Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranked 2.0 matchmaking

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    lol, that seems to be fair ;D i cant understand how its even possible. Test team and devs (or managers who demanded to have this) should be fired same day when this shit hits the fan

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Overdrive 7 days registered
    my only issue is I don't get how the match making works. how the f i'm being teamed up with bronze palyers?

Member Sovereign Prince missy20201's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Tagger Second Class 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points
    I guess my issue is... why are people so quick to jump on this? It's been two days since the new system was implemented. Of course things haven't balanced out yet. Most players (or at least a lot of them) haven't even been ranked yet. Once everyone's ranked and played some games to work up to the appropriate rank (since bad provisionals can misrepresent skill level) things will be better. Give it a week, I say, and it'll be great. The people that are rage-quitting and threatening to uninstall after two days of uneven games (hello, everyone vs everyone, that's how it works!) are ridiculous imo.

I do want to know exactly how MM is working now though. It makes a lot more sense to only play those in your rank or 1 above and below it, than any rank just based on ELO. A ranked MM would be better.
    I'm a support main

Jenos - Level 9 - 217,716
    Grover - Level 8 - 166,829
    Ying - Level 15 - 141,853
    Seris - Level 9 - 140,847
    Pip - Level 7 - 116,006
    Grohk - Level 6 - 104,265
    Mal'Damba - Level 8 - 71,450 (needs work)

They nerfed Ying again

Time for my inner Grohk main to shine

#UnnerfOzzy

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by missy20201 View Post
    I guess my issue is... why are people so quick to jump on this? It's been two days since the new system was implemented. Of course things haven't balanced out yet. Most players (or at least a lot of them) haven't even been ranked yet. Once everyone's ranked and played some games to work up to the appropriate rank (since bad provisionals can misrepresent skill level) things will be better. Give it a week, I say, and it'll be great. The people that are rage-quitting and threatening to uninstall after two days of uneven games (hello, everyone vs everyone, that's how it works!) are ridiculous imo.

I do want to know exactly how MM is working now though. It makes a lot more sense to only play those in your rank or 1 above and below it, than any rank just based on ELO. A ranked MM would be better.
    At the end of my provisionals I was playing against gold and silver players mostly, and I thought it was good, cause according to the MM I'm skilled enough to play against 'em. I ended up silver I, and I believe that I can get to gold very easily. While people are still complaining, I'm giving the system a try.
    I still don't like OB58

(nor any other patch after that one)

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Overdrive 7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DOPPELGANGER7 View Post
    At the end of my provisionals I was playing against gold and silver players mostly, and I thought it was good, cause according to the MM I'm skilled enough to play against 'em. I ended up silver I, and I believe that I can get to gold very easily. While people are still complaining, I'm giving the system a try.
    i give system a try if they match me with players with the same skills like me, instead i get bronze team mates

Hi-Rez Staff Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 50000 Experience Points
    With more people playing more games the system is starting to settle into place. It was a hard reset so you're bound to have games where very good players are placed with inexperienced players. That's part of how it works. Same goes for qualifications, those aren't going to nail placement out of the gate. That needs data. And the good news is we're getting tons of data.

It's the early days. So far we're seeing a lot of people trying out Ranked 2.0, a lot of people sticking with it. This is giving the matchmaker some great data to work with and creating a healthy ladder that will let players climb and improve incrementally. Good players will rise, perpetually inexperienced players will sink. Great players will make large strides.

Of course if anything really needs to change with the system in the long run, that's entirely doable. Just a matter of letting the system populate and tracking the data. Early indications show things are on track, the system is getting the info it needs and shuffling things around accordingly.

We're keeping an eye on it for sure, there's a lot of moving parts. But the TL;DR here is that it's the early days, more games & more people is a good recipe for improved match making.

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezJuJu View Post
    With more people playing more games the system is starting to settle into place. It was a hard reset so you're bound to have games where very good players are placed with inexperienced players. That's part of how it works. Same goes for qualifications, those aren't going to nail placement out of the gate. That needs data. And the good news is we're getting tons of data.

It's the early days. So far we're seeing a lot of people trying out Ranked 2.0, a lot of people sticking with it. This is giving the matchmaker some great data to work with and creating a healthy ladder that will let players climb and improve incrementally. Good players will rise, perpetually inexperienced players will sink. Great players will make large strides.

Of course if anything really needs to change with the system in the long run, that's entirely doable. Just a matter of letting the system populate and tracking the data. Early indications show things are on track, the system is getting the info it needs and shuffling things around accordingly.

We're keeping an eye on it for sure, there's a lot of moving parts. But the TL;DR here is that it's the early days, more games & more people is a good recipe for improved match making.
    Holly dang, finally got a word of a staff member. Thanks Juju, hope the people who is overeacting to these initial issues get to read it and finally understand what is happening.

Ps: You should be the official caster for the Patch notes live.

Ps2: Bring Drybear back from wherever hole he is hidding in.
    I still don't like OB58

(nor any other patch after that one)

Hi-Rez Staff Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 4 50000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DOPPELGANGER7 View Post
    Holly dang, finally got a word of a staff member. Thanks Juju, hope the people who is overeacting to these initial issues get to read it and finally understand what is happening.

Ps: You should be the official caster for the Patch notes live.

Ps2: Bring Drybear back from wherever hole he is hidding in.
    I enjoy when I get to go hang out on the Patch shows and dev updates. Always a good time. They have a great squad who runs production and puts that together.

I don't think you've heard the last of Drybear. He's working on...things. He's a creative dude.

But yeah, Ranked in general kind of brings with it a bit more emotion and focus. I can definitely understand people having concerns, there's a lot of new stuff to parse through and not all of it will be immediately clear. But I'll be playing through along with everyone, getting that first hand experience as well. We have a good idea how this should work out based on experience and testing, just a matter of keeping a close eye on it and ensuring reality matches expectations.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 3 months registered 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezJuJu View Post
    I don't think you've heard the last of Drybear. He's working on...things. He's a creative dude.
    Please be a dragon ball game, please be a dragon ball game, please be a dragon ball game.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger.

Booster Moderator
    “OB63 introduces a new type of Moderator that acts as a Ban Booster, not only for you, but also your entire mod team! These unique Legendary ban skins are available for every champion and include custom ban and banhammer animation.”

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    So I hate the matchmaking, I am currently in Plat IV, and I get paired with Silver Players? What is this? Fix this Hi-Rez, please. I have lost 5 in a row due to these sucky noobs. I am going to try playing in EU, since they may have less brainless people than NA.