Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How Unprofessionalism will kill Paladins

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 911
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Great rant mate.. you've said pretty much everything I would've wanted to point out.

Although, I'm okay with the patch preview shenanigans because its part of the charm of being a non-AAA company. Sure, they have stuff not working sometimes, but most other games don't do demos in patch previews anyways. Other games just use predesigned promotional media, like posters, videos, etc. Since HiRez does live demos, its bound to be a little bit clunkier. And I don't really have much of an issue with it. Their patch previews are atleast entertaining compared to other games' patch previews I love the friendly atmosphere.

On the other hand, my biggest pet peeve is the esports scene. I posted in the other thread as well, that the esports situation is embarrassing beyond belief. I've followed a LOT of esports tournaments in the past. CSGO, Hearthstone, LoL, Dota 2, even Quake, back in the day. And NONE of those games have had so many technical problems in their stream. The Paladins game game/servers/stream goes down ATLEAST once every session, often more times. Yesterday in ESL Go4Paladins, the game went down FOUR times due to technical problems. That imho is just so irritating for a game I love.

Not to mention HiRez spends more time and money advertising the esports than it does advertising the game!! That is NOT how it works. That is NOT how it will succeed! You have to first make the game popular, so people WANT to participate in it professionally. Bribing skins for making esports streams popular is only gonna last for so long.

I know that the esports scene offers a lot of profit. But the game really is not ready to handle that kind of thing. Neither technically, nor popularity wise. And the whole unprofessionalism that Ozzy rambled about stems from this sole fact. THE GAME IS NOT READY. Its in beta BUT its not being treated like its in beta. Its being treated like its gone live.

What game has a whole patch dedicated almost ENTIRELY to cosmetics and a system geared towards selling cosmetics and fluff DURING beta?? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the skins. I love the work thats going into making those skins. BUT THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR IT! Leave the skins and cosmetics and everything for when the game is released and needs new things to look forward to.

Everything mentioned in the op would be fixed if they focused on the "beta" part of the game and towards taking it to full live release. THEN everything else will fall in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Every new patch, we all know, an almost broken champion is released, just for being nerfed in the following patch. Marketing strategy?
    I'm pretty sure thats exactly what they do. I joined the game when Seris was announced and I know its been the case with EVERY champ since then. The new champs are op so that people would have to buy them, spending more in the process. Once the champ price drops to regular, more often than not, the champ gets nerfed into balance.

Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Your usage of bb code broke the page.

HOW?
    HAX! Its a trap!
    Slice it, dice it, flank it, tank it, cap it, push it, now let's play it!

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CandySuxxx View Post
    The problem is that the test server is only up for a short time and even if its not unplayable there is barely any feedback. As Ozzy said its not actually used to test things and make adjustments before the patch goes live. A lot of champs have been overbuffed before (bomb king lag compensation, lifelike), and most of it could have been avoided if the pts was done properly.
    In the previous patch, the "perma cauterize" applied by Fernando was correctly reported, but HiRez didn't noticed till the release. I remember this, because a user, here, said "This is the link to my feedback in the correct PTS thread", so... :-/
    And this is just an example. Even when the feedback is done correctly, nothing happens. Then, in 2 hours, you have an hotfix (this to say that it would have taken 2 hours to get an hotfix also on PTS).
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Help Devs balancing the game! >>>Here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link

Arkesntar, clean your inbox!

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    I can agree with the tutorial point, when I started playing two weeks ago it didnt teach me anything and I really think hi-rez should improve that. I had NO clue on how ANYTHING ELSE WORKED and it wasnt until some of my friends helped me out that I got a grip on the game. But so far I havent noticed anything unusual but thats probably because I havent played for a long time.

But I like paladins so far tho
    MY NAME IS KAY BUT I CAN'T SAY THAT IM O'KAY

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Na, The game is not polished nor "Professional" but it doesn't need to be. The haters who said because of "Lower Quality" it will die soon were wrong as it has almost survived an year after steam release & very likely will continue to do so. More "Professional" devs would never release things like Plushy Makoa or Beach Lex. With more creativity,openness & not care too much attitude comes less polish & perfectionism which should be accepted but it doesnt matter as long as the game is fun,interesting.

You should probably play some other more "Professional" studio games if thats what you are looking for. For a game in beta with constant new updates & its complexity its surprisingly stable & mostly playable.
    Last edited by DaSpyChecker; 09-08-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 4 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Thanks for the comment guys. Glad people went to read this entire thread, even while it's busted in a visual standpoint. I still don't even know how I even BROKE it to begin with! Thanks again!

Well, except Daspychecker. I don't know if they even went past the first paragraph.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 4 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Bump to prove that the BB code can be broken, and to show more folks of the thread.

Member Sovereign Prince Hexadermia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    They're slowly fixing the first two problems. But I do agree that the tutorial and PTS is absolute trash. I can live with the PTS being there even if hotfixes take 2 days to come out, but the tutorial needs to be expanded to a general one that does its job instead of a "how to Viktor 101", especially when they're bringing old siege back.
    "You have made Fernando angrrie. I SHALL RENDER YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR SHOULDERS!!"
    Mains:
    Frontlines: Fernando (20), Terminus
    Healers: Seris, Grohk and Damba

Need help with Nando?

Comfort Picks:
    Damage: Tyra
    Flanks: Buck

Heading for Diamond I

Gold II > (500-ish tp later) Diamond V > IV > III > IV

#FreeTheNando! We shall not let his face be hidden behind a dumb mask

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Community Award
    This game will never die. It has a near infinite amount of new players as my methods of exploiting MM ALWAYS work.

I decided to invest time into this game forum and not others for a reason.
    Common abbreviations

OP = Overpowered or Original Poster
    UP = Underpowered
    MM = Matchmaking
    ST = Support Ticket
    OW = Overwatch
    HR/ Hirez/ HiRez/ Hi-Rez/ Hi-rez/ Hi Rez/ Hi rez = HiRez Studios
    TP = Triumph Points
    POTG = Play of the Game
    Dev(s) = Developer(s)
    /s = Sarcasm
    /10char = Ignore it.
    TTK = Time to kill.
    VM = Vertical mobility. (If VM limits a pro's potential, it completely annihilates any chance for a noob, I use this knowledge so I don't cry myself to bed every night :^) )

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 911
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOthell159 View Post
    This game will never die.
    Lol lets not jinx it.. as it is, its teetering on precarious ground.

I'm not saying it will fail, the game is well developed and fun. BUT the reason its so booming right now is because the genre is at its peak. Hero shooters are in their golden era atm. Same way mmos were in the mid to late 2000's.. And soaring in a market like this is easy.

But instead of taking it easy they should really be sinking their roots into the gamer base. If they don't make use of this momentum right now, once the hype of the genre runs to its inevitable end, it won't last much beyond. The need to get out of beta before that.

So if there's any time to get "professional" (atleast in the developmental sense) its now..