Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: New Maeve

  1. #11
    Member Sovereign Prince Rauyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,286
    Level
    65
    Points: 9,439, Level: 65
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by emrahkutuk786 View Post
    Things like this get me worried, it's us mains who take the challenge of playing her because of how hard she is to use and we succeed, that's what makes us unique. If anyone can play her now, that would make us average (please note that I meant average in a good way lol)

    I really can't back that statement though since I haven't tried the buff yet so idk what it's like but as soon as I do, I'll be able to make my decision on it.

    As for the thread itself, specifically the skin...I LOVE IT, I MEAN...WHICH MAEVE MAIN WOULDN'T
    You don't need to compensate for anything when using her daggers now. So, all that training of adjusting to her daggers and learning their timing is now useless..so now some random person can play Maeve and consistently hit her daggers with proper aim which seperated a lot of people from being able to play Maeve to not being able to.

  2. #12
    Member Sovereign Prince
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Fiore
    Posts
    1,301
    Level
    61
    Points: 8,409, Level: 61
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauyne View Post
    You don't need to compensate for anything when using her daggers now. So, all that training of adjusting to her daggers and learning their timing is now useless..so now some random person can play Maeve and consistently hit her daggers with proper aim which seperated a lot of people from being able to play Maeve to not being able to.
    My response

    This just increases competition now if I play casual and there's an enemy Maeve, I would hope my decision making skills can save me from them.
    Last edited by emrahkutuk786; 09-08-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    Currently at mastery 21 with Maeve and growing...(Mastery 21 before OB 58)
    #of Blades
    eveaR eveaM is lit !...and I own it, but I still want the Dreamhack skin
    Kill Compilations/ Life in Paladins: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5
    I also go by the alias 'ProjectEC97'

  3. #13
    Member Knight eLunatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    74
    Level
    8
    Points: 402, Level: 8
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by emrahkutuk786 View Post
    Things like this get me worried, it's us mains who take the challenge of playing her because of how hard she is to use and we succeed, that's what makes us unique. If anyone can play her now, that would make us average (please note that I meant average in a good way lol)

    I really can't back that statement though since I haven't tried the buff yet so idk what it's like but as soon as I do, I'll be able to make my decision on it.

    As for the thread itself, specifically the skin...I LOVE IT, I MEAN...WHICH MAEVE MAIN WOULDN'T
    Look. I 've been playin all day Maeve today. And I think even I main her, she kinda needed these changes. She is more viable now even for high ELO competitive because her daggers don't need that much time to land anymore. The only thing I think we didn't need, is the bigger hitbox. THAT is what makes her easy to anyone. I totally understand your anguish about making her easier to most ppl, but when you see a good (probably main) Maeve, you can tell the difference.
    Slice it, dice it, flank it, tank it, cap it, push it, now let's play it!


  4. #14
    Member Knight eLunatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    74
    Level
    8
    Points: 402, Level: 8
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered
    I think every change that's been made is essential. Everything except the hitbox. THAT is what should bother you. I mean, those changes are making Maeve more viable even for high ELO competitive now. But as for the uniqueness you mention about, well, its easier to play Maeve now after those changes and especially making the hitbox bigger, but you eventually distinguish a good player from a casual one.
    Before this patch, I was calculating way too much my daggers in high distance, and it was so easy for my enemy to avoid them. Now from mid range, they reach the target much faster so that helps alot in many situations. Though I have to admit that making the hitbox bigger wasn't necessary.
    Slice it, dice it, flank it, tank it, cap it, push it, now let's play it!


  5. #15
    Member Duke EinMeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Rest in peace my Master Maeve, nr 62 in the leaderboard. Same with all my lost diamonds
    Posts
    1,563
    Level
    100
    Points: 45,522, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 3 months registered 25000 Experience Points
    I'm (also) a Maeve main and i'm glad she got a buff and i will finally hit both knifes.
    Just need to get used to the speed...
    Flanker with Maeve
    Steam Account
    Unofficial forum discord server
    I'm NOT german! Stop asking!


    I will remember my Master Maeve all my life.

  6. #16
    Member Duke EinMeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Rest in peace my Master Maeve, nr 62 in the leaderboard. Same with all my lost diamonds
    Posts
    1,563
    Level
    100
    Points: 45,522, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 3 months registered 25000 Experience Points
    Bumping with pic
    Flanker with Maeve
    Steam Account
    Unofficial forum discord server
    I'm NOT german! Stop asking!


    I will remember my Master Maeve all my life.

  7. #17
    Member Sovereign Prince
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Fiore
    Posts
    1,301
    Level
    61
    Points: 8,409, Level: 61
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Overdrive
    Since I only saw the last few posts now, Ima respond...

    Quote Originally Posted by eLunatic View Post
    Look. I 've been playin all day Maeve today. And I think even I main her, she kinda needed these changes. She is more viable now even for high ELO competitive because her daggers don't need that much time to land anymore. The only thing I think we didn't need, is the bigger hitbox. THAT is what makes her easy to anyone. I totally understand your anguish about making her easier to most ppl, but when you see a good (probably main) Maeve, you can tell the difference.
    Firstly, it's not that I disagree with the entire buff itself...it just worries me that she became easy to play with hence a lot of ppl being able to play with her, but if it's possible to distinguish the mains from the casual players like you said, then I guess I shouldn't be worried about nothing at all...and like I said, I haven't tried her yet since it releases next week on PS4 so I'll be able to experience what it's like next week. I mean it's true that it is a good thing for her to get these buffs, I miss a lot of my shots as proven in my videos so having the daggers travel faster is a good thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by EinMeister View Post
    Bumping with pic
    As for that awesome artwork...love it !!
    Currently at mastery 21 with Maeve and growing...(Mastery 21 before OB 58)
    #of Blades
    eveaR eveaM is lit !...and I own it, but I still want the Dreamhack skin
    Kill Compilations/ Life in Paladins: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5
    I also go by the alias 'ProjectEC97'

  8. #18
    Member Baron CrazyLasagna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Chinatown
    Posts
    212
    Level
    19
    Points: 1,281, Level: 19
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by eLunatic View Post
    I think every change that's been made is essential. Everything except the hitbox. THAT is what should bother you. I mean, those changes are making Maeve more viable even for high ELO competitive now. But as for the uniqueness you mention about, well, its easier to play Maeve now after those changes and especially making the hitbox bigger, but you eventually distinguish a good player from a casual one.
    Before this patch, I was calculating way too much my daggers in high distance, and it was so easy for my enemy to avoid them. Now from mid range, they reach the target much faster so that helps alot in many situations. Though I have to admit that making the hitbox bigger wasn't necessary.
    Yeah I don't think anybody understands why the projectile size increase was added.

  9. #19
    I am new to this game and maeve is so frustrating. I already am not used to how slow the characters are and now this pink thing jumps around and kills people with no aim required. I understand heroes like Torvald and Fernando that don't need aim however maeve has cool-downs that 1) give her health 2) reset high mobility abilities. In addition she doesn't even need to reload. The result is what we have now, one person who is getting high leveled with maeve because she is now over tuned. It is really frustrating to play every game knowing a maeve is going to flank you. I just stopped playing support because I already know I am going to die. In a casual match I loaded onto maeve and instantly rekd with her. What surprised me was just how little aim you needed to hit your knives, and the fact I could out maneuver anyone with nimble+prowl made it impossible for them to kill me.

    TLDR; Maeve is over-tuned, incredibly annoying to play against.

  10. #20
    Member Sovereign Prince Arkenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The "Realm"
    Posts
    1,218
    Level
    93
    Points: 22,962, Level: 93
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyHistorian View Post
    this pink thing jumps around and kills people with no aim required.
    You're new around here so I'll just correct that and say, Maeve requires THE most perfect aim to play well. I can think of no other champ (except maybe Sha Lin) who requires that sort of skill with aiming. Maeve is also one of the hardest champs to play and even harder to master.

    So if you managed to play well with her, she just suits your style.. keep playing her and see how you fare after more matches with more skilled enemies

    I will agree though, a well played Maeve is very annoying But she is in no way "over-tuned".. infact she's been at the bottom of the meta for quite a while.. you just haven't played enough games to know. You'll see
    Last edited by Arkenstar; 09-12-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •