their difficulty. That will make players think twice before wasting 12K on a champion that is beyond their level.

- There are many currencies, and that alone is a big problem.

- Some skins are almost impossible to get, unless you pay for them. I'm not complaining that they should make them easy to get. Just pointing out.

Teamwork:

- I've been in many matches where a single player carried their team.

- Not every player needs to have experience to survive the game.

- Support class is a bit unimportant. Healing is overpowered, and the way Hi-Rez balanced it is not a well-thought fix.

Communication:

- I almost never communicate with my team. Yet I do just fine.
    My Favourite Champions:

Front Line: Ash, Inara
    Damage: -
    Support: Seris, Ying
    Flank: Evie, My Dearest Love

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    just my thoughts guy not saying its perfect I mean I have no idea what they were thinking was going to happen when they put in essences and also the servers crash 4 out of every 5 games. This is just what makes it different. Also yeah some champions prices make like 0 sense. some champions are way to cheap for how easy to use and good they are like ruckus (Not a bad thing) and some champions require a lot of skill like Inara, who if you don't have much experience with she is awful. not saying its perfect, but its a lot better than many other free to play games in beta.

Member Sovereign Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    I can't agree with everything, but keep up the positivity.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along fine. Maybe not, but who cares. Soundcloud?

My Champion Concepts.
    This Guide is dead. RIP.

Member Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered
    It is good to see nice stuff about the game

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    I like the positivity. But, the currency grind for escence is bad. It makes it feel like a PTW game for new players, and in some way it really is. The cards are far(!) from equal, and you are playing at a huge disadvantage when you don't have certain cards. You get essence mainly through chests, you buy chests with gold, you need gold to get new champions.

I dont mind having to choose between grinding or paying to get all the champions or cosmetics. I really dont. I have paid for some, and I am a founder.
    But I have a hard time recruiting friends to play with me, and that is mainly because of the card disadvantage they have when they start playing, and the time they have to spend before they are at equal terms unless they pay. And if they have to pay, then they rather get that other game...
    I always play medic in games, and work as one in life.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    funny title