Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Strix, The Kinessa Killer needs to be Balanced

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Totally agreed!

They're running out of inspiration to create new characters. So they're creating overpowered characters with the best character skill that already exist in a single character. This Strix is ​​unthinkably overpowered. Didn't they think about it before releaseing? It's an absurd.

It's not possible to flank the Strix, even with the invisiblity from Skye behind him because he has a pistol that kills quickly. It's an absurd. Also, if our life drops a little, I don't know, 80% for example, you're already afraid of having some invisible Strix because it's HIT-KILL for him.

In addition, they can remove Kinessa from the game. The Strix completely destroyed any chance of Kinessa being anything in the game.

It's being disheartening to play this week/month. I'm just entering in the game to get my daily reward and leaving... To play other more interesting games.
    Last edited by AdanSR; 08-25-2017 at 08:16 AM.
    I'm Skye, your worst nightmare.
    We work in the DARK. To serve the LIGHT.

Look back, look to the side... Look everywhere. I can be ready to kill you anywhere!

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by IvJo View Post
    Well, Zhin can counter everything he does, exept his stealth, which can be countered by Illuminate. So I don't see those crybaby's screaming: ''He Can Kill Every Flank!''
    I had a great time as a Zhin against a Kinessa/Strix combo that were actively playing together.

Max illuminate does shit when youre trying to hunt him down, even if you know where he is.

Switch up and go for the Kinessa? BOOM, 1300 damage from stealth, and a few pistol shots and youre deleted.

This is a really ugly combination if both the Kinessa and the Strix can actually aim.

Try to support the team on the point and around it? Rage from the team, FLANK STRIX OR KINESSA!!11

My only REAL problem with Strix is that fucking pistol - its ridiculous and needs a lot more recoil or a serious damage reduction.

I can also add that I am a terrible twitch/sniper type. Strix is like 5x easier for me to use compared to Kinessa.

Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SireDankalot View Post

However, evidentially I am not alone regarding the issues pertinent to Strix. Personally, upon playing Strix, I found my playstyle to be more focused on flanking (perhaps because this is my main way of playing) and I often found myself enganging in 2 ways: 1) taking a shot in stealth, dealing 1495 damage, switching to my pistol and landing 2 or 3 shots rapidly to finish them off OR 2) Taking a shot outside of stealth, stealth up, repositioning and then simply taking another shot while in stealth to finish them off...
    Surely It's the first time I see a Sniper that can flank. It's a basically a "Skye with Sniper" and a semi-automatic pistol that has a huge damage btw. He's the most broken and unfair champion I ever seen. I don't like him. He made my expectations wrong and replaced Kinessa.
    His ultimate is the most annoying thing on the entire Paladins. So unfair and has a horrifying FLASHLIGHT (Where is the warnings about flashlights on this game? Someone is going to get hurt if they don't put it) that make all teammates USELESS for damn 3 secs. Until the ultimate effect runs out everyone of the team have died. That Ultimate destroyed Maeve's ult btw. It's the same thing, but the Strix's one is annoying and impossible to not die during its effect.
    His weapon is like a Sniper from Battlefield Remake that kills people with a one-hit-kill.
    Oh. I nearly forgot... Did you noticed that Strix has a Widowmaker's quote?

Quote Originally Posted by AdanSR View Post
    Totally agreed!

They're running out of inspiration to create new characters. So they're creating overpowered characters with the best character skill that already exist in a single character. This Strix is ​​unthinkably overpowered. Didn't they think about it before releaseing? It's an absurd.

It's not possible to flank the Strix, even with the invisiblity from Skye behind him because he has a pistol that kills quickly. It's an absurd. Also, if our life drops a little, I don't know, 80% for example, you're already afraid of having some invisible Strix because it's HIT-KILL for him.

In addition, they can remove Kinessa from the game. The Strix completely destroyed any chance of Kinessa being anything in the game.

It's being disheartening to play this week/month. I'm just entering in the game to get my daily reward and leaving... To play other more interesting games.
    HOHOHO. I'm NOT going to let them do it. Make sure I will keep Kinessa alive until Paladins die. No champion shall be replace by a Battlefield Remake camper with no inspiration on his creation. It's like if I make another OP Skye with random skills and having a Counter Strike gameplay.
    Last edited by Omenya; 08-25-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Member Count
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    How to balance Strix:

Remove toggle stealth and have it work more like Skye's hidden but with a shorter cool down. That's all. Strix is a damage champion so he has to have competitive damage capabilities. Comparing him to Kinessa is flawed because Kinessa needs a buff or rework.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterdamHeavy View Post
    My only REAL problem with Strix is that fucking pistol - its ridiculous and needs a lot more recoil or a serious damage reduction.
    I agree the pistol is retarded. Its basically kinessa's carbine with the same fire rate, but a ton more damage and less bullet spread. Its ridiculous how a sniper with no fall off 1300 dmg shots can out damage an androxus at close range.

Beta Player Esquire h0kutenkn1ght's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    You guys must really suck. I own Strix with Kinessa all the time.

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by h0kutenkn1ght View Post
    You guys must really suck. I own Strix with Kinessa all the time.
    Don't lie to me, you haven't played single game as Kinessa against Strix.

Beta Player Esquire h0kutenkn1ght's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroif View Post
    Don't lie to me, you haven't played single game as Kinessa against Strix.

And your elo is 1400
    I purchased Strix minutes after he came out. I've rekt him with Kinessa countless times. I always pick Kinessa if a Strix is picked.

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered
    I purchased Strix minutes after he came out. I've rekt him with Kinessa countless times. I always pick Kinessa if a Strix is picked.
    By "countless times" you mean two matches?

Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Iv rekked a Fernando with Skye... Does not mean crap for balance.
    Beating a player has no relevance on the potential of a champ

Strix has way to many tools compared to other high damage class.
    He needs more close range weakness
    If your teams SUCKS and you find that you can not do anything,... You Suck!

The road to recovery lies in admitting You SUCK!

Doing well with a good team is no indication of true skill.
    Stop name calling an admit that you can do better, and you will.

DONT BE AFRAID TO DIE, ITS THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN NOT TOO...