Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Buff Evie (Noobs triggered)

Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Blink in Ice Block should become a thing. As a passive of course, like ''You can only blink in iceblock every 30 secs''.

RipEvie. No Reason To Play This Game Anymore.

Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by NKWiewior View Post
    I was playing some Evie recently to see how it feels to be an annoying snow witch but first few things i've noticed is that she's incredibly weak despite the 900 dmg per shot. Fire rate is pathetic, there is no way to escape from most situatuins if you're in ice block and projectile is at the speed of Drogoz rocket. So my suggestions are:

Faster fire rate and projectile speed

It's not a mystery that it's super easy to outplay Evie at long distance just by the fact that she can't spam bullets everywhere and her bullets are super slow. My suggestion is to up this fire rate and projectile speed by let's say 25% and take away a bit of damage if necessary this way at least it'll be possible to shoot down escaping targets at longer distances than 10 meters.

Make blink usable while in iceblock

I died countless times because i was just in the situation where enemy just camps next to ice block and shoots me down as soon as it goes away. I didn't even had any chance to escape. My suggestion is making blink usable when you're in ice block this will make escape waaaay easier and eliminate the factor of luck when ice blocking near enemy to save your life.

Well that's all for now. Maybe cooldowns should be also a bit less harsh but overall i've specified the things that bother me the most.
    For faster fire rate, sorry but I don't think this would help, and her projectile speed used to be half of what it is now, that to buff it again is just weird. I think a straight up damage increase would be better. Possibly just too 1k, so she can two shoot again. As for blinking while in Ice Block: Fun fact, back in 2016 when I started playing Paladins, she could do that. I would love to see this come back again.
    R.I.P. Makoa Googly Eyes and Volcanic Body Skin Combo
    Died OB59

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU

#ValkureFanboy

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Guys, a small suggestion. I was here just for few days before they removed the blink while in ice block, so I didn't even know about game mechanics or similar (I was too busy in finding where the point was ^^' ), but I remember Evie being blatantly OP.
    So, have a walk for the internet realm and watch a couple of gold-old-time Evie videos. Because I really think you are asking for something INCREDIBLY broken.

I know that Evie got nerfed and very bad, but asking for a broken ability is not good for balancing her. It would be better to fix the dreadful nerf, instead. With that blink from ice block, she would be unkillable. Think about how you can deal with an enemy Evie, not just on how you will perform AS Evie.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    let me give you my profile on paladins guru so that you can see that i main evie and have a lot of gameplay time to actually say something about her http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/Kurosaki27

Now i thing evie is really good at this spoint if you are a damn pro, like you have spent hours and hours trying to learn her. I was shit with her even at level 12, i would just die so many times but then i practiced like hell and i got better. The bad thing is that you really need to spend time on her too much time but may be even then you cant survive long because there are so many broken champs now, like strix, he just fucking hides all the time and hits you in the head and with 1800 health you are one shot dead. And he doesnt have fucking cooldowns, just wow. same is lian she is too much damage.

These champs that can deal hell lot of damage wont let evie survive because of their pin point damage. So now i can say that may be she needs some buffs, like give the blink distance back to her so that she is mobile enough, Or may be give her back the ability to blink while iceblocked. Or projectile speed buff.

I am saying all of this because the new players who start playing evie just cant make it, they quit very easily after loosing so many matches in a row and dealing no damage at all, because this champ really needs pro skills to be able to participate in game. new players would prefer lian or lex or may be andro and willo over evie beacause they are much more damage agile and have better health. With evie you cant survive if you are not using a wurmhole, which has been nerfed by reducing the blink distance.

Peace
    Last edited by Kurosaki27; 09-11-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    You know the worst part about playing Evie? High ping. Every match with her when I get high ping I play horribly because my shots miss or I get destroyed coming out of an ice block.
    Looking for skilled friends to carry me. Add me on Steam (Blueobelisk) and/or in-game (Blueobelisk) so we can play a bit together. [North America, PC]

News flash: Front Line and Support are the easiest roles to play. Running onto the objective and throwing a shield up doesn't take skill. Neither does auto aim healing.

Latest Youtube Video: Makoa + Two Friends vs. Scrubs

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 Overdrive Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosaki27 View Post
    I am saying all of this because the new players who start playing evie just cant make it, they quit very easily after loosing so many matches in a row and dealing no damage at all
    Ehm, actually the problem is the opposite. Playing Evie now is so damn easy, that every newbie pick her. They go on a high ground and spend the whole game there, while sniping enemies. This is not how Evie was meant to be. So, the problem is to bring back the old dynamic in her game style, in order to require the beloved skill that were needed to play her.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Every match with her when I get high ping I play horribly because my shots miss or I get destroyed coming out of an ice block.
    High ping? With 70 my Evie is already dead. :-/
    I've finally found it!

Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NKWiewior View Post
    I was playing some Evie recently to see how it feels to be an annoying snow witch but first few things i've noticed is that she's incredibly weak despite the 900 dmg per shot. Fire rate is pathetic, there is no way to escape from most situatuins if you're in ice block and projectile is at the speed of Drogoz rocket. So my suggestions are:

Faster fire rate and projectile speed

It's not a mystery that it's super easy to outplay Evie at long distance just by the fact that she can't spam bullets everywhere and her bullets are super slow. My suggestion is to up this fire rate and projectile speed by let's say 25% and take away a bit of damage if necessary this way at least it'll be possible to shoot down escaping targets at longer distances than 10 meters.

Make blink usable while in iceblock

I died countless times because i was just in the situation where enemy just camps next to ice block and shoots me down as soon as it goes away. I didn't even had any chance to escape. My suggestion is making blink usable when you're in ice block this will make escape waaaay easier and eliminate the factor of luck when ice blocking near enemy to save your life.

Well that's all for now. Maybe cooldowns should be also a bit less harsh but overall i've specified the things that bother me the most.
    She isn't pathetic.

Evie is actually really good. Her blink is on a short cooldown and can be used to escape, close a gap, or confuse the enemy. One of my favorite tricks is to blink above them and shoot while I'm falling.

Her fire rate is fine. It does 930 damage (more than maeve's two daggers minus legendary card) and has a large hitbox. Why do you need to snipe at someone when you can just use blink and close the gap or use Soar and fly after them? The key to evie is learning how to predict your target and knowing how fast your projectile moves and killing them. She's a flank for a reason. Flanks excel in CQC.

Blinking in iceblock? No thanks. I remember there used to be a bug or it was in the game where you could blink while in iceblock if I'm not mistaken. That would make her almost impossible to kill if the player knew what they were doing. What they should do is remove the ability delay on blink and make it so that when you're blinking, it updates faster on enemy screens. I've blinked so many times at like 200 HP and died MID BLINK because on the enemy's screen I hadn't finished blinking. The best way, I've found anyway, to use blink after iceblock ends is just to spam it while in iceblock. As soon as iceblock finishes, I blink and then use soar to get away. Probably about 95% of the time I can get away just fine.

When I play evie I only use reprieve because, imo, it's the only useful card and it allows her to basically reset a fight. She has the most vertical mobility in the game I think. Her blink can be used in any direction and soar flies incredibly fast, especially using that one card that buffs soars flight speed.

I definitely agree with one person earlier saying that they should make her accurate in air. Would make her much better. But honestly I don't see anything to buff on evie.

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Make her iceblock legendary insta heal 800 instead of 1200 over time and also give it a 2s cooldown bonus.

RIP
    Skill based Evie
    -Cause of death-
    Hirez removed her blink bonus damage and buffed her projectile speed
    My champion concert the pirate king

Level
    Achievements:
    Ehm, guys, are you serious? ^^'
    We want Evie to be balanced and high-skill, not to be BLATANTLY BROKEN. If I could ice-block every 4 seconds (between loadouts and your suggestion), to have immediately so many HP and insta-exit (and we all know what is great ice block insta-exit for!), no Evie would EVER die. And for how much I can find it great, while playing as Evie, I also think it would be impossible to deal when the Evie is in enemy team.

Please, put your feet back on the ground. We're asking for a balanced buff, not for a miracle. :-/
    I've finally found it!

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    To survive is the point of that legendary

RIP
    Skill based Evie
    -Cause of death-
    Hirez removed her blink bonus damage and buffed her projectile speed
    My champion concert the pirate king