Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Why VIP system is BAD

Member Sovereign Prince Arkenstar's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    I add a small things. I've discovered this only yesterday, but I've noticed it hasn't mentioned here before. With the VIP membership, you don't get a perma-bonus, but just 25 games bonus. You have to choose to use that bonus in the picking screen and then your team will get a bonus too.
    Just 25. I thought you would get the bonus for as long as those 70 days will last.
    What??.... O_o

Umm.. whats the point of the VIP "membership" then? like what privilege does it grant for 70 days?

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenstar View Post
    What??.... O_o

Umm.. whats the point of the VIP "membership" then? like what privilege does it grant for 70 days?
    Extra points. You'll still have to farm, but if you pay you'll farm a bit faster.
    I still don't like OB58

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DOPPELGANGER7 View Post
    Extra points. You'll still have to farm, but if you pay you'll farm a bit faster.
    Extra points in what sense? I thought Valkure's comment meant that you get 50 per win and 25 per loss even if you are a "member" but not have one of the 25 boosts activated?

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Extra points in what sense? I thought Valkure's comment meant that you get 50 per win and 25 per loss even if you are a "member" but not have one of the 25 boosts activated?
    From what I understood from the patch notes, this 25 boosts are a match boost that grant you and your teammates extra points in a match (is a kind of gamble, if you feel you're going to win, you place a bet on your victory). However if you buy the VIP pack (the one that costs actual money, of course) you get a "VIP status" that grants you extra points for the regular ways to get VIP points.

"VIP Membership
    Players who purchase the VIP membership bundle will gain membership status which gives bonuses to VIP point gain for a period of time. We also have plans for other cosmetic benefits for VIP members. VIP members also get:
    +100 Points per win (in addition to normal 50 points).
    +35 Points per loss (in addition to normal 25 points).
    +100 Points per correct esports pick (in addition to normal 50 points).
    +400 points per weekly quest (in addition to normal 100 points)."
    I still don't like OB58

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    The team bonus is just for 25 games and you have to activate it. Sorry, my fault, I have to explain it better.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DOPPELGANGER7 View Post
    From what I understood from the patch notes, this 25 boosts are a match boost that grant you and your teammates extra points in a match (is a kind of gamble, if you feel you're going to win, you place a bet on your victory). However if you buy the VIP pack (the one that costs actual money, of course) you get a "VIP status" that grants you extra points for the regular ways to get VIP points.

"VIP Membership
    Players who purchase the VIP membership bundle will gain membership status which gives bonuses to VIP point gain for a period of time. We also have plans for other cosmetic benefits for VIP members. VIP members also get:
    +100 Points per win (in addition to normal 50 points).
    +35 Points per loss (in addition to normal 25 points).
    +100 Points per correct esports pick (in addition to normal 50 points).
    +400 points per weekly quest (in addition to normal 100 points)."
    Yeah thats what I thought too.. the +100 points per win I thought was a bonus regardless of whether you gamble with the team boost.. I really hope it is.. I think I'm considering buying the VIP pack.. I'll update when I know more.. or Valk or someone else who HAS the pack can clear this up

Edit - She beat me to it thanks

So if I have VIP membership but DONT activate the team booster, do I personally get 150 points per win?

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    It seems so, but I have to admit I haven't focused much on that. I'll pay more attention this evening, I promise u.u
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    It seems so, but I have to admit I haven't focused much on that. I'll pay more attention this evening, I promise u.u
    Lol considering that we are stuck with this system for quite a bit, I think we have all the time in the world to work out its intricacies XD take your time

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I view the VIP system as free skins for playing. I find it unecessary but I don't hate it either. Just please...not a 5th currency. This game isn't a resource management simulator.

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4
    Yeah thats what I thought too.. the +100 points per win I thought was a bonus regardless of whether you gamble with the team boost.. I really hope it is.. I think I'm considering buying the VIP pack.. I'll update when I know more.. or Valk or someone else who HAS the pack can clear this up

Edit - She beat me to it thanks

So if I have VIP membership but DONT activate the team booster, do I personally get 150 points per win?
    You get 150 points a win normally if you're a VIP member. 50 points a win if not. If you used a team booster, you get 450 points a win (everyone else in your team also gets a bonus 300 points). Or it might be a bonus of 200... I can't remember. Don't really keep track of it personally. I jsut use them to use them.
    ~[Champion Concepts]~

* Echo, of the Night Band
    * Zarion, The Undead King

~[Level 20+ Champions]~

*Pip, The Rogue Alchemist
    *Mal'Damba, Wekono's Chosen