Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Why VIP system is BAD

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 911
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jusey1 View Post
    You get 150 points a win normally if you're a VIP member. 50 points a win if not. If you used a team booster, you get 450 points a win (everyone else in your team also gets a bonus 300 points). Or it might be a bonus of 200... I can't remember. Don't really keep track of it personally. I jsut use them to use them.
    Ah okay. So there is a benefit to having a membership thanks ^_^

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenstar View Post
    Ah okay. So there is a benefit to having a membership thanks ^_^
    As of right now not receiving the Extra 400 VIP points for being a member after completing the weekly quest.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    Just please...not a 5th currency. This game isn't a resource management simulator.
    <3 <3 <3

However, yes, I can confirm that VIP bonus applied to the VIP player even when not using the boost button. For team members, instead, you have to select those 25 matches. And only 25. A bit few in 70 days.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Help Devs balancing the game! >>>Here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link

Arkesntar, clean your inbox!

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 911
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Heh I hadn't planned on buying the VIP pack just to rebel, but I noticed that it was on Steam as a DLC and thanks to Steam's pricing system, it was only around 6 bucks when converted from my country's currency.. so I bought it >.>

So anyways, tried out a match and you get quite a bit of bonus for being a member..

So by being a member and having a booster (someone else activated the booster), you can get a whopping 450 points per win.. 150 without the booster.. which is decent still.. guess the pack is worth it

I'm kinda conflicted about how good that is coz that makes the endless f2p grind feel even more unfair.. but guess we'll see..
    Last edited by Arkenstar; 09-12-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    First point, you cannot singularly buy 10000 points with 70 crystals WITHOUT having an active membership. Which means you have to first buy the membership by either spending 15 bucks or 200 crystals. AFTER that, you can buy extra 10k crystals with 70 crystals each.

And all your calculations hinge on saving all crystals obtained from daily logins to put into this system. Which means no occasional seasonal chest rolls, no nothing.

Secondly, point accumulation by grinding, considering the accepted system of the 50% win rate stated by HiRez themselves, the average point acquisition per match is 37.5. Lets round it off at 40. At 40 VIP points per match, you need 30000/40 = 750 matches played to get ONE epic skin (not even legendary)

Twice as much for a legendary skin. 1500 matches. At an average of 15 minutes a match, that comes around to 375 hours. If you play 3-4 hours a day.. its gonna take over 3 months.

That sounds fine now.

But you know they're gonna add one new skin to that store atleast once each month.. at best once in two months. Now imagine catching up on the grind as more and more skins are added and you just keep falling back as the grind stretches farther and farther out of sight.

As I said, its only skins, so its not THAT bothersome. But my argument is about giving players a hopeful incentive and not just dangling a carrot on a stick in front of them that they will never reach unless they pay for it. Its gonna cause a lot of bad feeling towards the game even if when you think technically, they're atleast giving people a chance. Disappointing grinds have a way of spoiling games, even if theyre for inconsequential items.
    Sorry for the late reply but; although you may be right concerning the 10K crystals, it still isn't AS BAD as it has been depicted within this thread.

In tandem with this idea, the goal of the VIP system is not to simply act as the free skins for F2P players; this means that the system was built in such a way that over time, you will get free skins and content, but it still has a bit of reliance on paying money.

The idea of the VIP System being bad because it's a "grind" is bullshit. This would be a legitimate conversation in a payed game, but, as this game is F2P, it can be expected that this game would have some sort of payments that can be used to unlock additional content.

I mean, if you want to talk about the purpose, it's not to allow people who paid for memberships to brag, but rather, reward people for playing the game consistently. I think this idea isn't being taken into account, as it uses a similar sort of system to League of Legends. The blue crystals that you get take a shit-ton of time to get, but over time, you get premium content for free, it's that simple, and the same applies here.

Through the daily login system, you are given, at max, 1820 crystals a year. Whilst it was a down-grade from before, it still rewards people just for logging in. I guess you could say that the VIP system just acts as another way to use those crystals that you get.

If you want to talk about changes, the only ones that I'd make would be allowing players to buy 7500 VIP Points for 70 Crystals as a non-member, which rises to 10000 VIP Points for members.
    "Thank you for reading me."
    - Signature

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    ok 1 your wrong 2 here's why: so basically you can get a membership for 200 crystals this gets you 20,000 vip points ,within the membership you can get 10,000 more for 70 crystals. meaning the gundam reskin/recolor (which the normal one you can only get from chests which is a royal pain) you can get for a flat 270, the goddess li-an skin is a complete re-skin and one of the nicest skins to date you can buy it for 270 crystals. if you got both at a time you could bye them both for 480 which in total is 240 for each skin. the reave meave skin costs about 480 crystals as well if you buy the points all at once which isn't really that bad at all considering all the work that went into it and that its easily the nicest skin to date.
    mains
    front line: ruckus
    damage: BK
    support: pip
    flank: meave/buck

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered
    Heh I hadn't planned on buying the VIP pack just to rebel, but I noticed that it was on Steam as a DLC and thanks to Steam's pricing system, it was only around 6 bucks when converted from my country's currency.. so I bought it >.>

So anyways, tried out a match and you get quite a bit of bonus for being a member..

So by being a member and having a booster (someone else activated the booster), you can get a whopping 450 points per win.. 150 without the booster.. which is decent still.. guess the pack is worth it

I'm kinda conflicted about how good that is coz that makes the endless f2p grind feel even more unfair.. but guess we'll see..
    if you wanna feel the grind do against AI still same 150 VIP points when winning
    you need exactly just measly 400 rounds of AI/BOT games to get the meave skin *weekly rewards not included.*
    or
    if you haven't spend the 20000 VIP points that comes along with the VIP purchase you'll need 267 Win Bot match.
    i'll round off the calculations so it would still cover some time like PC error/disconnect/toilet break.
    39 rounds or 6 hours per day to complete it in a week
    20 rounds or 3 hours and 30 minuets per day to complete it in 2 weeks
    for only 200 GEM you spend ahahaha

fastest grind VIP with 5 friends vs bot/AI average is 7-9min per round, countdown, picking and average loading time included and one of you will use 1 boost per round soo you have 25 boosted round.
    Last edited by CoolingPowder; 09-13-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Ehm, wrong, he bought the VIP Pack, so he got 100k VIP Points. At least, he said he bought the VIP Pack and not the VIP Booster.
    Terminus Main.

Loadout:
    HM* II - Devestation I - Despoiler II - Necro Might IV - Wrecking Ball III

*Hulking Monstrosity

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by R3ViSiON View Post
    Sorry for the late reply but; although you may be right concerning the 10K crystals, it still isn't AS BAD as it has been depicted within this thread.

In tandem with this idea, the goal of the VIP system is not to simply act as the free skins for F2P players; this means that the system was built in such a way that over time, you will get free skins and content, but it still has a bit of reliance on paying money.

The idea of the VIP System being bad because it's a "grind" is bullshit. This would be a legitimate conversation in a payed game, but, as this game is F2P, it can be expected that this game would have some sort of payments that can be used to unlock additional content.

I mean, if you want to talk about the purpose, it's not to allow people who paid for memberships to brag, but rather, reward people for playing the game consistently. I think this idea isn't being taken into account, as it uses a similar sort of system to League of Legends. The blue crystals that you get take a shit-ton of time to get, but over time, you get premium content for free, it's that simple, and the same applies here.

Through the daily login system, you are given, at max, 1820 crystals a year. Whilst it was a down-grade from before, it still rewards people just for logging in. I guess you could say that the VIP system just acts as another way to use those crystals that you get.

If you want to talk about changes, the only ones that I'd make would be allowing players to buy 7500 VIP Points for 70 Crystals as a non-member, which rises to 10000 VIP Points for members.
    you also divided by 26 in your calculations instead of by 70 btw

vip system is cool. thats all there is. it gives player more reasons to play the game and it rewards cool stuff.
    end of story

as a completely free player i have every skin i need, all champs unlocked, loadouts for each one of them, spare gold, essence, and 701 crystals so i don't see how any argument towards calling this "bad for f2p" makes sense in any way. and believe me, i did call the essence system unfair because i had to start over and didnt get fully loaded on all cards i needed until lvl 125 (and that implies i was always disenchanting what i dont use and opening all chests)
    Last edited by EvieIV; 09-13-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    날아갈 수 없음 뛰어
    뛰어갈 수 없음 걸어

Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    Reasons why I love Lian:
    • Her butt
    • Her personality
    • She attac
    • Her nails
    *Professional support player*

twitch.tv/lianheals

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by IvJo View Post
    Ehm, wrong, he bought the VIP Pack, so he got 100k VIP Points. At least, he said he bought the VIP Pack and not the VIP Booster.
    ohh yeah your right, i think ima buy the VIP pack after my booster expires