Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Why VIP system is BAD

Member Sovereign Prince Arkenstar's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by R3ViSiON View Post
    If you want to talk about changes, the only ones that I'd make would be allowing players to buy 7500 VIP Points for 70 Crystals as a non-member, which rises to 10000 VIP Points for members.
    It would actually be significantly better if they did this. By trading 70 crystals every 2 weeks, f2p atleast FEEL more heartened in the grind since they're making visible progress towards the target. Locking the trade behind the membership is quite unfair. I'm in favor of this change at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolingPowder View Post
    if you wanna feel the grind do against AI still same 150 VIP points when winning
    you need exactly just measly 400 rounds of AI/BOT games to get the meave skin *weekly rewards not included.*
    or
    if you haven't spend the 20000 VIP points that comes along with the VIP purchase you'll need 267 Win Bot match.
    i'll round off the calculations so it would still cover some time like PC error/disconnect/toilet break.
    39 rounds or 6 hours per day to complete it in a week
    20 rounds or 3 hours and 30 minuets per day to complete it in 2 weeks
    for only 200 GEM you spend ahahaha

fastest grind VIP with 5 friends vs bot/AI average is 7-9min per round, countdown, picking and average loading time included and one of you will use 1 boost per round soo you have 25 boosted round.
    I got the two skins I wanted since I got the VIP pack

I agree with you. The grind AFTER you get membership is significantly lighter. Membership offers a 200% increase in point rewards. So that is quite doable. On the other hand, its the f2p grind I was worried about. Which only gives 50 points per win and 25 per loss.

Again, to reiterate. It is not bad NOW. But I can foresee the grind starting to accumulate over time and get very very tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by IvJo View Post
    Ehm, wrong, he bought the VIP Pack, so he got 100k VIP Points. At least, he said he bought the VIP Pack and not the VIP Booster.
    Yeah I caved u_u The pack IS worth it though, as much as I'd like to protest with my wallet :/

Quote Originally Posted by EvieIV View Post
    as a completely free player i have every skin i need, all champs unlocked, loadouts for each one of them, spare gold, essence, and 701 crystals
    Curious to know how you have 701 crystals without having bought any. 701 crystals is 20 weeks ~ 5 months of saving up and not spending even one crystal. Buying crystals on the other hand makes you a paying customer, not f2p.

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenstar View Post
    I agree with you. The grind AFTER you get membership is significantly lighter. Membership offers a 200% increase in point rewards. So that is quite doable. On the other hand, its the f2p grind I was worried about. Which only gives 50 points per win and 25 per loss.
    its quite cheap the VIP pack
    my outside lunch mcdo combo meal = 1 VIP pack = meave + fernando skin
    Last edited by CoolingPowder; 09-13-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points
    Curious to know how you have 701 crystals without having bought any. 701 crystals is 20 weeks ~ 5 months of saving up and not spending even one crystal. Buying crystals on the other hand makes you a paying customer, not f2p.

So that is in the worst case 200 weekly crystals i'm getting, ranging up to 1200.

Wait not even weekly cause there's actually 3 or 4 ewall tournaments every week! so can get over 2000 in one week if good enough
    Last edited by EvieIV; 09-13-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    날아갈 수 없음 뛰어
    뛰어갈 수 없음 걸어

Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    Reasons why I love Lian:
    • Her butt
    • Her personality
    • She stronk
    • She attac
    • Her nails

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    So that is in the worst case 200 weekly crystals i'm getting, ranging up to 1200.

Wait not even weekly cause there's actually 3 or 4 ewall tournaments every week! so can get over 2000 in one week if good enough
    What IS that though? O_o I don't know of this?

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    For me, this VIP thingie is a way to cover a pay feature so they can go out without getting called out that skins are only pay 2 get.

Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Today the VIP system completes one week.
    In this time I managed to get 18k VIP points. In five more days I'll get 30k total and the goddess skin will pay itself up. And I don't even play that much.
    So even the "too grindy" argument falls short.
    \|/
    --+--
    /|\
    |
    |
    ,--'#`--.
    |####|
    _.-'######`-._
    ,-'##########`-.
    ,'#############`,
    /###############\
    |################|
    \################/
    `.##############,'
    `.-###########-,'
    `-..#######..-'

#BUFFEVIE

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 3 months registered
    So you think the founders pack is cool, but it's wrong to charge for cosmetics through VIP?

People keep saying it's bull shit, but Hi Rez has to make money. I'm sorry that everyone hates it when hi rez has to make money.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by OlhaSo View Post
    Today the VIP system completes one week.
    In this time I managed to get 18k VIP points. In five more days I'll get 30k total and the goddess skin will pay itself up. And I don't even play that much.
    So even the "too grindy" argument falls short.
    Hmm.. how much DO you play per day?

Coz even assuming 50 points per match, for 18k points, you'd need to have played 13 hours a day (assuming an average of 15 mins per match, so 4 matches in an hour.. 18000/50 = 360 matches.. 360/4 = 90 hours... 90 hours/7 days = 12.8 hours a day)

And that calculation is based on you winning all games.. Heh if a game requires you to play 12-13 hours a day, that does not justify a fair grind That point is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by milkAcat View Post
    So you think the founders pack is cool, but it's wrong to charge for cosmetics through VIP?

People keep saying it's bull shit, but Hi Rez has to make money. I'm sorry that everyone hates it when hi rez has to make money.
    I'll let you in on a secret.

Game companies' MAIN objective is to make money. Every planning, development decision, etc taken by a gaming company is geared towards how they can make more profits. And whenever the playerbase has been either too naive or too ignorant about this, the companies have taken advantage and milked the cow dry. And sorry to say, as much as I love Paladins to death, HiRez already DO milk it to insane amounts.

Its the playerbase's job to be vigilant about this. WE don't have to worry about how HiRez will survive. This is not some game made by a group of three-four people. This is a professional game developer. There is no charity here. I'm not some pre-teen charging my parents' credit card to buy games or in game stuff. I work to earn my money and I have every right to ask HiRez to work and earn theirs. Just because they're running a free to play game doesn't mean they're running a charity either. They ARE making money off this. If they weren't, this game would've already wrapped up and shut down.

So look past that view and understand that we WANT this game to prosper, and for that, there needs to be a balance of economics between the playerbase and the game studio. Otherwise shit usually ends up with the game studio just focusing on draining the playerbase's pockets with no attention paid to the actual game.

And even though I bought the VIP pack myself, I have a mind open enough to argue from the point of view of the person who can't afford it. The same person that HiRez claims can sufficiently grind their system to get what they want. If that was true, I wouldn't have been worried. But it isn't true.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points
    What IS that though? O_o I don't know of this?
    tournaments? also olhaso made 18k points through vip membership
    날아갈 수 없음 뛰어
    뛰어갈 수 없음 걸어

Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    Reasons why I love Lian:
    • Her butt
    • Her personality
    • She stronk
    • She attac
    • Her nails

Level
    Achievements:
    tournaments? also olhaso made 18k points through vip membership
    I didn't know there was already a reward system on tournament bets BEFORE the VIP system came out.. got a link for it?

And lol well then its a moot point because the argument IS about FREE players (as in players who can't pay for membership) and the possibility of them grinding and eventually getting what they want (which HiRez claims is possible, I would disagree). Ofcourse the grind WITH the membership isn't much tedious at all.