Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cauterize Must Be Nerfed Immediately

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points

Cauterize Must Be Nerfed Immediately

Playing support is stressful as is. It's way worse when you see the whole enemy team have level 3 Cauterize. I don't know who thought %90 reduced healing is balanced, or why it hasn't been nerfed already. It's as if no one finds it ridiculous. %90 percent reduced healing, even for 1.5 seconds, is enough to murder most champions with ease. In addition, it renders most support champions obsolete.

Here's a scenario that I commonly come across in casual: a team with no support champions vs. a team with a support champion. These type of matches end up with the former team winning most of the time. In these encounters, the first team always pick cauterize, which, by the end of the first round, makes the game a 5v4. The second team, on the other hand, cannot completely reduce the damage of their opponent. I know Haven and Blast Shield exist. But, as you can see, you have one option: to reduce direct damage, or blast damage. Moreover, %21 damage reduction is nowhere near %90 reduced healing. Thus, damage champions don't get nullified by haven or blast shield. And even if they were to get nullified, it can only happen to one type, not all.

I love playing support. But the presence of cauterize is a big "screw you" for trying to be the player that holds the team, and keeps them alive.

I don't know what to suggest for a nerf, nor do I care how it is nerfed. The most important thing is that it does get nerfed, and sooner rather than later.
    My Favourite Champions:

Front Line: Ash, Inara
    Damage: -
    Support: Seris, Ying
    Flank: Evie, My Dearest Love

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Imagine the rage from people maining champions with aoe damage if Blast Shields gave similar % protection, or even half the % of Cauterize...

And no, support won't be too powerful if cauterize got nerfed to 75%. It would still be, by far, the best item in the game.
    Or better yet, make it so Rejuvenate actually counters Cauterize % for %, instead of the weird way it works now.
    I always play medic in games, and work as one in life.

Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Cauterize is a necessity without it high heal rate supports like Seris would be too OP. People would stack 2 tanks 2 Supports for unkillable teams that could easily camp the objective & win.

Flankers are already bad,Against better Supports Cauterize is a must have.Nerf it & you would make flankers even more useless.

Most Supports are flexible, stop playing them like pure heal bots & try to do more damage or flanking when you see too much cauterize.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSpyChecker View Post
    Cauterize is a necessity without it high heal rate supports like Seris would be too OP. People would stack 2 tanks 2 Supports for unkillable teams that could easily camp the objective & win.

Flankers are already bad,Against better Supports Cauterize is a must have.Nerf it & you would make flankers even more useless.

Most Supports are flexible, stop playing them like pure heal bots & try to do more damage or flanking when you see too much cauterize.
    No, 90% is so much that healing have no effect. What most people ask for is a 15% cut, down to 75%. This will make healing at least have some effect. It is simply too good at 90%.
    Imagine if a item gave 90% of "anything els"e on every single shot, including aoe damage: 90% less movement, 90% less damage, 90%more damage, 90% cripple, 90% higher or slower rate of fire...

The only reason not to get it, is if the enemy team got alot of shielding champions. People even get it when the enemy team don't have any support characters, it simply is that good!

Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibee View Post
    The only reason not to get it, is if the enemy team got alot of shielding champions. People even get it when the enemy team don't have any support characters, it simply is that good!
    Its not that its too good but that even some healing can change the results of many fights easily. Seris just has to press 1 button to completely change a fair fight.

90% Cauterize doesnt make Supports useless because they arent champs just with heal ability. Supports are the most well rounded class in the game, they can do good damage have decent mobility can fill almost any role. People playing them like Pure medic healers are the problem.

I wouldnt mind 90% being reduced to 70 or even lower if the base heal rates are nerfed but seems like HiRez wants Healing to be very strong early game but be mostly useless late game.

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    seems like HiRez wants Healing to be very strong early game but be mostly useless late game.
    That's exactly my problem with Cauterize. It makes you think twice before playing support.
    My Favourite Champions:

Front Line: Ash, Inara
    Damage: -
    Support: Seris, Ying
    Flank: Evie, My Dearest Love

Level
    Achievements:
    Its not that its too good but that even some healing can change the results of many fights easily. Seris just has to press 1 button to completely change a fair fight.
    Not really. If the fight is close, then healing cut by 90% will never help more than if you shoot instead.
    Cut cauterize, so that it is a actually choice whether to heal or fight as a support character. Now it is almost always better to fight than to heal. Healing becomes secondary, something you do after the fight, or to a champion running away from the fight.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    "The enemy team having all level 3 cauterize is not an excuse for not healing us!" -Frontline when I'm playing support

However suggesting a nerf often results in "but then supports would be OP and 5 support meta"

My idea for a semi-nerf:

New game mechanic: Everyone who is in combat passively receives 20% less healing from all sources

Cauterize: Now reduces healing by 20%/40%/60% for 1.5s, stacking with the new game mechanic.

This gives everyone a 20% passive cauterize, so they won't rely on it as much. And if they choose to increase it with item upgrades, it will only go as far as 80%. Twice as much healing gets through compared to 90%

Member Sovereign Prince Peinzius's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Achievements:
    If cauterize made healers obsolete, they wouldn't be picked. Healers are a must pick. They are still needed. Therefore cauterize ain't OP.
    "Let me get a nut on your feet at least"

Soundtrack of the week:

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

#BALANCEPCANDCONSOLESEPARATELY

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester

90% Cauterize doesnt make Supports useless because they arent champs just with heal ability. Supports are the most well rounded class in the game, they can do good damage have decent mobility can fill almost any role. People playing them like Pure medic healers are the problem.

I wouldnt mind 90% being reduced to 70 or even lower if the base heal rates are nerfed but seems like HiRez wants Healing to be very strong early game but be mostly useless late game.
    Maybe that would be solved by nerfing the healing of all supports by, say 30% AND also Nerfing cauterize: 20% 40% 60% but increased duration, 2 or 2.5 maybe.

That way healing wouldn't be so strong early game and not so weak by late game.