Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Makoa must be nerfed. his hook needs a longer cooldown or some other nerf.

Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 3 months registered
    As a front Line Makoa only has three things going for him. One..his hook. His hook is good at grabbing pesky squishies and flankies and knocking them out of commision making your team able to focus more on other targets...like the tank.

Two, his Hook Legendary. 80% Extra damage is quite a big deal..however it will only take half a Champions Health in one shot and he will still need a follow up from Teammates to finish the target..if they were at full health.

His Basic Attack, for a Front Line his Basic Attack is very good for dueling Damage Dealers/Flanks while keeping up with their consistent damage. His Basic attack also has good range and good damage at range allowing him to finish of fleeing targets if he must.

Now..what is bad about Makoa? He really has no defense. Sure he has Shell Shield, however it is a low Health Shield with a decent amount of Cool Down. Also, it is channeled..he can't attack while using his Shield unless he is using Half Shell..and that lowers his damage and finishing capabilities by quite a lot.

Member Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    Makoa is an off tank (and a burst one), and off tank are meta since ages, how to win vs off tanks? pressure their team to the max, so many people cry because they get hooked by a makoa going crazy on their backlines, you can outflank him, regroup, 2V1 him, there are counterplay...

The only thing that makes him creepy AF he's that he a tad less safe than nando to play atm, but he has wayyy more burst, meaning that his ttk is really low, that can be frustrating, but nothing you cant build against.

Dueling a makoa is possible when you know how and when he usually hook, positionning is key vs him indeed and he's a strong champion, But we can say the same about other strong champions... The only thing here that kills me is that instead of increasing the ttk for everyone (IMO in order to find decent balance in this game, you have to increase the TTK, because at the moment we are in a fcin deathball of who will kill the fastest), they just reduce it for everyone, ie : if you are a squishy, you have way less chance to survive than 10 patches ago, this is why makoa is becoming stronger even with so called "nerfs" because actually he has to deal damage to be on par with other champions, because everyone deal wayyy too much damage atm, you cant counter play a 2 shot / kill, you can a 3 or 4 shots with reflex, tracking and self control.

Anyway I digress, to me makoa is fine as it is, because remove his damage and burst now (with the ult and other various nerfs he got lately), and why on earth would I play FL as him instead of torvald or inara who have better survivability overall, but shitty damage? (this is why they are not meta, because damage is the key lately, you have to kill fast and deal a ton of damage to win).
    I wont pay a dime for this game, like, ever, because they do milk the cow, your wallet is power!

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    Makoa is an off tank (and a burst one), and off tank are meta since ages, how to win vs off tanks? pressure their team to the max, so many people cry because they get hooked by a makoa going crazy on their backlines, you can outflank him, regroup, 2V1 him, there are counterplay...

The only thing that makes him creepy AF he's that he a tad less safe than nando to play atm, but he has wayyy more burst, meaning that his ttk is really low, that can be frustrating, but nothing you cant build against.

Dueling a makoa is possible when you know how and when he usually hook, positionning is key vs him indeed and he's a strong champion, But we can say the same about other strong champions... The only thing here that kills me is that instead of increasing the ttk for everyone (IMO in order to find decent balance in this game, you have to increase the TTK, because at the moment we are in a fcin deathball of who will kill the fastest), they just reduce it for everyone, ie : if you are a squishy, you have way less chance to survive than 10 patches ago, this is why makoa is becoming stronger even with so called "nerfs" because actually he has to deal damage to be on par with other champions, because everyone deal wayyy too much damage atm, you cant counter play a 2 shot / kill, you can a 3 or 4 shots with reflex, tracking and self control.

Anyway I digress, to me makoa is fine as it is, because remove his damage and burst now (with the ult and other various nerfs he got lately), and why on earth would I play FL as him instead of torvald or inara who have better survivability overall, but shitty damage? (this is why they are not meta, because damage is the key lately, you have to kill fast and deal a ton of damage to win).
    That's the problem, we have to be extremely cautious and strategic against him, while he doesn't give a fuck about anything because he has 4800 HP, a good shield and one of the best ultimates in the game

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ArChie24 View Post
    if 3 tiers of resilience make you would not be displaced at all, just remove hook from makoa then. its make no freaking use whatsoever.
    So let's remove all CC abilities from the game

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    yeah let's make Makoa completely useless...that's a great idea.
    He's great against flanks...boohoo. Tanks are supposed to be.

I think you're forgetting Zhin can use his ULT through Makoa's ULT so they're even.

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Makoa has a terrible shield first it is channeled Stuns completely cancel it and some characters like Series actually can hit him will outside of his shield and Fernando's fireball can hit him if he is inside shield with Makoa and than go through the shield and hit someone else.
    Favorite Support: Ying ,Maldamba
    Favorite Flank: Maeve and Androxius
    Favorite Damage: Cassie Sha Lin
    Favorite FL: Rukus Ash

Member Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Thales3002 View Post
    That's the problem, we have to be extremely cautious and strategic against him, while he doesn't give a fuck about anything because he has 4800 HP, a good shield and one of the best ultimates in the game
    I meant makoa is fine IF the pluck legendary gave less burst damage bonus (his kit and base damage are fine, he's afterall, an offtank), as said in another post I'd like to see the pluck legendary significantly reduce the dredge anchor CD but not giving any bonus damage at all, way to keep his utility but reduce his 1V1 potential.
    I wont pay a dime for this game, like, ever, because they do milk the cow, your wallet is power!

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I love the adrenaline when i play flank and there is a good makoa that can wipe the floor with me on the enemy team. Makoa is good the way he is, the only change i want is the threw walls and floors hooking fixed. If you nerf his hook makoa will RIP.

RIP
    Skill based Evie
    -Cause of death-
    Hirez removed her blink bonus damage and buffed her projectile speed
    My champion concert the pirate king

Level
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3
    just nerf his hooks range by 10 units and make it so your body gets stuck on objects when you are hooked so I wont be pulled through 2 walls and a window like has happened multiple times..... then he'll be balanced
    Last edited by rrichglitch; 09-14-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    my nema jeff

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 3 months registered
    Makoa is fine

The hook with a legendary doesnt do that much damage 1170 is not amazing damage
    Lex does almost that much with auto aim

Makoa has a 4 round magazine ...get real folks --- 4 freaking rounds
    He is always reloading

If you miss your shots you are doing nothing with him.
    The hook damage is ok and great for some quick burst but its the team follow up on hooked people that kills you...
    If your teams SUCKS and you find that you can not do anything,... You Suck!

The road to recovery lies in admitting You SUCK!

Doing well with a good team is no indication of true skill.
    Stop name calling an admit that you can do better, and you will.

DONT BE AFRAID TO DIE, ITS THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN NOT TOO...