Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff Evie (Noobs triggered)

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered

Lightbulb Buff Evie (Noobs triggered)

I was playing some Evie recently to see how it feels to be an annoying snow witch but first few things i've noticed is that she's incredibly weak despite the 900 dmg per shot. Fire rate is pathetic, there is no way to escape from most situatuins if you're in ice block and projectile is at the speed of Drogoz rocket. So my suggestions are:

Faster fire rate and projectile speed

It's not a mystery that it's super easy to outplay Evie at long distance just by the fact that she can't spam bullets everywhere and her bullets are super slow. My suggestion is to up this fire rate and projectile speed by let's say 25% and take away a bit of damage if necessary this way at least it'll be possible to shoot down escaping targets at longer distances than 10 meters.

Make blink usable while in iceblock

I died countless times because i was just in the situation where enemy just camps next to ice block and shoots me down as soon as it goes away. I didn't even had any chance to escape. My suggestion is making blink usable when you're in ice block this will make escape waaaay easier and eliminate the factor of luck when ice blocking near enemy to save your life.

Well that's all for now. Maybe cooldowns should be also a bit less harsh but overall i've specified the things that bother me the most.
    Current members of "Retarded dps" club:
    Buck (Our brand new addiction)
    Androxus
    Maeve
    Lex
    Why i hate playing supports:
    https://i.redd.it/jlbad0uvclwy.jpg
    No. Combat Medic is not a good Acrobatics rework.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered
    Nooooooooo!

Leave her be

She doesn't need a buff or a nerf. (If she receives even the slightest buff people will cry and she will be nerfed even harder lol)

Trick with Evie is to be the aggressor. Use soar to gain the element of suprise and land the first hit. Sniping is pointless, soon as someone spots you and returns fire you will be outgunned due to a slow fire rate.

Get in close from the flank/behind and you will be ok against the vast majority of DPS/Flanks

Pro Tip, end the ice block early...most champs reload soon as they see it go up in preparation to gun you down. If you've done enough damage, you can sneak the kill shot, if not, blink and soar out of there (I always run Chronos, you need access to blink/soar as much as possible in order to do good and increase survivabilty)

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Hey, just a quick correction I'd like to make:

Your title implies that noobs will be triggered by your suggestion, but really that's not the case.
    Those who are against Evie being buffed aren't noobs, it's the ones who are asking for her to be buffed (people like you) that are noobs.

Listen mate, I understand why you want her buffed. She was overpowered, you liked that because she was the only champion you played well on (since your no good when the game is fair), but you need to move on. You will get better over time, and you won't need to exploit overpowered champions.

So for now my suggestion is to stick to your low level matches until you get better.

Member Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by EvieIsAnOpChamp View Post
    Hey, just a quick correction I'd like to make:

Your title implies that noobs will be triggered by your suggestion, but really that's not the case.
    Those who are against Evie being buffed aren't noobs, it's the ones who are asking for her to be buffed (people like you) that are noobs.

Listen mate, I understand why you want her buffed. She was overpowered, you liked that because she was the only champion you played well on (since your no good when the game is fair), but you need to move on. You will get better over time, and you won't need to exploit overpowered champions.

So for now my suggestion is to stick to your low level matches until you get better.
    Man. Did you even read my post? I said i started to play her recently i had no idea if she was OP before or UP and i don't care about it. I'm not Evie main. You can even check who's my main on http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/NKWiewior thing that i care about now is that she's just above Skye and Maeve in terms of effectiveness in my opinion. You didn't brought anything useful to topic by the pathetic assumption that i'm an Evie main just by reading the title.

PS: 1 hour of playtime isn't enough to claim that champions are OP
    Last edited by NKWiewior; 08-21-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    Androxus
    Maeve
    Lex

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 2
    Level 48 with KD below 2 and elo below 2k . Should i trust this thread? perhaps not
    #MAKE MAEVE GREAT AGAIN
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ho5-BmvzTk&t=0s
    Plebs. So many plebs.

Open this link pleb

http://paladins.guru/leaderboards/ki...champion=maeve
    http://imgur.com/m1lbblW - Maeve competitive penta kill

Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    If you just started to play new champion then you dont have enough experience to suggest changes.
    Not sure if this is your only account, but I can see you have roughly 1H 30M gametime with her...

What a joke

Member Sovereign Prince Eloxist's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    I respect your opinion but I honestly have to disagree.

I do think she needs a bit of a buff in some areas but it's mostly lag compensation issues with blink, iceblock and her primary fire not registering.

I'd also like to see an addition of 3 second cooldown reduction to soar on the Over the Moon card and increase the distance of the teleport card and Thats it

My issue with the blink nerf is that you could spend 2 - 3 points to get 50% - 75% increase distance on blink (let's be honest here, the base blink distance is pathetic) and if you wanted to be overkill; spend 4 points for 100%

I had plenty of builds with teleport being level 2, 3 or even 4 but now you have to put it at level 4 for a decent distant which leaves you with less room to play with the cards (of course I'm refering to my playstyle, who knows there might be people that make a build withouth a level 4 teleport and make it work)

I suggest that you play the character more, try new builds and you will notice that your suggested changes won't be neccesary c:

Cheers!

Edit: I forgot to add Make her accurate in mid air for crying out loud. Aswell as either decrease the casting time of her ultimate or make it so she can use it from afar.
    Last edited by Eloxist; 08-21-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    The last few patches sure as hell have turned up the desaturation on the fun palette.

Some stuff that might help!
    The ultimate Evie guide!
    Haven and Blast shields damage reduction charts
    List of Evie's current bugs
    How to properly fix Evie. Join the discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Joccasela View Post
    Jenos can catch up with Evie by choking a flying bunny.

Member Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloxist View Post
    I respect your opinion but I honestly have to disagree.

I do think she needs a bit of a buff in some areas but it's mostly lag compensation issues with blink, iceblock and her primary fire not registering.

I'd also like to see an addition of 3 second cooldown reduction to soar on the Over the Moon card and increase the distance of the teleport card and Thats it

My issue with the blink nerf is that you could spend 2 - 3 points to get 50% - 75% increase distance on blink (let's be honest here, the base blink distance is pathetic) and if you wanted to be overkill; spend 4 points for 100%

I had plenty of builds with teleport being level 2, 3 or even 4 but now you have to put it at level 4 for a decent distant which leaves you with less room to play with the cards (of course I'm refering to my playstyle, who knows there might be people that make a build withouth a level 4 teleport and make it work)

I suggest that you play the character more, try new builds and you will notice that your suggested changes won't be neccesary c:

Cheers!
    Finally some constructive criticism! Yes i've noticed the lag aswell and over the moon legendary seems kinda meh right now. I've also noticed the really short blink distance. That killed me most of the time when i tested her first anyway i'll play her more for sure when i'll feel like i can play a flank right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeinzure View Post
    Level 48 with KD below 2 and elo below 2k . Should i trust this thread? perhaps not
    You clearly are a plain douche right here. Elo and KD =/= actual skill. Not mentioning that your post is as useless as the one which suggested i'm an Evie main. If you don't have anything useful to say don't say it at all. I don't need you poining at somebody saying "Lol no 2.0 KD and less than 2k elo his opinion means nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Tharapita View Post
    If you just started to play new champion then you dont have enough experience to suggest changes.
    Not sure if this is your only account, but I can see you have roughly 1H 30M gametime with her...

What a joke
    About 1 hour and 30 minutes were enough to notice many of the flaws in Evie's design. I also played against her a lot so this can mean something.
    Last edited by NKWiewior; 08-21-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Androxus
    Maeve
    Lex

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Forum Tier 3
    Evie is fine, but requires skill (Noobs triggered)
    I always play medic in games, and work as one in life.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NKWiewior View Post
    I was playing some Evie recently to see how it feels to be an annoying snow witch but first few things i've noticed is that she's incredibly weak despite the 900 dmg per shot. Fire rate is pathetic, there is no way to escape from most situatuins if you're in ice block and projectile is at the speed of Drogoz rocket. So my suggestions are:

Faster fire rate and projectile speed

It's not a mystery that it's super easy to outplay Evie at long distance just by the fact that she can't spam bullets everywhere and her bullets are super slow. My suggestion is to up this fire rate and projectile speed by let's say 25% and take away a bit of damage if necessary this way at least it'll be possible to shoot down escaping targets at longer distances than 10 meters.

Make blink usable while in iceblock

I died countless times because i was just in the situation where enemy just camps next to ice block and shoots me down as soon as it goes away. I didn't even had any chance to escape. My suggestion is making blink usable when you're in ice block this will make escape waaaay easier and eliminate the factor of luck when ice blocking near enemy to save your life.

Well that's all for now. Maybe cooldowns should be also a bit less harsh but overall i've specified the things that bother me the most.

I'm gonna break this down.

Fire rate is pathetic, there is no way to escape from most situatuins
    Fire rate was buffed recently. It used to be incredibly slow. And honestly? We all loved it like that. Why SHOULD something that deals 930 damage be able to fly at the speed of light? Next, you say she can't escape most situations, especially from ice block? She is the most mobile character in the game. She can fly for two seconds (up to four if you change your cards) and she can teleport every four seconds. Wanna know how to not die after Ice Block? Buff the Damage Reduction card when you get out of ice block. Seriously, it all depends on your loadout. Also you can aim your blink reticle while inside iceblock.

I died countless times because i was just in the situation where enemy just camps next to ice block and shoots me down as soon as it goes away. I didn't even had any chance to escape.
    All I got from this was, "I tried to hide in my ice block next to two to five enemy players and they didn't ignore me like I thought they would." The best tip for this is to blink somewhere far away, like on a ledge that nobody with low mobility can reach to, and then ice block to recover.

Maybe cooldowns should be also a bit less harsh but overall i've specified the things that bother me the most.
    Cooldowns are harsh? You can reduce iceblock by four seconds. Blink is literally only four second cooldown. Soar is 10 seconds and can be reduced by just two I believe but you can still get chronos and lower even blink by a second. Three second teleportation? That's not harsh at all.

Evie's nerfs was deserved. She was an unstoppable juggernaut that could kill tanks with ease. Even now she's very strong and hard to kill, but people at lower levels finally have a chance to beat her. Before, it was only high-level matches that could deter an evie. All the new people playing against a level 10+ evie had NO chance until her nerfs came out.

Tell me what you think. :>
    You know not with whom you trifle.

Mains:

Sup: Seris
    Flank: Maeve
    Tank: Inara
    Dmg: grohk...