Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Strix, The Kinessa Killer needs to be Balanced

Forum Moderator Marquess Omenya's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Exclamation Strix, The Kinessa Killer needs to be Balanced

Hello, everyone! I honestly did not want to do criticize something new on Paladins... I need to do it. How you can see, Paladins has released a new Champion called Strix ( For some reason, he has the name of a Trademark of computer add-nos with a owl logo), a Champion with a scoper, like Kinessa does.
    I’m here to express my sincere opinions about Strix. If you don’t agree with nothing I’m going to say, please... don’t start to cursing me like a toxic. I’m here not to offend anyone, i’m just going to say my conclusions about this character.

I never got so frustrated and disappointed with a Paladins Champion before. For me, He’s the most broken character I ever seen in a game. It was not enough that Paladins had a Scoper and now there is another one with Random OP Skills? A Invisible Sniper? Kinessa was not enough? I never complained about a Champion like that before, but Strix killed Kinessa players after that. This really triggered me.

I’m going to list his skills now so it will be clearer what I meant here:

Ultra-powered Damage Scope:

Figure that: You’re a nice Jenos with healing cards, healing your teammates, so.. suddenly... You see your body rolling on the ground and seeing your teammated having the same fate. What a terrible fate.

His “Pistol”:

If his scoper wasn’t unfair enough, all flanks that tries to kill Strix are dying like crazy. Even the nice flanks can’t kill him. They did a scoper that can flank as well! What a MESS!

Stealth:

That is the most broken skill of Paladins. It’s like a Skye with a scope that has a almost infinite Stealth. The worst of all, is the fact if you fire with Stealth actived, you scope will take more damage, more that he already has!

His FLARE:

That is the most unfair thing I ever seen. It’s impossible to flank with a flare that reveals almost all the Map. It’s like a Cassie infinite Ultimate. Skyes really get lost after that. I feel to sorry for all teammates that flanks. That’s not fair. Not cool.

He really needs a ULTRA nerf before everyone get mad at him. For now... Just watch out with your heads!

Oh. The image from above? It’s just little joke. Have fun playing Paladins!

With love and disappointed
    Omenya.

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    They really need us to buy skins and shizzle

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Omenya,

Thank you for your very well written and analysed post. I recently posted a thread outlining many issues that you have also talked about (title is: Strix - This MUST be fixed... - it's currently second or third under Balanced feedback).

From the replies I've received it seems that the majority of players are severely frustrated with Strix. The main issue stems from the insane amount of damage he can do both on his rifle and pistol at both short and long ranges.

Other issues like the flare, ultimate, sound of bolts, stealth, no tracer etc are all mentioned but in my opinion the main balance-breaking issue is the damage.

All in all I think Strix is in desperate need of some Tweaks otherwise Hi-Rez might find that quite a few players will go elsewhere in frustration... *cough* Overwatch *cough*

Anyway, we will keep our fingers crossed and hope Hi-Rez will do something soon!

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I'm utterly confused about how you guys are struggling to counter this champion. I've played him to a decent level, and am experienced with his abilities and his inabilities. I do not find him "Overpowered" or "In need of ULTRA Nerfs". Lets start off with the fact that you both mentioned his flare as OP, well he doesn't always have a flare on his flank does he... no. SO arguing that a flare counters him being flanked is pointless. Also if you mention the bonus damage out of stealth, then he doesn't have stealth legendary so his invisibility isn't good. You guys try to make your arguments all grammatically correct and important, but your arguments are very biast. Could he use a very slight nerf like maybe less flare detection yes, but not much more. If you only put him up against champions hes stronger than, hes OP, but if you put him up against Viktor, drogoz, Tyra, or any other champion that could easily kill him, he's not OP in the slightest. Try to make your arguments more empathetic, understanding all angles. I find him enjoyable to my play stile, more rewarding if you hit your shots, I like champions like Androxus and Kinessa, but if you give him to someone who only plays champions like lian, willow, or drogoz, they will dislike him and think he is not good.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    bashensky,

I just commented on your reply on my threadz so so go and take a look. I'll start of by saying that you make some excellent points regarding the legendary and the rewarding sensation of landing your shots. Both of which I fully agree with.

However, evidentially I am not alone regarding the issues pertinent to Strix. Personally, upon playing Strix, I found my playstyle to be more focused on flanking (perhaps because this is my main way of playing) and I often found myself enganging in 2 ways: 1) taking a shot in stealth, dealing 1495 damage, switching to my pistol and landing 2 or 3 shots rapidly to finish them off OR 2) Taking a shot outside of stealth, stealth up, repositioning and then simply taking another shot while in stealth to finish them off...

Either way, I had no issue going up against most champions. Whether that be Victor, Lex, or even Tyra. My main issue was champions who could use gap closera or were incredibly fast such as Androxus, Evie or Maeve.

In terms of the Flare issue. I never really used it while playing Strix so I can't comment on that side of things but I can say that in the recieving end it feels almost like an eternity that the reveal logo is shown and the area of effect seems to be massive. Making it very difficult to judge when to move forward to try and engage Strix as you are unsure whether he has seen you or not...

Anyway, thanks for your input. It's definitely some food for thought!

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester

Unhappy Nerf strix plz

Okay so Hi-Rez came out with this new champion that is not only a sniper but an invisible sniper like WTF i'm a Sha lin main and I find it almost impossible to kill Strix and i imagine Kinessa mains are struggling too not only can Strix go invisible whenever he desires but he's also a sniper which means illuminate becomes useless because Strix being a sniper is out of illuminates ranger even if it's max the only way you can try and kill him is only if you can get up close to and flank him but again he has a side arm that deals a decent amount of damage as well.The only time you can actually land a shot is after he shoots you first because he snipes far away while still invisible yes that's right not only can he go invisible BUT HE CAN SHOOT WHILE INVISIBLE TOO and yes i know he immediately goes out of invis afterwards but it's a 1 second cool-down and i didn't factor in the fact that first you have to find where he's shooting from and by the time you have a general guess of where he is you're already dead.Please just do something about this because it is legitimately IMPOSSIBLE to kill Strix as sniper without you trying to flank.It doesn't need to be like a huge huge nerf just make it so that he cant shoot while still in stealth maybe make it so that when he scopes in he's out of stealth or something PLEASE JUST DO SOMETHING i can't play my main when there's a Strix on the enemy team.Thank you for taking time out of your day to read this.Please comment some feedback if you can because i'd really really appreciate it.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 3 months registered
    I have never had trouble with trix, in any position. I don't know what the fuss is about. I don't even get illuminate for him. If I'm sha Lin, which I main him too, I kill him every time, or I flee before I die.
    The ones who still need nerfs, are jenos, Lian, and nando.
    Maybe even Lex after this patch. He's kinda broken.

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Hey, don't be so butthurt, Strix can shoot one bullet when in stealth. Also there's this item called: Illuminate, yeah it shows people in stealth.

Also, they could add a yellow trace to the bullets he shoots, like kinessa's blue ones.

There are already very very much threads for this. very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much.
    Hi

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Well, Zhin can counter everything he does, exept his stealth, which can be countered by Illuminate. So I don't see those crybaby's screaming: ''He Can Kill Every Flank!''
    Hi

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by IvJo View Post
    Well, Zhin can counter everything he does, exept his stealth, which can be countered by Illuminate. So I don't see those crybaby's screaming: ''He Can Kill Every Flank!''
    You realize that people come here to discuss or just read topic and chill right? I've seen shit comments that basically say, "You're a fucking noob for saying this or that" in about half of the newer topics. So let's get this straight, 1500 ELO casual/ranked in Gold 4 is trying to act mighty and just makes us needs to read his crap every few minutes...

Learn your place and let people that actually want to discuss balance or have a good time talk. Thanks.