Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranked 2.0 matchmaking

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by NerijusX View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/Q4NtqkW.jpg
    2.0 in breakdown - matchmaking worse than it's ever been.

I was even matched with lvl 15 account in one game while myself 117lvl...
    So far i'm super disappointed. Time to play other games, go fix your nonsense, it's unplayable.
    Are you still in provisionals? Or are you ranked, and like a gold or plat or diamond vs people with no border at all? Because if you're still in provisionals, yeah, it's everyone vs everyone until you get ranked and work your way up to balanced games. I've heard it's actually much better than before, once you get through your first 15 and move up a few tiers
    I'm a support main

Jenos - Level 9 - 217,716
    Grover - Level 7 - 166,829
    Ying - Level 15 - 141,853
    Seris - Level 8 - 137,108
    Pip - Level 5 - 116,006
    Grohk - Level 5 - 104,265
    Mal'Damba - Level 8 - 71,450 (needs work)

They unnerfed Ying!!!

Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class
    Btw in provisionals, it's everyone against everyone. After you rank up and get your rank it will go back to normal.
    Everything after OB44 has become total TRASH expect for OB56.

I'm the trash man

Current rank:Promoted to Diamond V

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered Tagger Second Class
    I think it will be a while before match making is balanced out. All of my games have had many people running provisionals still. And even them I'm not sure what it's comparing. My team had me, a bronze, as the only ranked player. The other team had 3 golds and a silver. So if it's matching based on elo.... I'd love to know what Hirez's definition of elo is.

The vast majority of games have at most 3 ranked and the rest are all unranked. And I have yet to see another bronze in any game so far. So, It will be a few weeks before everyone settles in and we see a few un-ranked players from time to time checking out ranked.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by missy20201 View Post
    Are you still in provisionals? Or are you ranked, and like a gold or plat or diamond vs people with no border at all? Because if you're still in provisionals, yeah, it's everyone vs everyone until you get ranked and work your way up to balanced games. I've heard it's actually much better than before, once you get through your first 15 and move up a few tiers
    nope im not in provisionals
    Just finished that bs games, lost like 60%, can remember maybe 1-2 decent teams from provisional games, just horrible experience

Dont think this really matters if you in provisionals or passed this. Matchmaking still the same.
    http://i.imgur.com/oijhd0u.jpg
    i was lowest "elo" in all match, in my side gold nando/tyra and silver ying. couldnt believe what im seeing to be fair.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Partunu View Post
    I think it will be a while before match making is balanced out. All of my games have had many people running provisionals still. And even them I'm not sure what it's comparing. My team had me, a bronze, as the only ranked player. The other team had 3 golds and a silver. So if it's matching based on elo.... I'd love to know what Hirez's definition of elo is.

The vast majority of games have at most 3 ranked and the rest are all unranked. And I have yet to see another bronze in any game so far. So, It will be a few weeks before everyone settles in and we see a few un-ranked players from time to time checking out ranked.
    this all elo system cancerous. I sweat my ass and carry team alone 30min, then we lost and you get punched into your elo same as those afk casual "wanabe-good" players. If you do good in you match shouldnt be penalized like rest of the team, just saying...

Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    I don't mind the new rank system.

It's the matchmaking system. Why do you have to be grouped with various levels? why can't you be grouped with the same ranks?

Unless not enough people are there yet? It's so frustrating.

Member Count
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 10000 Experience Points
    This game is ruined and totally out of balance now:

-worst matchmaking ever, now even worse than before ranked 2.0
    -still 50% winning rate, so the game puts you in bad teams on purpose to make you lose and waste time, just cos this game is meant for casual players that want to win sometimes without much effort.
    -too often players in team that are totally lost, don't know how to play, what do to and end up with less than 10k damage or less than 10k healing as healer or even worse just troll around
    -the whole wrecker/cauterize counter for shields/healing needs a rework, because too many players just buy the wrong things and then your team is doomed to lose and you alone can't prevent it. so it would be much better if there were lower (or no) shields and less healing and therefor slightly higher HP points for certain champs. just to make it easier for your so much wanted reach-to-casual-players.
    because as it is now, players that come from other competitive teambased shooter games will lose interest and leave this game soon.

champs:

-lian/lex unfair autoaim champs that just have to spam to make it even easier for bad players to have a feeling of success
    -evie blinks in your face, shoots on ground and her huge aoe damage just kills you, even when you thought you escaped or she flees into an iceblock and bores you to death
    -zhin slices you to death and you can't do anything about it because he blocks every damage or he is suddenly immune, flees, heals fully and comes back to screw you
    -fernando just runs in your face, burns you down or spams his fireball every 3 seconds on you and slow champs like tyra have just no chance in a duel vs him
    -torvald...on certain maps he can easily blow the whole team into death from the capture point and decide a match on his own also at the end of pushing the payload
    -maeve...mostly you can't really locate and see her flying daggers, so you just hear cling cling and are soon stabbed to death. she attacks and escapes like a bat.

bugs:

-sound fucked up, often you hear (viktors) ultimate sounds 3-4 times after another, even after you died and respawned, you hear it again or you hear tyras or ruckus weapon still rattling after you respawned in the room. also you often hear distant echoed voicebinds in the spawnroom.
    -big champs get stuck easily on certain maps even when riding on the horse, massive clipping bugs.
    -replay bug: you see a torvald topplay in competitive and suddenly the ruckus in your team also has a torvald skin, so you see torvald killing torvald...
    -stability and performance seem to be worse than ever, even keypresses often don't react and you have to press a button twice to trigger an ability, besides weird slowdown/frame drops during match that did not occur in earlier versions.

Wallachi always closes my thread to this topic. I think his task is only to clean up the forum instead of forwarding the opinions and issues.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Suggesting that anyone can carry in this game is dangerous. I've been in multiple games with top 100 players while they were they only person over 2000 elo. Guess what? They lost every game because the other Team had multiple 2500 plus on it to balance out the elo. Those 2500 plus converted consistent kills against the under 2000s, and the pro was left fighting 3v1 or 2v1, which they (contrary to the interwebs) do not often win.

Identifying the bad player on the other team and killing them creates a 5v4, and that can easily snowball into a wipe. You always target the weakest link.

Your individual skill can only shine when the teams are balanced internally and externally. Otherwise it's a stomp, and even the pro players complain about playing with low elo players, because they are too heavy to carry.

Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Let me help finish that sentence:

RANKED 2.0 MM IS TOTAL GARBAGE. I've only gotten 1 close match so far, and even then it was because the tanks on the enemy team clearly had some sort of freaking brain damage (it was a win, of course. I didn't get teammates that were that stupid). I've been raging about it over the past couple of days, and no, not everyone is suffering it. There is NO WAY I can be expected to believe that everyone past Silver 2 had as shitty of MM luck as I'm having right now, because I've already lost seven games to people inting so hard the game is ALWAYS lost in less than 10 minutes.

This feels worse than the old competitive, where at least I didn't ALWAYS LOSE 0-4 or 1-4 because half of my team is mentally retarded. (Like that (Probably by LUCK) Gold Tyra complaining about a Zhin and getting BLAST SHIELDS).
    BEST BARIK IN GOLD?

Other Potential Picks:

Tanks: Ruckus, Ash, Fernando, Makoa(?)
    Support: Pip, Jenos
    Damage: Strix(?), Bomb King(?)

Is Torvald REALLY dead? Or just reborn? O.o

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points 31 days registered