Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The single problem i have with Lian

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by dbzlucky77 View Post
    Seriously tho i just posted a VIDEO of me doing it back to back with ease, but somehow it's unrealistic? You're just being stubborn at this point and not even thinking things through
    A single video showing a couple of chain elims isn't nearly a large enough data set to be "proof" of anything. What you posted is basically the equivalent of somebody posting a video of them hitting 5 people w/ Valor and saying "yo look how realistic and easy it is to catch the entire team stacked".

Consistently and reliably chaining kills, particularly with streaks of 20+, typically means you're playing easy games against outclassed opponents. If you're playing games like that, it really doesn't matter what build you're running. You'd crush either way.

Chaining eliminations against a balanced and evenly matched team, however, is probably going to be less consistent than hitting 2+ targets with Valor, generally speaking. That's just the nature of snowball effects. Depending on positioning and comp though, Valor multihits can also be inconsistent.

They're both kinda inconsistent tbh.

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by The_black_of_sin View Post
    I said avoid not dodge. You even went on to explain how to avoid it. You forgot to add simply staying out of hook range.

Not hard to believe people flank. It hard to believe 80% of the time 3 people are flanking alone especially in higher elo

Unless my memory is wrong, you, Jenos, and Makoa were all near each other and I think And to was to unroll he flew over the building. That's being grouped up.

I can hit presence fine with a controller. It sounds like pc players just don't play well in casual.

We aren't close in elo but it sounds like you are fighting against more stupid enemies.

You would think in higher elo's that would be the case, be unfortunately it isn't. Staying out of range is an option for some champions as they're still effective in that range. Some champs not so much ( current lex & zhin immediately comes to mind ). Also depends on the map, some maps make it easier then others. Especially if you're tryna cap the point he's defending and are one of the unfortunate champs that have to be in range lol.

And im speaking of the match in general ( parts you didn't get to see ), we definitely didn't stay grouped up. Andro was only with us for that moment ( that's why he wasn't there to help with zhin that time ). I left off to dismount / hold them at spawn and we weren't together again until right at the end where they attempted to hold. The only people consistently grouped were jenos and makoa. So i mean, if you wanna count me being off and on near the tank then sure you can count that.

And i come across people who make.... questionable decisions mid match all the time lol. While slightly frustrating, you just get use to it and learn to laugh..... well i do anyway

Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Zhin and Lex are both flanks, no wonder why they are not good in ranged fights. They need to 1v1.
    Terminus Main.

Loadout:
    HM* II - Devestation I - Despoiler II - Necro Might IV - Wrecking Ball III

*Hulking Monstrosity

Member Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by IvJo View Post
    Zhin and Lex are both flanks, no wonder why they are not good in ranged fights. They need to 1v1.
    What's your point here?? I was simply giving examples of close range characters.

Member Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by noctred View Post
    A single video showing a couple of chain elims isn't nearly a large enough data set to be "proof" of anything. What you posted is basically the equivalent of somebody posting a video of them hitting 5 people w/ Valor and saying "yo look how realistic and easy it is to catch the entire team stacked".

Consistently and reliably chaining kills, particularly with streaks of 20+, typically means you're playing easy games against outclassed opponents. If you're playing games like that, it really doesn't matter what build you're running. You'd crush either way.

Chaining eliminations against a balanced and evenly matched team, however, is probably going to be less consistent than hitting 2+ targets with Valor, generally speaking. That's just the nature of snowball effects. Depending on positioning and comp though, Valor multihits can also be inconsistent.

They're both kinda inconsistent tbh.
    I'm just seeing this lol. What you want me to do, post a whole match lol. I was solely posting an example that it's not hard to do and that CC makes it stupid easy. My shadowplay is only set to 5 minutes and i'm not setting it any higher since i mainly use it for insta replay. It was supposed to be a demonstration not an entire match lol. You don't need a full match to see how to take advantage of CC.

I WISH i was constantly facing outclassed opponents lol. Playing against people like kusqt, vahh, and invocal is stressful lol

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    You don't need a full match to see how to take advantage of CC.
    You missed the point entirely.

idgaf about your matches. All I'm saying is posting a clip of chained elims and saying "look at how easy it is to make this combo work" is as useless as posting a clip of hitting two targets with Valor and saying "look at how easy it is to make this combo work". Both scenarios are equally anecdotal. Neither combo is 100% reliable or guaranteed.

Sometimes you're able to chain elims and snowball w/ Eminence and spammable Presence, sometimes you're not. Sometimes your targets line up for multihit Valors, sometimes they don't. You can influence the probability of chain elims w/ CC and whatever else. You can also influence the probability of multihit Valors with good positioning.

lol

Member Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by noctred View Post
    You missed the point entirely.

idgaf about your matches. All I'm saying is posting a clip of chained elims and saying "look at how easy it is to make this combo work" is as useless as posting a clip of hitting two targets with Valor and saying "look at how easy it is to make this combo work". Both scenarios are equally anecdotal. Neither combo is 100% reliable or guaranteed.

Sometimes you're able to chain elims and snowball w/ Eminence and spammable Presence, sometimes you're not. Sometimes your targets line up for multihit Valors, sometimes they don't. You can influence the probability of chain elims w/ CC and whatever else. You can also influence the probability of multihit Valors with good positioning.

lol
    Wait when did i say guaranteed? I've constantly said easier not guaranteed. I know it isn't guaranteed as you need to either hit two people with the presence ( which is sort of rare ) or get the elim ( which is wayy more common ).

Multi hit valors are also heavily reliant on enemy positioning that you have absolute zero control over. Getting a elim is a LOT more common then getting a multi hit valor. If you can claim you're getting more multihit valors then elims... there's a problem lol

Easier not guaranteed, huge difference

Member Count
    Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Wait when did i say guaranteed? I've constantly said easier not guaranteed. I know it isn't guaranteed as you need to either hit two people with the presence ( which is sort of rare ) or get the elim ( which is wayy more common ).

Multi hit valors are also heavily reliant on enemy positioning that you have absolute zero control over. Getting a elim is a LOT more common then getting a multi hit valor. If you can claim you're getting more multihit valors then elims... there's a problem lol

Easier not guaranteed, huge difference
    Are you even listening to yourself? You are saying getting a multi-hit with an aoe hitscan attack is less common than getting an elimination. Have the enemies you've faced really been this terrible? There's a problem if you can claim eliminations are more common that getting a multihit with valor. It seriously isn't hard.

Here is a guy using the grace reset loadout. He isn't even the best Lian player. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sshrz-7uKcw

Member Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by The_black_of_sin View Post
    Are you even listening to yourself? You are saying getting a multi-hit with an aoe hitscan attack is less common than getting an elimination. Have the enemies you've faced really been this terrible? There's a problem if you can claim eliminations are more common that getting a multihit with valor. It seriously isn't hard.

Here is a guy using the grace reset loadout. He isn't even the best Lian player. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sshrz-7uKcw
    Ooo boy, i don't know where to start with this video lol. I guess i'll start by pointing out this was a super low elo game, like the highest elo player was the fernando who had an elo of 1689 lol. You can get away with all SORTS of stupid stuff at that level most of the time, especially in a premade vs solo queuers lol. Yeah this guy was in a 3 man group. I knew something was up because he seemed to already know where people were half the time ( so focused on keeping track of multi hit valors i didnt notice the green names ). Usually people playing in premade groups are talking, and its pretty evident from some of his actions they were talking. That's a HUGE advantage. Unless you wanna claim he was cheating... but i have my doubts about that lol.

First match he got 5 multi hits with valor and 22 eliminations. You'd think he get more then that considering how clumped the team was and the map

Second match,16:13 was nice... but it was only the SECOND time he got the reset combo in both matches. The first time was in the first match but nothing happened with it. 9 multi hits and 22 elims, and that was WITH the enemies constantly grouping up. They practically got in a line for him when he got that team wipe lol ( if THAT didn't scream low level game )

Considering he really only got to take advantage of the combo for the build one time and that was with best case scenario AND he was in a group. I'm not impressed

Edit: I should specify im not impressed with the grace valor grace combo. Alacrity was nice
    Last edited by dbzlucky77; 09-13-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Member Count
    Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Ooo boy, i don't know where to start with this video lol. I guess i'll start by pointing out this was a super low elo game, like the highest elo player was the fernando who had an elo of 1689 lol. You can get away with all SORTS of stupid stuff at that level most of the time, especially in a premade vs solo queuers lol. Yeah this guy was in a 3 man group. I knew something was up because he seemed to already know where people were half the time ( so focused on keeping track of multi hit valors i didnt notice the green names ). Usually people playing in premade groups are talking, and its pretty evident from some of his actions they were talking. That's a HUGE advantage. Unless you wanna claim he was cheating... but i have my doubts about that lol.

First match he got 5 multi hits with valor and 22 eliminations. You'd think he get more then that considering how clumped the team was and the map

Second match,16:13 was nice... but it was only the SECOND time he got the reset combo in both matches. The first time was in the first match but nothing happened with it. 9 multi hits and 22 elims, and that was WITH the enemies constantly grouping up. They practically got in a line for him when he got that team wipe lol ( if THAT didn't scream low level game )

Considering he really only got to take advantage of the combo for the build one time and that was with best case scenario AND he was in a group. I'm not impressed

Edit: I should specify im not impressed with the grace valor grace combo. Alacrity was nice
    lol So now you are the one complaining about teamwork?

Also, as if your video showed any skillful play by the enemy team

Lastly, I saw more grace reset in his video than I saw in yours so if you are disappointed with this video, why do you think your video means anything?