Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: AFK compensation in comp

  1. #11
    Member Knight Avatarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Vect(0,0,0);
    Posts
    94
    Level
    14
    Points: 765, Level: 14
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Well, if player is not moving for 20 seconds, run a countdown to warn him and then kick him out. If he doesn't reconnects till the end of the match, he should lose all TP as if his team has been defeated. The other team members should not lose any TP (or lose just a small amount). If they win, they receive the normal amount of TP.

  2. #12
    Member Baron Extryse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    285
    Level
    52
    Points: 6,400, Level: 52
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    The only problem with this is people teaming up to buff each other's TP. Example:

    Me and friend want to rank up significantly. I use my main and he uses a smurf, and we play as a party. If we're doing well, we play the game. If our team does poorly, the smurf goes afk at the first sign of defeat so we don't lose as much TP. After a few matches, my friend plays on his main and I use a smurf account, and we repeat the same system.

    This is the main reason I hesitate to support any proposals like this regarding afk teammates. I'm all for creating a huge deserter penalty, or even a large TP penalty, to anyone found to be afking in ranked matches. But I don't trust the thought of softening the loss for teammates of the deserter, even though I am aware of how much it sucks to realize you're trying to play with a bit on your team
    I agree with you
    Front Line: Ash, Fernando
    Support: Seris, Grover
    Damage: Drogoz, Lian
    Flank: Zhin
    updated 15/09

  3. #13
    Member Sovereign Prince
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,441
    Level
    93
    Points: 22,505, Level: 93
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    Considering half of my latest ranked games I get DC, how do you suggest the game will handle people who get dropped beetween people who go afk volontarily?
    I wont pay a dime for this game, like, ever, because they do milk the cow, your wallet is power!

  4. #14
    Member Archduke Valkure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,873
    Level
    100
    Points: 52,740, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    It is not important if they drop or are force-dropped, the important thing is that I still don't want to loose points for their absence. Yesterday, 2 ranked, 2 times.
    No, thanks.
    So, yes to all the good ideas in this thread. No more loosing points for playing 4vs5, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extryse View Post
    I agree with you
    Yes, this is true, but it's also true that you can't undermine fair players' game experience for some cheaters. It would be something like "no paid illness day off at work, because someone can fake to be ill".
    I've finally found it!

    New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

  5. #15
    Member Baronet Genavelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    174
    Level
    21
    Points: 1,405, Level: 21
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    Considering half of my latest ranked games I get DC, how do you suggest the game will handle people who get dropped beetween people who go afk volontarily?
    It doesn't really matter, the fact is that if your team is playing with a bot, they are at a disadvantage to the other team. Just because the game crashed vs you ditching doesn't make a difference to anyone else in the game. My proposed system for 1 reduced TP loss per minute of bot seems like a fair enough way to handle people who reconnect, and if there is a bot for 50% of the length of the game, only the bot loses TP (as well as receiving a hefty Deserter penalty)- but if you are a bot for half the game or more, it's usually not going to be because you disconnected. And if you disconnect that much, you really shouldn't be playing this on your computer anyway.

    ~~~~
    And as for the whole Smurf thing, I see your point, but I feel like Smurfs kinda go against the spirit of the game altogether. I'm not sure what Hi-Rez's opinions are on Smurfs, but personally id say they should be discouraged in the first place.

  6. #16
    Member Archduke Valkure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,873
    Level
    100
    Points: 52,740, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Smurfs would be a problem only in the first 10 games ever (Casual games, on top of that), if the MM would be decent.
    I've finally found it!

    New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

  7. #17
    Member Sovereign Prince
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,441
    Level
    93
    Points: 22,505, Level: 93
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Genavelle View Post
    It doesn't really matter, the fact is that if your team is playing with a bot, they are at a disadvantage to the other team. Just because the game crashed vs you ditching doesn't make a difference to anyone else in the game. My proposed system for 1 reduced TP loss per minute of bot seems like a fair enough way to handle people who reconnect, and if there is a bot for 50% of the length of the game, only the bot loses TP (as well as receiving a hefty Deserter penalty)- but if you are a bot for half the game or more, it's usually not going to be because you disconnected. And if you disconnect that much, you really shouldn't be playing this on your computer anyway.

    ~~~~
    And as for the whole Smurf thing, I see your point, but I feel like Smurfs kinda go against the spirit of the game altogether. I'm not sure what Hi-Rez's opinions are on Smurfs, but personally id say they should be discouraged in the first place.
    My computer is fine, thank you, their servers on the other hand are shitty at best... So no, untill game is stable again I fail to see how losing a game because deconnexion should still give me TP loss...

    The only thing that I can agree here is the no tp loss for your mates, but penalizing someone for things totaly out of his control (in many cases) is just a no go.
    I wont pay a dime for this game, like, ever, because they do milk the cow, your wallet is power!

  8. #18
    Member Baronet Genavelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    174
    Level
    21
    Points: 1,405, Level: 21
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Okay, but if it was solely just the servers, then everyone should be disconnecting an equal amount, in which case the TP would all even out anyway.

    Plus, my husband and I are both on the same internet and out of the 2 of us, we'll have maybe one crash per day, but quickly reconnect. And sure, maybe you shouldn't lose extra TP unless you're a bot for half the game.

    With my idea, teammates would only lose 1 fewer TP per minute of bot. So if your game crashes, and it takes you 2 mins to get back in, then your teammates lose say, 8 TP instead of 10, while you lose 10. It's not really that big of a difference unless you are a bot for a long period of time, or if you are a bot for 50%+ of the game...which seems fair to me, because that means your team was handicapped for atleast half the game, and you also were not participating for half the game. It also should not take you half the game to log back in after a crash.

    And remember, that this only really matters if you have a bot and you lose. If you simply crash and log back in, your team should still have a fair shot at winning.

    In a perfect world, sure the system would know the difference between crashes and afk and leavers, and be able to respond accordingly. But if we don't have that technology, than I'd prefer to find a good (not perfect) alternative solution.

  9. #19
    Member Archduke Valkure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,873
    Level
    100
    Points: 52,740, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    I don't know which is the problem, but since 2 patches ago, we all have that annoying freezing at 1:30 after game starts, and random disconnection. Sometime you aren't able to re-connect, because the game doesn't allow the log-in for some minutes. :-/
    I've finally found it!

    New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

  10. #20
    Member Recruit
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    23
    Level
    15
    Points: 882, Level: 15
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    The only problem with this is people teaming up to buff each other's TP. Example:

    Me and friend want to rank up significantly. I use my main and he uses a smurf, and we play as a party. If we're doing well, we play the game. If our team does poorly, the smurf goes afk at the first sign of defeat so we don't lose as much TP. After a few matches, my friend plays on his main and I use a smurf account, and we repeat the same system.

    This is the main reason I hesitate to support any proposals like this regarding afk teammates. I'm all for creating a huge deserter penalty, or even a large TP penalty, to anyone found to be afking in ranked matches. But I don't trust the thought of softening the loss for teammates of the deserter, even though I am aware of how much it sucks to realize you're trying to play with a bit on your team
    Apply the penalty to the whole party. Problem solved

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •