Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranked 2.0 matchmaking

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauyne View Post
    Competetive 2.1 Idea. If players are unhappy with their Composition they are then allowed to vote unamiously against one player, forcing them to change their Champion and or Role. Players will vote if 3 out of the 5 are unhappy, the 4 out of the 5 Players then vote to select which Role that Players must choose. This should be a seperate mode altogether for Competetive since I can see a lot of uneasiness and salt from this. The biggest reason 80% of the players lose is their Composition, however a lot of players just choose whatever Champion they want to play as, and a bad game is the result. There should be a way to change that, and a voting option when the final pick is made to be available would help some.
    1- What happens if there's a four man stack and you are a solo player? Would you like being forced to play something you dont feel like to?

2- This kind of stuff would ruin the system in the long run, due to players being forced to play only what said tier believes is strong or the comp they feel needed.
    I still don't like OB58

Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 3 months registered
    1- What happens if there's a four man stack and you are a solo player? Would you like being forced to play something you dont feel like to?

2- This kind of stuff would ruin the system in the long run, due to players being forced to play only what said tier believes is strong or the comp they feel needed.
    It was just a rough idea, there could be counter-measures put in place to avoid certain issues like the ones stated above.

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    Could be neat.

So does ELO factor into the MM right now at all in comp? Or just tiers (and you can only go against people what, +- 2 tiers? I forget if I read about that). 'Cause mine's suffering. Each loss is like -70 and each win is +40-50 soooo :')
    I'm a support main

Jenos - Level 9 - 217,716
    Grover - Level 7 - 166,829
    Ying - Level 15 - 141,853
    Seris - Level 8 - 137,108
    Pip - Level 5 - 116,006
    Grohk - Level 5 - 104,265
    Mal'Damba - Level 8 - 71,450 (needs work)

They unnerfed Ying!!!

Member Count
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DOPPELGANGER7 View Post

Silly team comps should be left in casual unless the players actually know what they are doing.
    Usually a 2 flank team comp doesnt work against a balanced one. Esp. because if someone does that their brain capacity is low and cant play the game for shit.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by missy20201 View Post
    Could be neat.

So does ELO factor into the MM right now at all in comp? Or just tiers (and you can only go against people what, +- 2 tiers? I forget if I read about that). 'Cause mine's suffering. Each loss is like -70 and each win is +40-50 soooo :')
    Don't quote me on that, but I guess it uses the ELO to match people of close tiers, since a diamond for instance can't go against gold players.
    I still don't like OB58

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    Don't quote me on that, but I guess it uses the ELO to match people of close tiers, since a diamond for instance can't go against gold players.
    I see. Tbh I think it'd be simpler if it just limited what tier could go vs what tier, but I guess that works. Thanks for letting me know!
    I'm a support main

Pip - Level 5 - 116,006

They unnerfed Ying!!!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by missy20201 View Post
    I see. Tbh I think it'd be simpler if it just limited what tier could go vs what tier, but I guess that works. Thanks for letting me know!
    Yeah I think this could work, truth is that we will never really get to know how the system actually matches you, since that Hi-Rez doesn't give us a word on that.
    I still don't like OB58

Level
    Achievements:
    Yeah I think this could work, truth is that we will never really get to know how the system actually matches you, since that Hi-Rez doesn't give us a word on that.
    I wish they would. It'd be a lot better to have official word on it. :/
    I'm a support main

Pip - Level 5 - 116,006

They unnerfed Ying!!!

Member Count
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 10000 Experience Points
    GG Hirez. You just buried Paladins before end of beta with this patch.
    Totally lost players in competitive now. They don't even ban a champ, they just let they countdown run out.
    Or they pick healers and never heal during match. Or damage and end up with 10k damage.
    Resetting ranking is POINTLESS when you don't fix matchmaking and higher the bar to enter competitive.
    Because now, everyone enters competitive even if they still forget buying items or buy wrong things or don't do what their champclass is supposed to do.

No fun anymore.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    http://i.imgur.com/Q4NtqkW.jpg
    2.0 in breakdown - matchmaking worse than it's ever been.

I was even matched with lvl 15 account in one game while myself 117lvl...
    So far i'm super disappointed. Time to play other games, go fix your nonsense, it's unplayable.