Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff Evie (Noobs triggered)

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I agree that Evie should be able to use Blink while in Ice Block but Blick should cancel Ice Block for .1sec - .3sec before it activates so a very skilled played can still head-shot Evie before she disappears.
    The process will be automatic but still leave a small window to shoot at her.
    That will ensure that players with slower PCs won't be worse Evie players because of the Blink delay.

Evie's projectile(bullet) speed was already increased by 100% so further increase would take away one of the main Evie's characteristics, her slow projectiles. If you want to hit you gotta practice!

What I suggest is to make Evie's projectile always deal at least 450 damage even if don't hit an enemy directly because many people jump all the time making it MUCH harder for Evie to shoot them.
    Jumping should still makes things more difficult for Evie but not as much!
    Also increase the splash radius a bit for the same reason.

About adding damage drop-off to Evie's main (and only) weapon - reduce damage according to distance - I agree.
    Evie should deal less damage, about 630, to targets beyond medium range. It will be still hard to snipe people with her slow projectiles that's why I said 630 and not 450 or something lower.
    Last edited by TheLionLegend; 08-21-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    HOW TO BALANCE
    >>>SKYE<<<
    WELL THOUGHT IDEAS

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeinzure View Post
    Level 48 with KD below 2 and elo below 2k . Should i trust this thread? perhaps not
    Don't be rude man.

PS: This thread title is on point 10/10.
    Common abbreviations

OP = Overpowered or Original Poster
    UP = Underpowered
    MM = Matchmaking
    ST = Support Ticket
    OW = Overwatch
    HR/ Hirez/ HiRez/ Hi-Rez/ Hi-rez/ Hi Rez/ Hi rez = HiRez Studios
    TP = Triumph Points
    POTG = Play of the Game
    Dev(s) = Developer(s)
    /s = Sarcasm
    /10char = Ignore it.
    TTK = Time to kill.
    VM = Vertical mobility. (If VM limits a pro's potential, it completely annihilates any chance for a noob, I use this knowledge so I don't cry myself to bed every night :^) )

Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    You don't know when a champion needs changes if you have played 1 Hour and 25 minutes with Evie. She is fine now, I don't play her like, ever, but she isn't bad atm.
    Terminus Main.

Loadout:
    HM* II - Devestation I - Despoiler II - Necro Might IV - Wrecking Ball III

*Hulking Monstrosity

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    noooooo with the buff to skyla in the next patch she are fine, maybe nerf.

Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    No nerfs no buffs, no nothing
    Terminus Main.

Loadout:
    HM* II - Devestation I - Despoiler II - Necro Might IV - Wrecking Ball III

*Hulking Monstrosity

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewick View Post
    I'm gonna break this down.

Fire rate was buffed recently. It used to be incredibly slow. And honestly? We all loved it like that. Why SHOULD something that deals 930 damage be able to fly at the speed of light? Next, you say she can't escape most situations, especially from ice block? She is the most mobile character in the game. She can fly for two seconds (up to four if you change your cards) and she can teleport every four seconds. Wanna know how to not die after Ice Block? Buff the Damage Reduction card when you get out of ice block. Seriously, it all depends on your loadout. Also you can aim your blink reticle while inside iceblock.

Fire rate =/= projectile speed, dont get all mixed up

Agree with the rest of your post tho, evie is still one of the best harrasser / finisher of the game, she's just easier to play now that you can snipe with her and they removed what made her unique (double blink bonus damage, slow as fk projectile and spam your face style)
    I wont pay a dime for this game, like, ever, because they do milk the cow, your wallet is power!

Want to create a forum team? Check it here : http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...orum-quot-team

On strike right now, no Paladins untill MM is fixed

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by NKWiewior View Post
    I was playing some Evie recently to see how it feels to be an annoying snow witch but first few things i've noticed is that she's incredibly weak despite the 900 dmg per shot. Fire rate is pathetic, there is no way to escape from most situatuins if you're in ice block and projectile is at the speed of Drogoz rocket. So my suggestions are:

Faster fire rate and projectile speed

It's not a mystery that it's super easy to outplay Evie at long distance just by the fact that she can't spam bullets everywhere and her bullets are super slow. My suggestion is to up this fire rate and projectile speed by let's say 25% and take away a bit of damage if necessary this way at least it'll be possible to shoot down escaping targets at longer distances than 10 meters.

Make blink usable while in iceblock

I died countless times because i was just in the situation where enemy just camps next to ice block and shoots me down as soon as it goes away. I didn't even had any chance to escape. My suggestion is making blink usable when you're in ice block this will make escape waaaay easier and eliminate the factor of luck when ice blocking near enemy to save your life.

Well that's all for now. Maybe cooldowns should be also a bit less harsh but overall i've specified the things that bother me the most.
    i've noticed is that she's incredibly weak
    = im bad

Faster fire rate and projectile speed
    = kent aym

Make blink usable while in iceblock
    = i want izi

misrabel post 1/10
    Speed Enthusiast

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Hi there,

Evie is my favourite champion and just wanted to add my thoughts on this.

In my view, the old Reprieve Legendary has gotten many of us Evie players in the bad habit of playing carelessly, of which I'm also guilty of. If you're Ice Blocking and there are people waiting for you, then you've probably pushed a bit too hard and got out of position. I think it's only fair for people to be able to punish for careless play. To play Evie well, I think game knowledge and "Yomi" (fighting game definition) are key to success.

Quote Originally Posted by NKWiewior View Post
    I died countless times because i was just in the situation where enemy just camps next to ice block and shoots me down as soon as it goes away. I didn't even had any chance to escape. My suggestion is making blink usable when you're in ice block this will make escape waaaay easier and eliminate the factor of luck when ice blocking near enemy to save your life.
    Unfortunately, as above, I don't think it's luck. If you executed your plan poorly and allowed your opponent to get the upper hand, which forced you into Ice Block then that's fair game right?

I'm not an amazing Evie so if you want to see one, I would definitely recommend you check out DefNotHanzo videos on YouTube. They are a bit old but most of his tips still apply. To poke your interest a bit more he does explain why Blinking right after Ice Block is a bad idea.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    None of these buffs will really do anything other than make Evie an even more brainless champion than she's been already reduced to. The reason Evie fell out of the meta because she lost everything that actually justified picking her which was the extremely high mobility/safety behind playing her and the her quick burst. Evie was the definition of a dive bomb flank who could run around the place, disrupt, and pop in for a quick kill before leaving instantly the next second. Then OB 53 came around with the projectile changes which took away this burst, but the projectile speed made Evie more consistent and back then mobility still existed within the flank class to keep them viable, albeit Evie's kit started to feel more out of place. OB 54 came around and significantly reduced the mobility and sustain of Evie. Even when Evie lost her quick burst she still had high amounts of mobility and survivability to back her up and a mobility meta was still dominant, but now she lost the only relic she had of her old self which also was the only things making her viable. Now she doesn't have the slippery mobility and sustain like before and her burst wasn't really there either. Tanks also got buffed which then caused a bruiser meta to ensue further pushing Evie's viability down since tanks were now better at doing her only remaining redeeming quality which as disruption. Tbh, they'd have to rescind the changes made in OB 53 and OB 54 (minus the Reprieve nerf because that would be too much) to really put her back into the meta and also hopefully have something to keep Lian and Cassie in check.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    So, some history for someone that has started to play her only recently... Evie was a short-quarter harasser: she has to come close to deal dmg (that's why she is so mobile but her projectiles were so slow). Blink in, shoot, blink out/soar. You must be good in timing, positioning, aiming...
    Noobs were crying: some for being killed by Evie, some other for not being able to play with her.
    HiRez super buffed her projectiles speed.
    Result: noobs started to play her as a sniper with area dmg. Not good. Everyone was getting easy kills with Evie.
    HiRez super nerfed her mobility.
    Result: since blinking equals to move of about 5 meters, noobs are even more happy to stay in their own base and snipe. -_-'

What Evie needs:
    1) bring back the old shoot speed
    2) bring back the old blink distance
    3) add lag compensation (that was the only thing we were asking before the big mess they did to her)

4) super wish: bring back Wormhole 2, instead of 4.
    End of the Evie's needs. Thanks for attention.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Help Devs balancing the game! >>>Here<<<

Revert the nerf. And see the Math. link

Arkesntar, clean your inbox!