Thread: Without reporting functions, this game will never shine

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3

Without reporting functions, this game will never shine

LoL was damn right about that at least. People need reporting functions in a team-based competitive game.

Some (most) of us play solo or with one or two friends.

Losing game after game with excellent statistics because a player trolled the game with a Kinessa, a Maeve, a Sha-Lin or anything else he had NO CLUE how to play, is ruining the experience of the ranked game for the vast majority of decent players out there, really.

LoL allowed you to report people for trolling, feeding or being blatantly unskilled and I surmise that their robot admin took action only when a certain amount of reports had been sent.

This makes sense and is NECESSARY.

During the past few days I have met a few players who actually lost the games for their teams EACH AND EVERY TIME, taking strange picks, not trying to build a balanced team and playin extremely bad.

Great when they are against you, horrible when they are in your team. Fact is I'm generally unlucky at games of luck. I don't resent it: made me love games with LESS luck.

Quite a number of times I could tell MY team: "well we've won: this guy is taking Kinessa for the opposing team it's a 4vs5 match" or "well, it's a lost game, this guy takes Sha-Lin".

And each and everytime I was right.

But this DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT !

At some point those people (who are a minority) SHOULD be reminded that when playing a ranked game, some respect has to be shown to other players and NO you can't take that character you have never ever played before because "ooooo, shiny!" and with all the 9, 10, 11 years old there are in Paladin, this can be only achieved through a reporting>punishment system that will TEACH them respect.

Especially when there's the option of playing CASUAL games when you want to discover a new character.

By the way, stopping the "level 4 minimum to be able to play a character in ranked" was a tremendous mistake in a community that has a lot of young members.
    New generations are famous for lacking the most basic of respect and thinking they rock even when all evidence show they suck. I should know, I'm a teacher in junior high school...

Sorry for typos, my internet only corrects French)
    Last edited by ASHIRAH-; 09-11-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    You are so right. I played so many games where player spamed "good luck", "bye" and than just trolled in the base or been afk. Thats horrible. I can't do anything and the Troll gets maybe a 5 minute disability. You have to change this on console!

Member Recruit
    Level
    They have a choice: either they allow a certain amount of regulation to enter the ranked games or they'll go the same way Overwatch went. think Overwatch can ever become a real competitive game? Think again. It's rotten from the inside out by toxic players.
    You need to be LUCKY to go up the ranking, not skilled really.

You can't have the best of both world: you can't be 100% casual-noobs friendly (no reporting, no bans) AND be a REAL competitive game.

At the moment Paladins is more frustrating than funny. I'll move on to somethig else.

It got so MUCH worse when they stopped applying the level four limit to pick in ranked.
    You now see people playing heroes they don't even KNOW in ranked games? Is that even remotely engaging? Nope, not at all.
    Or maybe as funny as watching a level 1 Kinessa, Maeve or Sha Lin spam the "bye" ping instead of aiming...
    Last edited by ASHIRAH-; 09-11-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Yeah applying a level cap again would be help even a little bit.
    But maybe start it at level 6 or higher.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by atour180 View Post
    Yeah applying a level cap again would be help even a little bit.
    But maybe start it at level 6 or higher.
    Indeed it would help a little bit.
    I've met really great people on Paladins. But I really can't understand the level of toxicity of other people. Just to day I had a game with a Zhin level 1 and a Lian level 1. Of course we lost, how could it have been otherwise?

I think that the fact the game is free to play also helps attracting (among other people) the WRONG kind of players: young kids who can't afford to buy games, teenagers with lower education etc. This are the kind oif player that will NEVER EVER beahev decently WITHOUT punishement.? I Work with THAT kind of young people and I can tell you that much: without the fear of punishment we would have murder on a daily basis where I work.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    My 2 ranked games of yesterday evening.
    1) last pick Skye then go afk
    2) troll pick Seris (I was already Jenos) when we had no DD.
    I am so angry, I'm thinking to change game. It is impossible. I keep getting most dmg/elim/streak/healing/whatever, but then I loose, so my score goes down.
    And they all know nothing bad is going to happen, so they keep trolling.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Level
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Couldn't agree more with you guys.
    This shit really needs to stop, I quit Ranked shitty system for good, was gonna keep losing till I reach Bronze, but no I now play Casual only, at least if you lose it's not that big of a deal, and you guys should do the same until they fix the damn thing, it's really bad and getting worse and worse everyday!

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Tagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ASHIRAH- View Post
    Losing game after game with excellent statistics because a player trolled the game with a Kinessa, a Maeve, a Sha-Lin or anything else he had NO CLUE how to play, is ruining the experience of the ranked game for the vast majority of decent players out there, really.
    I agree, having a report function as part of the game would be nice. Currently, the only option is to record the incident and include it as an attachment when sending in a support ticket. A bit tedious or clumsy, to be sure, but it also cuts down on submitting false and time consuming wasted report from players who are just upset because they lost a game to an inexperienced or better player.

Trolling a game with the intention to ruin it is reportable but can be difficult to prove. Unless a player says something indicating he/she is trolling, or there have been repeated reports of that bad behavior, such reports may just indicate bad sportsmanship on the part of the person(s) submitting the report.

Just because a person a person is inexperienced or happes to be a bad player, as most of us had been at one time, is not reason enough to report them and hope Moderation will punish them. That is not what a report function is for.

Lastly, accidental reports happen, but to knowingly or repeatedly send in false reports is also punishable.

Summation: Having a report function in game would be convenient, but reporting someone for inexperience or poor playing skills is not a reason to report anyone. Many of us were bad players before we became better ones.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 26
    As a player in the competitive scene, I definitely agree. I am so tired of not being able to report people for troll picking in ranked queue because "I just wanna shoot stuff" and they apparently think they shouldn't keep that in the Casual queues. I wanna be able to punish people that punish me with their selfish decisions.

And trust me, I am a Flex and plays every role, so I always pick what is needed. So how can it be my fault for getting all the way to Diamond I only to get on a losing spree (some are my bad, others are trollpicks) and get down to Diamond III. It is simply not enjoyable to play a game where everyone can sabotage freely without getting punished for it.
    CEO, Caster and PS4 Paladins Team Captain for BrutalFissure esports