Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Maeve

Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered

New Maeve

So I've played a couple games with Maeve...and I love her. So much. The new skin combined with her buffs make her SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY! Honestly I haven't had much problems dealing with her so far however I think she needs to have gravity scaling over distance so that she can't snipe (which she currently can) but it doesn't change close range. What do all you guys think?

Note: Yes, I realize that this is THE DAY OF THE PATCH. Idfc I still want to know what everyone else thinks of her SO FAR

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    She is my main and I absolutely love her , I just have to get used to the new daggers

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    Only played one game with her so far since the buff - and I love it too!

She definately has more range, but I wouldn't say she can "snipe", because you can easily sidestep her daggers at longer ranges.
    I don't like play in/against double FL teams, so I'll stay an unranked scrub overlord forever

Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    So I've played a couple games with Maeve...and I love her. So much. The new skin combined with her buffs make her SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY! Honestly I haven't had much problems dealing with her so far however I think she needs to have gravity scaling over distance so that she can't snipe (which she currently can) but it doesn't change close range. What do all you guys think?

Note: Yes, I realize that this is THE DAY OF THE PATCH. Idfc I still want to know what everyone else thinks of her SO FAR
    I am also a main maeve and I think all changes are good enough and not OP except for the hit box. I believe we didn't need a bigger hitbox. But the rest of the changes are essential, otherwise she would still be way off competitive in high ELO.

Now let me be a little more specific about the so called sniping you say. She starts sniping when the daggers need more calculation than just shooting the target. So as long as you still need to calculate, then there's nothing wrong with that. I remember before patch, if I had to shoot some daggers to poke on the opposite building in LumberMill at the point, I had to make a curve like a moon to hit them. Now its more accurate and I love it.
    Slice it, dice it, flank it, tank it, cap it, push it, now let's play it!

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    While i do love me some maeve ( i mained her when she first came out ), i CURRENTLY feel like she's a bit too strong now. I wouldn't go screaming OP, especially this early into the new patch. But she seems easier to play now then when she first came out and wayy harder to deal with ( until you get caut 3 of course ). I would be far from surprised if they end up nerfing her again

Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by dbzlucky77 View Post
    While i do love me some maeve ( i mained her when she first came out ), i CURRENTLY feel like she's a bit too strong now. I wouldn't go screaming OP, especially this early into the new patch. But she seems easier to play now then when she first came out and wayy harder to deal with ( until you get caut 3 of course ). I would be far from surprised if they end up nerfing her again
    You know what? Lex is harder to deal with now. Zhin is even harder. That's life. <3
    Slice it, dice it, flank it, tank it, cap it, push it, now let's play it!

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by eLunatic View Post
    You know what? Lex is harder to deal with now. Zhin is even harder. That's life. <3
    Harder in general or harder then maeve? Because lex DEFINITELY isn't harder to deal with then maeve is lol. Zhin... zhin is a whole different beast lol

Banned Sovereign Prince xPurplexx's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    New Maeve actually seems to be really good. Haven't tried playing her yet, but from what I see she's much better than she was.

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 3 months registered
    I hate the new Maeve. They take what makes playing Maeve rewarding to being just another easy Champion to use.

Member Duke
    Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauyne View Post
    I hate the new Maeve. They take what makes playing Maeve rewarding to being just another easy Champion to use.
    Things like this get me worried, it's us mains who take the challenge of playing her because of how hard she is to use and we succeed, that's what makes us unique. If anyone can play her now, that would make us average (please note that I meant average in a good way lol)

I really can't back that statement though since I haven't tried the buff yet so idk what it's like but as soon as I do, I'll be able to make my decision on it.

As for the thread itself, specifically the skin...I LOVE IT, I MEAN...WHICH MAEVE MAIN WOULDN'T
    Currently at Mastery 23 with Maeve and growing...(Mastery 21 before OB 58)
    #of Blades
    I will always stand by this champion....
    Raeve + Dreamhack <3
    Kill Compilations/ Life in Paladins: YouTube Channel
    My personal Maeve guide
    Also known as 'ProjectEC97'