Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Why VIP system is BAD

Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I just don't really understand why we need a new currency. Why not just put these skins in for Crystals? Or convert the Crystal system into more of a VIP system? I just don't get it when games keep adding new currencies for everything.

You just need 2 currencies: a free, earned currency, and a cash currency. That's all a game ever needs. Putting in new currencies only for specific purchases is just confusing.

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    The fact is, that everything that the VIP points offer could just as easily been added to the already existing crystal system.

Sure it might take a little tweaking here and there (add a couple 0's to the end of all the crystal values so they can dole them out in small quantities for winning a match, for example), but it would have been cleaner and simpler than starting a whole new currency system.

So why did they create a new currency system instead? Because they want people who have already invested in crystals to have to invest again...

It's a scummy tactic.

Yes, it's just cosmetics, so it isn't game breaking, but it is trust breaking.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger First Class Forum Tier 4 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points
    I decided to compile all my complaints of this from my Patch Preview to here. So I can give my mind about it.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyOzzy, back when he had his virginity
    My biggest question was why in the ever loving FUCK, they put a currency that is pretty much crystals but better?

I GUESS you can earn them overtime, but so can crystals with the daily logins. What is the point?

Crystals were the go-to thing of getting any and all skins in the game, why fuck all that up with a 4TH CURRENCY that does it faster???????

Here's my biggest worry of the VIP currency; it'll slowly dominate the crystal currency.

Currently the Maeve and Zhin skins of OB58 are locked behind this VIP. What will stop them from doing the same to any skins in the future?

OR they can now charge crystal things HIGHER than they're usually priced, so that its to make the VIP currency seem more enlightening to purchase. You see, the VIP currency would be unneccessary if the crystal things are still charged the same price as they are now. Like Epic skins will now cost 600 instead of the usual 400. BUT HEY! NOW WITH THE VIP CURRENCY, YOU CAN GET THE SKIN FOR A 300 CRYSTAL EQUIVALANT VALUE.

I hope everything i said of the VIP thing is bullshit, since i've forgotten about the VIP thing apparently gives "Esport Voting." You also grind it overtime, but so can crystals.....

Another worry: how fucking convoluted would it be for new players?

New player: 4 different currencies???? Which one does what? Crystals are for skins... Gold is also for skins, and i think chests and stuff.... Essence? Is that like for cards? Wait, dafuq is VIP?

Why add complexity?

Remember that this game is in Beta, meaning that it will be released eventually. And when that day comes, reviewers will be coming in out of the woodworks inspecting Paladins. And that 4 currency bullshit will DEFINITELY be shit upon for merely existing! And i can't blame them!

VIP isn't going to destroy Paladins just from existing. But if the developers don't handle this thing properly, it will do so eventually.

I hate being cynical. It makes ideas like this come to mind. And the sad thing is this can possibly happen.
    EVERYTHING AFTER OB 50 SUCKS. Except 52, 55, and 56. I KNEW YOU WELL, TORVALD...
    My opinion on champion switching, godammit.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyOzzy, about buffing Skye
    In short, Skye's butt needs more veritcal movement, but less damage capability.
    Strong advocator for Ying in a Nurse outfit.
    ~PALADOODLES~
    My Fan-art thread! (SFM EDITION RELEASED)

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    I just love the Skin coming with the VIP Pack. That's probably the only time I visit the VIP Store.
    IvJo
    Master of Spam

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I like the idea to reward dedicated players but the grind is so harsh that makes the VIP program look like a cashgrab. ~5 months of ~10games per day even for the top reward is too much, 3 months would be more reasonable.
    Last edited by GeSteYiam; 09-04-2017 at 03:40 AM.

RIP
    Skill based Evie
    -Cause of death-
    Hirez removed her blink bonus damage and buffed her projectile speed
    My champion concert the pirate king

Member Sovereign Prince Arkenstar's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Okay I have a new concern about this though..

Are these skins in the VIP store available for limited time? or will they just keep adding skins to the existing list? Coz that is gonna pile up over time..

And if they ARE time limited.. then this is really bad news because purely through grinding, its gonna take atleast 3-4 months to get the Raeve Maeve skin..

Even if theyre permanent, I hope that new items added to the VIP store are slow.. like one new item on there every 4 patches or something. Otherwise there'll be no catching up to it. By the time say I get Maeve, there'll be 2-3 new skins we'll want to aim for and by the time I get to those, there'll be even more.. it'll be hopeless.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    My personal thoughts.
    1) as essence system has been deep changed after all youtubers and pros got angry, I think also this VIP thing would follow the same rules. So, wait before buying the pack
    2) many (here I am) are suggesting (with stats at hands) that there is a forced W/L of 50% imposed putting newbies in your team, if you're on a winning streak. This could have huge consequences on VIP points. Since HiRez is not publicly showing the MM algorith and elo points at the base of it, how can I know I am not forced in lower win rate, just to avoid me to get those skins for free? You can understand we are speaking or real money here, so I MUST be able to check if the system is equal.

I know that HiRez is there for gaining money. I've also bought founder's pack and crystals (more than once). But I don't like at all this idea. You just have to put a price under a skin. You want new Maeve? 500 crystals. This is ok, this is honest and clear. Strange points with strange boosters is not.

Quote Originally Posted by OlhaSo View Post
    VIP price of epic skins is 270 crystals (or 210 if you already have membership).
    I haven't understood. I thought I had to buy it with VIP points, not crystal. Or I have BOTH to buy VIP membership and then still pay with cyrstals? I hope no. This really would be absurd.

Are those VIP skins be available to normal purchase, after a while?
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Member Sovereign Prince Arkenstar's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    I haven't understood. I thought I had to buy it with VIP points, not crystal. Or I have BOTH to buy VIP membership and then still pay with cyrstals? I hope no. This really would be absurd.

Are those VIP skins be available to normal purchase, after a while?
    When you buy the 14 day VIP membership with 200 crystals, you get 20k VIP points alongwith the membership. And while membership is active, you can straight up buy 10k VIP points with 70 crystals. So if you already have 270 crystals saved up, you can buy one of the 30k cost epic skins in the VIP store right away.

With 480 crystals, you can buy Raeve Maeve which costs 60k VP (200 crystals to get membership and 20k VP.... 70 crystals x 4 = 40k VP points.. total 60k VP points)

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Way too complicated not to hide something bad behind it. I think paranoid-Ozzy is right, there's something wrong in all of this.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I think this system is bad for grinding, but good if you want to invest money.