Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why VIP system is BAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered

Why VIP system is BAD

So... OB58 patch show were live yesterday and the VIP system tilted me right from the beginning for reasons I though to be obvious, still, I don't think people fully comprehended how bad it could be.
    Of course, the devs and the casters made it all sound like a candy rainbow, like they do with all their bad ideas. Most of you are probably thinking "but hey, you can get VIP points just for playing dude, we'll get free stuff, how this is bad" right?

This system will give you 50 points per win, and 25 for a loss. The thing is that Maeve's pack cost 60 THOUSAND points. This means you'll have to win 1200 (TWELVE HUNDRED) games in order to get ONE of the contents in this new system (remember that 1200 is the number of games you have to WIN, in case you can't pull off a 1200 winstreak, *laughs*, the number will only increase) and we all know that Hi-Rez release new cosmetics all the fkng time.

Let me put it another way. Stolzey (I'm assuming you already know one of the biggest paladins' competitive scenario pro player) according to paladins.guru have 3533 wins and 852 losses and is on lvl 286 (he probably play for longer than the site is live, so numbers coul'd be wrong, let's assume they ain't). With this number of games (and a WR of 80.57) stolzey can now buy the amazing amount of 3 skin packs. 3. Three. Três. Tres. Trois. Drei. (Japanese for three).

You most likely ain't going to get a thing for free.

"But these are only skins, cosmetics. There's no problem if you don't have 'em. And you only have to buy this kind of stuff if you want to support them, they need some income after all"

Well my dear friend, they already had Founders pack for that, they had crystals for that. I bought both, more than once, and probably you did it too.
    The problem is that FP and crystals weren't enough to hype you, you never felt an urge to buy neither of them, and that is the reason why VIP signatures now exist.

This new currency is being implemented only to squeeze money out of us for a game that claim to be in BETA (for over a year now) when there's a lot of other stuff more important to do.
    "Oh but the art team and the game devs are two separate groups" (I see you typing Wally, hold your horses). I could be wrong, but I'm sure as hell that the art team ain't the ones responsable for putting the new currency, store and all the new stuff on the game codes.
    The worst part is that they will for sure hide skins behind this new currency, like they did with barbarian Zhin, just to force us to pay for a signature. They tried to do it with the chest system, but apparently it wasn't enough.

This new currency is a middle finger to the face of anyone who bought the Founders Pack, who now is stuck with some essence, champions that can be obtained through gold, and two """exclusive""" skins (Cassie's were given away via twitch, for FREE) and still have to buy the VIP to "support" the game, AGAIN.

" Do you want to buy this skin for 600 crystals? But if you buy the VIP I'll give you a discount of crystals (after you pay 15 bucks for the VIP of course). That other skin over there? Oh no, that does not have a discount, this one you can only get if you buy the VIP."

-Hi-Rez

This is a BAIT. A money bait. Cashgrab.

Did I mentioned that the signature expires?

I'm sorry Hi-rez, I gave a chance when essence came out, I was optimistic bout ranked 2.0 even when everybody was hating it, but I can't support you in this one.
    I still don't like OB58

(nor any other patch after that one)

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester
    They should focus more on balance than skins.
    Perfect time to make unfunny joke.

Most effort for ob58 WENT INTO A SKIN!
    Keep trying to win no matter of what.

Member Sovereign Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    I don't like the new currency either, even if I'm not interested in the new skins.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along fine. Maybe not, but who cares. Soundcloud?

My Champion Concepts.
    This Guide is dead. RIP.

Member Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered
    I hate the new currency too

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    I was disappointed with OB58 as well. Thomas Holt said it's the busiest patch, yet most of what we got are skins hidden behind a new system...
    The only thing I loved about the patch is the Maeve buff and the optimization.
    ~Barroge Incaming!!!~

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Thats more like 1600 games if you count with an average 50% wr (for the mave skin at least). I assume you dont get points for bot matches.
    Speed Enthusiast

Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    You get points for that
    Terminus Main.

Loadout:
    HM* II - Devestation I - Despoiler II - Necro Might IV - Wrecking Ball III

*Hulking Monstrosity

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by IvJo View Post
    You get points for that
    Not bad. Lets say a bot match is 6 minutes, it takes about 5 days to get the 1200 done, maybe 7.5 with downtimes. So you can nolife it in a month playing 6hrs a day. Not bad.
    Speed Enthusiast

Member Sovereign Prince missy20201's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Tagger Second Class 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by CandySuxxx View Post
    Not bad. Lets say a bot match is 6 minutes, it takes about 5 days to get the 1200 done, maybe 7.5 with downtimes. So you can nolife it in a month playing 6hrs a day. Not bad.
    Good point. Assuming you only play an hour or less then of course it's more like 30 to 45 days... Toss in those odd bot matches where you have teammates drop and it takes longer to win (or hell those ones where your teammates are all bots that sit in spawn and you 1v5 and lose) and I'd say more like 50. Still not that bad. Yeah, I think it's a little ehhh because obviously the point is to get more money... But again, I do agree that it's all cosmetic. And the pack that's less expensive than Founder's gives you a lot of points to work with starting off.

The minute they toss something related to gameplay in there, though. That's when I'll go off.
    I'm a support main

Jenos - Level 9 - 217,716
    Grover - Level 8 - 166,829
    Ying - Level 15 - 141,853
    Seris - Level 9 - 140,847
    Pip - Level 7 - 116,006
    Grohk - Level 6 - 104,265
    Mal'Damba - Level 8 - 71,450 (needs work)

They nerfed Ying again

Time for my inner Grohk main to shine

#UnnerfOzzy

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 31 days registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by missy20201 View Post
    The minute they toss something related to gameplay in there, though. That's when I'll go off.
    DID SOMEBODY SAY...

Pay 2 Win Mechanics?