Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Why VIP system is BAD

Member Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Overdrive
    Let me just say that I don't really have a problem with the new system, not because of who I main but because it's not anything that comes in the way when playing.
    Currently at mastery 21 with Maeve and growing...(Mastery 21 before OB 58)
    #of Blades
    eveaR eveaM is lit !...and I own it, but I still want the Dreamhack skin
    Kill Compilations/ Life in Paladins: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5
    I also go by the alias 'ProjectEC97'

Member Sovereign Prince Arkenstar's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    I think for most of us, the VIP system is not bad AT THE MOMENT... but, I mean I speak for myself, my only problem with it is that direction it COULD take in the future.. which I hope it won't. There's nothing stopping them from increasing the price of items in the VIP store in future updates much like they increased the price of items costing gold and crystals. Or add items in there that affect core gameplay. So its a dangerous road.

If it stays the way it is, then I see no issue with it.

Btw to someone who quoted what other game allows players to grind for the rl money bought currency, lots of games do.. SWTOR (the greediest game I know of) does, Lord of the Rings Online does, CSGO ofcourse has the market which lets you earn money if you can grind and are smart, etc... so its not unheard of. Infact I'd have been very surprised and critical if HiRez HADNT made it possible to grind VIP points coz then that would've been a straight up pay wall.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Let me try and stand in they defense and for a second forget that you can buy the VIP thing with RL money and just talk about VIP w/o paying.

Issue most of you have is that you want those skins and do not want to put in time to get them, tho 1500 wins might be too much but still achievable if you play for a long time and put good hours into the game, which I dont.
    Those skins would not be so badass if they were easy to get, the harder something is to get more badass it gets.
    Let me give you some examples in other games, mainly WoW, When you see someone have bloodthirsty title(300k hks), when you see someone have a lot of rare(>1% drop chance) mounts... etc etc, that gives a bigger "badass" effect not coz its a good sounding title, not coz those mounts look good( some of them do) but coz they are hard as hell to get and you know that someone put a time into getting it.

Basically its not cool if everyone has it.

As for Zhin Skin, we all know that there will be recolor which you will be able to get some other way sooner or later
    Last edited by Neravarine; 09-03-2017 at 04:49 AM.
    Want to participate in creating the lore:
    Unofficial Lore Project
    Skye: Unofficial Lore Should I do another basic character lore ?

Member Sovereign Prince Arkenstar's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Neravarine View Post
    As for Zhin Skin, we all know that there will be recolor which you will be able to get some other way sooner or later
    Lol.. this is so hilarious and yet true, it hurts

Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenstar View Post
    I think for most of us, the VIP system is not bad AT THE MOMENT... but, I mean I speak for myself, my only problem with it is that direction it COULD take in the future.. which I hope it won't. There's nothing stopping them from increasing the price of items in the VIP store in future updates much like they increased the price of items costing gold and crystals. Or add items in there that affect core gameplay. So its a dangerous road.
    Never happened in any Hi-Rez game before. Skins is smite are still 400 gems. It's been like this for ages.
    Same with Paladins. They raised the price in gold, but gold is a free currency and they can do everything they want with it.
    You can't buy gold with crystals. But you can buy VIP points with it. The prices will stay the same, unless they do something like the Ash and Skye thing. Then they will charge a bit more points like 40k or 45k for the 2 skins.
    \|/
    --+--
    /|\
    |
    |
    ,--'#`--.
    |####|
    _.-'######`-._
    ,-'##########`-.
    ,'#############`,
    /###############\
    |################|
    \################/
    `.##############,'
    `.-###########-,'
    `-..#######..-'

#BUFFEVIE

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    Now, listen up, they give you 35 crystals every week, in 2 weeks you can get 10k VIP points + 50 VIP points per win or 25 VIP points per lose, you can pay 5€ to get 200 crystals and get 20k VIP Points (+ 60 crystals), OR you can buy the 14.99€ pack to get 100k VIP Points + a rare skin, boosters, etc.

Stop complaining kids, developing a game ain't a walk through a park, it requires A LOT of money. They're already pretty low with prices AND they give us FREE stuff (crystals every week, sometimes skins on twitch).

Level
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    Exactly lol. You get 20k for 200 crystals for an epic skin instead of the regular 400 in a store. They just made SOME skins cheaper.

I don't know about the recolor of zhin's skin but has ares got one? Conquerer would have been better as a new champ honestly but instead of a sword, an axe. If they bring out a viking champ, it won't be as cool as zhin's conquerer lol.

I wonder if hi-rez makes champions with the same archetype of already made skins.

Not buying a 14 day membership until either zhin's conquerer skin or bomb king's pumpking skins are in the vip store... or probably one of the upcoming Halloween skins.
    Last edited by Revenger-cm; 09-03-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    Mains:
    damage: sha lin, tyra, drogoz, bomb king, lian
    frontline: ash, ruckus, makoa
    support: seris, jenos, grover
    flank: zhin, lex, androxus

Member Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Overdrive

If it stays the way it is, then I see no issue with it.

Btw to someone who quoted what other game allows players to grind for the rl money bought currency, lots of games do.. SWTOR (the greediest game I know of) does, Lord of the Rings Online does, CSGO ofcourse has the market which lets you earn money if you can grind and are smart, etc... so its not unheard of. Infact I'd have been very surprised and critical if HiRez HADNT made it possible to grind VIP points coz then that would've been a straight up pay wall.
    You forgot GTA Online...holy shit the amount of grinding I did for a bunker...

Back onto topic, if the system can stay the way it is, you could have a point that all should be well.
    Currently at mastery 21 with Maeve and growing...(Mastery 21 before OB 58)
    #of Blades
    eveaR eveaM is lit !...and I own it, but I still want the Dreamhack skin
    Kill Compilations/ Life in Paladins: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5
    I also go by the alias 'ProjectEC97'

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Lol.. this is so hilarious and yet true, it hurts
    Yes, It really hurts. But by that time I already have Barbarian Zhin.
    IvJo
    Master of Spam

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    What I'm gonna say probably is not a "popular" opinion, but here are the facts:

1) The VP points does NOT affect our gameplay at all. So far, it exists only to buy cosmetics (skins and announcer packs) and I hope it stays this way. Remember guys, this is a Free-to-play game and most players will not pay a dime to play several (maybe hundreds) of hours of Paladins.

2) VP system is way different from the Essence system. The essence system affects directly our gameplay, since someone who has a better legendary card and/or deck will have a clear advantage against someone who has only basic deck/legendary. Therefore, if you spend money to buy cristals/chests/booster/founder's pack/etc, you have a huge advantage against someone who is not paying - which is why I think the essence system is really bad for the game.

3) Remember that we have mastery skins? Yeah, it seems these skins are not very popular among the players and they cost A LOT of gold. So why there aren't many players complaining about the price? Easy answer: because players don't care/want these skins. With the VP system, now pretty much everyone wants the new Maeve skin (which is pretty awesome TBH) but we realize that will require a considerable amount of grind and people will start to complain.

So my conclusion: I think the VP system is interesting and I hope Hi-Rez never to put something in it that will affect directly our gameplay. If they use this system only to sell cosmetics, then it's fine.