Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: How Unprofessionalism will kill Paladins

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 4 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluipschutter View Post
    Are you seriously crying over a Ying nurse skin wow just wow

This guy didn't even get passed the 1st paragraph. Maybe I should put a TL;DR somewhere.
    I'm gonna get banned again, am I?

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    I think the problem is that the majority of players never really bothered to learn the game, they just want to be entertained. It doesn't matter how the tutorial is presented when the player controlling the champ only understands POINT CLICK AND KILL.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    No problem at all, if those players would not put in my team by dreadful MM.
    Oh, wait!

So, we HAVE to teach those players how to be decent at the game. I still think there should be different queues: one for "hobby players", to learn, train and no elo involved. One for "serious players", to play some casuals with people who actually know you win by capturing.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

They read it! >>>here<<<

MM community questions are here! >>>here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    The only problem I have is that having such in depth tutorials will always lag behind the meta. And while I personally hate how closely people may follow the meta, especially when they ask someone to play a champion they are level 2 on vs their level 25 alternative because "it's meta", there will certainly be a problem where advanced (and maybe even intermediate) tutorials will not be particularly helpful except for some generic facts and tips that someone would have learned anyway. For all we know, we may start to see a meta that centers entirely around snipers, and suddenly most of the worthwhile tips we have now will be completely misinformed for the "protect our sniper at all costs" meta.

That said the theoretical construct from Ozzy sounds snazzy. Maybe HiRez would have to let the community maintain it though.
    Grover isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a support with such high mobility and damage? Grover puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a champion as good as him. Jenos gets top healing. Mal Damba impacts teamfights. Grover breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

It had to be said.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 4 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Bumping for relevancy. Especially after OB 61's 4 hotfixes rollercoaster.
    I'm gonna get banned again, am I?

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    I do agree their youtube videos are overly long. Woooooow look at that skin.....woooooow look at that recolor woooooow....seriously shut up and get to the shit we actually want to see.

They make hour long videos that could be squeezed in to less than 15 minutes.

I also agree they are amateurs when it comes to video making. They really make watching the patch previews a chore. So much so its just better to wait for it to end and wait for a community youtuber to give out a 7 minute summary.
    Last edited by Medenji; 10-28-2017 at 09:56 PM.

HiRez HQ, watching them burn it down with lemons.
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluipschutter View Post
    Are you seriously crying over a Ying nurse skin wow just wow
    No, he's just fishing for shitheads and landed a huge one.
    First Knight of she who strides across a smoking battlefield, grim of countenance and spattered with gore: Ash, The War Machine Valkure, The Warrior Queen!

Valkure, please join the forums Discord, we need you!