View Poll Results: Would cards that change firerate and damage be a good addition?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! That would be a cool way of adding more diversity to each champion

2 50.00%
  • No! That would be pointless (or some other reason)

2 50.00%

Thread: New Cards

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered

New Cards

This is a really quick post, I wanted to know if anyone thinks it would be cool to have cards that change champion's firerate and damage per hit? Like cassie could have a card that let's her fire faster, but with reduced damage.
    Your responses are critical to a new change that I have in conception, so please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Will
    Don't Try to Tell Me a Champion is OP (Unless it's Lian) It's About Playstyle not a Champion's Power.

Lex Doesn't Need Nerfs!

Remember People, Keep it Polite, Don't Sugarcoat, But Don't Be a Turd.

Check Out My Champion Concept: http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...e-s-Apprentice

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I would agree with such cards as long as it keeps the DPS the same or very slightly higher. It could be a nice option for those who want to get the most out of every shot, or have trouble aiming and prefer to spam shots at the cost of damage.

Example: Card increases weapon damage by 2.5% per tier, but your fire rate is slowed by 2%

If you were to max this card you would deal +10% damage, but fire 8% slower which is roughly a 1.2% DPS increase, which is comparable to the +5% reload rate card.

If Pip used this card, he would fire 660 damage flasks, every 1.08s, instead of 600 damage every 1s.

Also do not give snipers the card that reduces fire rate and increases damage, otherwise the burst damage would be a bit rich.

Member Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DatJaneDoe View Post
    I would agree with such cards as long as it keeps the DPS the same or very slightly higher. It could be a nice option for those who want to get the most out of every shot, or have trouble aiming and prefer to spam shots at the cost of damage.

Example: Card increases weapon damage by 2.5% per tier, but your fire rate is slowed by 2%

If you were to max this card you would deal +10% damage, but fire 8% slower which is roughly a 1.2% DPS increase, which is comparable to the +5% reload rate card.

If Pip used this card, he would fire 660 damage flasks, every 1.08s, instead of 600 damage every 1s.

Also do not give snipers the card that reduces fire rate and increases damage, otherwise the burst damage would be a bit rich.
    That's exactly what I am thinking!
    This idea was spawned by Lex, I liked the old Lex a lot and I thought it would be cool if you could use a card to make him fire more like the old one, so if you wanted you could play as the old one, but you could take out the card so you could play as the new one.
    Don't Try to Tell Me a Champion is OP (Unless it's Lian) It's About Playstyle not a Champion's Power.

Lex Doesn't Need Nerfs!

Check Out My Champion Concept: http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...e-s-Apprentice

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered
    Pointless on 1 big reason.

Either the change is so minimal that every other card is more effective, or they're cards you take and putting 4 points into them is required for optimal play.
    I play on Xbox One, two-trick Lian and Skye with Ying/Ash when I need to deal with those quests.

Member Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BustyDemoness View Post
    Pointless on 1 big reason.

Either the change is so minimal that every other card is more effective, or they're cards you take and putting 4 points into them is required for optimal play.
    If you think it will do nothing, why not bring it in and see?

Lex Doesn't Need Nerfs!