Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Strix, The Kinessa Killer needs to be Balanced

Banned Baronet
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Did you noticed that Strix has a Widowmaker's quote?
    Which one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omenya View Post
    It's like if I make another OP Skye with random skills and having a Counter Strike gameplay.
    You are too late dude. Hi-rez already did it.
    Another skye (Almost infinite stealth) = Check.
    OP= Check
    CS gameplay= Check
    Random skills= Check
    Name= Strix

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Exclamation Analyzing the situation!

Let's start from the beginning.
    I have been studying Strix and Kinessa in recent times and I have come to a somewhat interesting conclusion
    Kinessa has a Delay of 2.5 to 3 Seconds for every Strong Shot!
    Strix has a delay of 2 seconds for each shot (recharge time after shooting)
    But every shot of it equals a kinessa Strong Shot
    Or Be Between 1600 to 1900 (Without Legendary)
    But Strix can only use the weapon with ZOOM, without zooming his weapon is useless
    But Kinessa can use his weapon with ZOOM and without it
    Strix has a semi-altomatic pistol that takes around 250 damage each shot taken
    Kinessa has a machine gun (idk) that takes 150 with every shot taken.
    Strix manages to be Invisible, that can be easily revealed with Illuminate , in addition to being able to shoot only once while being Invisible
    Kinessa manages to rise in high places that you can hardly perceive, besides she is able to flee easily teleporting.
    Strix with the legendary card takes 1950 damage if hit in the head! With a perfect shot.

Kinessa with the legendary card takes 2400 damage if it hits the Head! That does not have to be a perfect shot.

My final conclusions are ...

Strix is ​​certainly unbalanced, but not overdone, I believe that if he reduces the damage he takes and includes a method in which he can be invisible but in a shorter time with a cooldown, he would become a certain and balanced character for the game.

Level
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered
    This is a lot of paperwork. But the problem is that I know where Kinessa is and can place myself behind cover to not get shot. She has bad mobility so she cant relocate quickly. But Strix can just shot me out of nowhere and this is frustrating af. Especially when I run support. I can't do anything to not die to him. He just shots me when he wants and I can't do **** to prevent it. At least i know that Skye is loud and take her time to walk to me.

Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DageLV View Post
    Which one?
    "One shot - One Kill". That is also a quote from Night Elf's Archer from Warcraft 3, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyoe View Post

My final conclusions are ...

Strix is ​​certainly unbalanced, but not overdone, I believe that if he reduces the damage he takes and includes a method in which he can be invisible but in a shorter time with a cooldown, he would become a certain and balanced character for the game.
    I agree that he needs to be "nerfed" but that does not excuse him for replacing Kinessa and turning Paladins into a "old-school shooter" game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroif View Post
    This is a lot of paperwork. But the problem is that I know where Kinessa is and can place myself behind cover to not get shot. She has bad mobility so she cant relocate quickly. But Strix can just shot me out of nowhere and this is frustrating af. Especially when I run support. I can't do anything to not die to him. He just shots me when he wants and I can't do **** to prevent it. At least i know that Skye is loud and take her time to walk to me.
    I got triggered when I started to play as him and against him. That THING can solo kill Torvald with his pistol. I tried to heal the Front Line but Strix's damage destroys me and my heal every single time I respawn.

Oh. I forgot to mention. The Patch 57 has more glitches than any other patch on this game.

- If you're unlucky, you will be not able to respawn in a match anymore.
    - The Skill HUD is glitching after you die in a match.
    - If you choose Strix and change to another character on Shooting Gallery your aim disappears.
    - and THIS THING:

Here goes Strix's brother striking a pose.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    I realized that yes illuminate does counter stealth champions but strix is a sniper so illuminate is totally useless since he's too far away for illuminate to actually detect him in stealth that's why he's way too op against snipers like Kinessa or Shalin
    and although yes you can try to flank him he also has a side arm which is way better than Kinessa's carbine and for Shalin he's decent with up close combat but that's only if you know how to juke and aim and again Strix has a pistol meant for close range combat.

Beta Player Marquess
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    To all those wannabe-smartasses that say "buy illuminate" and Strix is "ez": what burncard will you buy when the opponent team has Bombking and Strix? See, there your argumentation becomes invalid. Also as Daunful wrote: on long range illuminate is useless.

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Kinessa main here.

Been practicing with Strix for several days now consistently.

I like him.

Of course part of that is the catharsis found in not being a sniper who is targeted by flanks so there's a bias.

But I've been Kinessa going up against a Strix. More often than not I come out the winner. There are a few reasons for this.

Experience vs some twit who's using the new champ because, hey, new champ. That one goes a long way.
    It also bleeds into other variables like awareness, location and aim. There's one thing that I did learn though that is the deal breaker.

Walk away.

Don't duel with a Strix. If you get hit as a Kinessa, take cover, port out and walk away. Put your ego aside. If they're hunting specifically you it spares your allies being targets (And a good Kinessa can still get pot shots at the enemy team while on the move) if not then you have a window of opportunity to blow his head off since they're not seeking you out.

As Strix I've been killed quite a bit, but I'm not the soft target a Kinessa can be (Not IS, can be). His damage is high, but the mobility, even with speed boost on stealth (A must have IMO) is low and with no verticality it's not like prediction is impossible. On a number of occasions I've hit a Strix, they stealth out and I move to one side, take a shot and get the kill.

He will most likely be tweaked in the coming weeks, every champion is, so your screeching like the emulated owl is pointless. Your issue is you haven't adapted. Strix creates a new paradigm in Paladins and you want it to stay the old way. Diamond rankers and up, I'd imagine, are making the necessary adjustments and moving on.

I'd suggest you do the same.

And this is the nicest 'Shut the Fuck Up, and Play, you're ever going to see from me.

Toodles!

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Omenya View Post
    "One shot - One Kill". That is also a quote from Night Elf's Archer from Warcraft 3, btw]
    Do you srsly think that is a unique quote from Widowmaker? Take a look for yourself:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...t%20one%20kill
    Hi

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    This stupid owl is ruining all of this game.

What kind of thinking did they create this OP champ?

They did not consider the balance at all.

This stupid owl must be nerf.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Daunful View Post
    Okay so Hi-Rez came out with this new champion that is not only a sniper but an invisible sniper like WTF i'm a Sha lin main and I find it almost impossible to kill Strix and i imagine Kinessa mains are struggling too not only can Strix go invisible whenever he desires but he's also a sniper which means illuminate becomes useless because Strix being a sniper is out of illuminates ranger even if it's max the only way you can try and kill him is only if you can get up close to and flank him but again he has a side arm that deals a decent amount of damage as well.The only time you can actually land a shot is after he shoots you first because he snipes far away while still invisible yes that's right not only can he go invisible BUT HE CAN SHOOT WHILE INVISIBLE TOO and yes i know he immediately goes out of invis afterwards but it's a 1 second cool-down and i didn't factor in the fact that first you have to find where he's shooting from and by the time you have a general guess of where he is you're already dead.Please just do something about this because it is legitimately IMPOSSIBLE to kill Strix as sniper without you trying to flank.It doesn't need to be like a huge huge nerf just make it so that he cant shoot while still in stealth maybe make it so that when he scopes in he's out of stealth or something PLEASE JUST DO SOMETHING i can't play my main when there's a Strix on the enemy team.Thank you for taking time out of your day to read this.Please comment some feedback if you can because i'd really really appreciate it.
    Seriously how do you have issues with Sha-lin against strix? Come on man Sha-lin can kill him EASILY, Yes his grounded option is maybe not the best way to go but the distance Sha-Lin can shoot and how big his damage is, and i'm serious on this Ridicilous when you're against Strix.. Strix can't handle speed based champions like Skye, Evie and most of the Damage champs... Just please git GUD
    -=Competitive Stats=-
    Competitive Champions:
    Fernando & Inara, Frontliners

''Kills are not important, Defending the point is my task!''
    ELO: 1.8k+ and Growing
    Emerald League Fernando!

For More Info About My Profile: