Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why VIP system is BAD

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered

Why VIP system is BAD

So... OB58 patch show were live yesterday and the VIP system tilted me right from the beginning for reasons I though to be obvious, still, I don't think people fully comprehended how bad it could be.
    Of course, the devs and the casters made it all sound like a candy rainbow, like they do with all their bad ideas. Most of you are probably thinking "but hey, you can get VIP points just for playing dude, we'll get free stuff, how this is bad" right?

This system will give you 50 points per win, and 25 for a loss. The thing is that Maeve's pack cost 60 THOUSAND points. This means you'll have to win 1200 (TWELVE HUNDRED) games in order to get ONE of the contents in this new system (remember that 1200 is the number of games you have to WIN, in case you can't pull off a 1200 winstreak, *laughs*, the number will only increase) and we all know that Hi-Rez release new cosmetics all the fkng time.

Let me put it another way. Stolzey (I'm assuming you already know one of the biggest paladins' competitive scenario pro player) according to paladins.guru have 3533 wins and 852 losses and is on lvl 286 (he probably play for longer than the site is live, so numbers coul'd be wrong, let's assume they ain't). With this number of games (and a WR of 80.57) stolzey can now buy the amazing amount of 3 skin packs. 3. Three. Três. Tres. Trois. Drei. (Japanese for three).

You most likely ain't going to get a thing for free.

"But these are only skins, cosmetics. There's no problem if you don't have 'em. And you only have to buy this kind of stuff if you want to support them, they need some income after all"

Well my dear friend, they already had Founders pack for that, they had crystals for that. I bought both, more than once, and probably you did it too.
    The problem is that FP and crystals weren't enough to hype you, you never felt an urge to buy neither of them, and that is the reason why VIP signatures now exist.

This new currency is being implemented only to squeeze money out of us for a game that claim to be in BETA (for over a year now) when there's a lot of other stuff more important to do.
    "Oh but the art team and the game devs are two separate groups" (I see you typing Wally, hold your horses). I could be wrong, but I'm sure as hell that the art team ain't the ones responsable for putting the new currency, store and all the new stuff on the game codes.
    The worst part is that they will for sure hide skins behind this new currency, like they did with barbarian Zhin, just to force us to pay for a signature. They tried to do it with the chest system, but apparently it wasn't enough.

This new currency is a middle finger to the face of anyone who bought the Founders Pack, who now is stuck with some essence, champions that can be obtained through gold, and two """exclusive""" skins (Cassie's were given away via twitch, for FREE) and still have to buy the VIP to "support" the game, AGAIN.

" Do you want to buy this skin for 600 crystals? But if you buy the VIP I'll give you a discount of crystals (after you pay 15 bucks for the VIP of course). That other skin over there? Oh no, that does not have a discount, this one you can only get if you buy the VIP."

-Hi-Rez

This is a BAIT. A money bait. Cashgrab.

Did I mentioned that the signature expires?

I'm sorry Hi-rez, I gave a chance when essence came out, I was optimistic bout ranked 2.0 even when everybody was hating it, but I can't support you in this one.
    I still don't like OB58

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    They should focus more on balance than skins.
    Perfect time to make unfunny joke.

Most effort for ob58 WENT INTO A SKIN!
    I'm leading this vanguard. So if any of you f-*beep* have anything to say, now's the time

Member Sovereign Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class
    I don't like the new currency either, even if I'm not interested in the new skins.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my comment.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along fine. Soundcloud?

A Scholar's Guide to Daddy Torvald.
    My Champion Concepts.

Member Count
    Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered
    I hate the new currency too

Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    I was disappointed with OB58 as well. Thomas Holt said it's the busiest patch, yet most of what we got are skins hidden behind a new system...
    The only thing I loved about the patch is the Maeve buff and the optimization.
    ~Barroge Incaming!!!~

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Thats more like 1600 games if you count with an average 50% wr (for the mave skin at least). I assume you dont get points for bot matches.
    ☃⛄☃⛄☃⛄☃⛄☃⛄☃⛄☃⛄☃

Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    You get points for that
    IvJo
    Master of Spam

Member Sovereign Prince Arkenstar's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    I'm with you tbh. I've complained ever since they turned a lot of things into cash grab. Even common/uncommon tier skins. And I agree, this is a blatant way to charge more crystals for what normally would/should cost, 200-300 crystals. At best 400 crystals. And I fear that most new skins, especially the really good ones, will be going behind the VIP store. The rest will be in RNG boxes. So its a win-win for them.

BUT, while the Founders Pack grants easy access to the core game features (the champs), this new cash grab still only affects cosmetics. I know theyre amazing cosmetics, and we all love good cosmetics. I'm against overcharging on cosmetics too. I made a thread about the same shit when they started charging 10k gold for color swap skins. So I'm equally pissed off about that. And I knew this day would come when they would make just about every skin a cash grab. But I'll not entirely lose faith as long as they keep working on balance changes, the game is good and not pay to win.

This patch has been a major let down, I'll agree. I love the skins, but this patch was literally 90% about skins. There were a couple (like literally couple) of significant enough balance changes, ONE QoL change (which they hyped as if there were a dozen QoL changes coming )

I'm with you. This is a slippery slope to go on. And it had already begun a few updates ago. Now we just gotta wait and see. I've played enough games in my life to know that there is no cure to cash grabs.. especially in f2p games.. its gonna be there. I've played SWTOR, one of the biggest cash grab games

I would petition for tweaks to the VIP system so that its atleast a bit more rewarding. Or something like that.

But for now, I'll be patient. Pick and choose the skins I truly want and only go for them. I fear though that they might turn to making the "active VIP membership" aka the boost into a subscription feature. Or include stuff on the store that is not mere fluff/cosmetic. And that'll probably be the turning point for me.

I'll be fairly pissed, feel robbed, disappointed that I might not be able to get some of the skins I want, but I know I can't have them all.. and I think we can all make our peace with that

Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    Yeah you do get points from that. This thread says that you can:
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...-the-VIP-skins
    ~Barroge Incaming!!!~

Member Sovereign Prince CaoCao777's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    yeah its pretty lame

dont be fooled..

the ONLY reason they give VIP points to non-payers is so some people might be like

"oooh i got some of this currency, but its just sitting here... buut if i pay then i can use it"
    .... that is the plan of the system...
    MORE MAPS!!! old test maps queue would be cool,
    where we can play ALL test maps ever made !!

Sandbridge was the best map so far!
    #BUFFEVIE
    SHES CUUUUUTE!!! WHY YOU GOTTA HATE!!!!! Q.Q

#BUFFYING #NURSEYING
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...l=1#post296749