Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The unknown Sub-Classes of Paladins and team compositions

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SocraticPhoenix View Post
    I also want to note that there is another way you could split up supports: burst supports and sustain supports. Seris, Pip, and Mal'Damba (if he lands both heals on one target), are burst healers; they heal for a huge amount over a short period of time, and are very powerful early game. They also tend to have difficulty healing an entire team. Sustain supports (Mal'Damba, Ying, Jenos, Grover, Grohk) have much less heals per second, but their healing lasts for much longer and can target many allies at once. Burst healers can save a solo tank facing three enemies (with no cauterize), but sustain healers can give the entire team a bit of an edge in a fight. Also note that Ying / Mal'Damba / Jenos all have LCs that add some burst healing to there kit, and Grover has a burst ability. Meanwhile, Seris has an LC that makes her play more like a sustain, and pip has cool down reduction and range increases that can help him build more like a sustain...
    You say it yourself. The difference is not that clear. Grover can do a burst heal of 1060 with the right legendary. So depending if I take a 1, 3 or 5 seconds burst, different healers are burst healer. Grohk can do over 700 on tanks, while Pip on a 3 seconds burst has 800.

One could also split the healers up into direct healer and area healer. Grohk, Grover and Pip are area heals while Seris, Jenos and Ying aim their heals at a certain person and Mal'damba does both.

Since the sub-classes in this threads in my opion are more like play styles, I would split between tank-heals, which mostly heal tanks and group-heals which heal the whole group.

Beta Player Knight WarMachineOfTheAbyss's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Idk if said but... Buck is a harasser not a assassin

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Nice! I really like this guide, and I only just found it, despite looking for something like this for a while now!

There are only two things I wish to nitpick about here:

1) I think 'Split-Healer' should be swapped to 'Off-Support/Healer', as more people I've met seem to know what that means over 'Split-Healer'. 'Split-Healer' just seems to imply that they operate a bit better when the team splits up into more than one or two units. (and we all know Grohk isn't healing much under those circumstances anytime soon)

2) I also feel Maeve should kinda be on both categories for flank; (Assassin and Harasser) since when the enemy team split up, she's more like an assassin, (especially against supports (typically when they're alone) and snipers) but when the enemy team group up, she's more like a harasser. (hence I'm not too bothered by her placement here) All this seemingly regardless of her legendary card. (Which I assume isn't taken into account in this guide, as it's all set in a vacuum)

Beta Player Baron SocraticPhoenix's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePugThug View Post
    Nice! I really like this guide, and I only just found it, despite looking for something like this for a while now!

There are only two things I wish to nitpick about here:

1) I think 'Split-Healer' should be swapped to 'Off-Support/Healer', as more people I've met seem to know what that means over 'Split-Healer'. 'Split-Healer' just seems to imply that they operate a bit better when the team splits up into more than one or two units. (and we all know Grohk isn't healing much under those circumstances anytime soon)

2) I also feel Maeve should kinda be on both categories for flank; (Assassin and Harasser) since when the enemy team split up, she's more like an assassin, (especially against supports (typically when they're alone) and snipers) but when the enemy team group up, she's more like a harasser. (hence I'm not too bothered by her placement here) All this seemingly regardless of her legendary card. (Which I assume isn't taken into account in this guide, as it's all set in a vacuum)
    Agreed on both points. Imo Maeve is extremely good in any 1v1, but any pressure on her forces her to retreat.

Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaydude2010 View Post
    Amazing post i am kinda new to the game and this is very helpful.
    You are a closed beta tester

Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Wow, thanks for the info. Have played mobas like Paladins and other but didn’t realize about this sub-classes. Now I can be more expert on the game and organise better ranked matches.

Beta Player Marquess CrazyLasagna's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Lol took two months for someone to post again. Weird considering just how useful this thread is.

THEY NERFED LEX

#BestUpdateEVER

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    31 days registered
    Sha Lin is technically a sniper because of the massive burst damage he can make from a long distance.
    Not trying to be mean or aggressive, it's just something that has been seen a lot.

Beta Player Marquess Evanstanislass's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    can we revive this thread. It's sticky though and this post is relevant. So it's not necro
    I make Champion Concept. All of my champion concepts are in HERE

Add me Evanstanislass on PS4

My Youtube Channel can be found in here

Need help?

My Current Discussion:
    Best Time to play Paladins?
    Cross play in Paladins
    About Necro

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Still waiting on Moji, and there needs to be an update for Khan and Furia as well.....