Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Support Champion Concept

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered

Support Champion Concept

Duplicating a thread from reddit.
    I couldnt think of a name for him. He has an energy staff. I think Grohk 2.0 is appropriate.

STATS:
    Health: 2600
    Role: Support
    Speed: 370

ABILITIES:

LMB: Sucking Orbs
    Shoots energy-stealing orbs from your staff every 0.6s that stick to a surface or an enemy dealing an immediate 150 damage and an additonal 375 damage over 3 seconds. All damage dealt is absorbed as energy by your staff up to a maximum of 4000.
    - 6 ammo count. Takes 1.2 second to reload and doing so resets your energy absorbed.
    - Has a projectile speed of 160 and travels in a straight line much like Seris' orbs. Does not have damage falloff.
    - The damage over time ticks in a rate of 25 damage every 0.2s and it stacks if you place multiple orbs at the same place/enemy.

RMB: Healing Wave
    Release all the energy absorbed by your staff in a healing wave, affecting allies in a 20 meters radius.
    - 9 seconds cooldown. The healing has an AoE dropoff like pip's potion.
    - This skill does not self-heal.

Q: Refill
    Generates 5 orbs in your staff and heals you for 700 HP.
    - 6 seconds cooldown. Has an activation time of 0.4s.

F: Levitate
    Hold up your staff, levitating yourself for 5 seconds and gaining 15% speed increase for the entire duration.
    - 12 seconds cooldown (it starts when the effect ends). Cannot attack or use other skills besides Refill while airborne.
    - You can cancel this ability by pressing F anytime.
    - Full air control during the levitation.

E: Magnetic Field
    Creates an sphere of energy with your staff, blocking enemy fire for 4 seconds and healing allies inside the field for 450 health each second. Enemies inside the sphere have 30% reduced speed.
    - Moves 30% slowlier while channeling this ability and cannot use any other skill during the effect.
    - Has the same size and shape of Makoa's Shell Shield and enemies cannot shoot throught the sphere (but they can still shoot your allies if they're inside the field).

LEGENDARIES:

Electric Field:
    (Magnetic Field)
    Enemies inside the magnetic field take 200 damage per second and have their rate of fire decreased by 15%. The ultimate charges 15% faster.

Sustainability:
    (Levitate)
    You receive 20% damage reduction while levitating and using this skill decreases the active cooldown of Healing Wave by 2 seconds.

Durability:
    (Healing Wave)
    Using healing wave now gives you CC immunity for 2 seconds and heals allies for an additional 50% of the effect over that time.
    Last edited by Sheklon; 09-18-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 7 days registered 250 Experience Points
    So I have been wanting to make a support like this for a while, one that heals based on damage dealt (or possible damage taken) but I struggled to figure out a good way of going about it. This concept executes that idea really well! I like that reloading dumps the energy, making it so that you cant just quickly build up a ton of healing.

Regarding energy itself, is there a max energy that you can have or would you be able to potentially store up tons of energy if you just don't reload/die.

Also do the orbs deal area damage as you say they can stick to surfaces, or do they deal damage if an enemy touches them?

Last question can you move while channeling Magnetic field or are you stationary?

In terms of balancing/potential changes, I'm not to sure about your F as I don't see the benefit to levitating if you move slower. Beyond use on specific maps to reach higher ground, I feel like levitate would just make you a more obvious target. Also having it consume orbs would make me never want to use the ability as that could potentially cause me to reload, losing energy that I had built up.

You also may want to up your projectile speed a bit as 100 is pretty slow, considering seris currently has the slowest projectile speed (i think) at 150.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elogen View Post
    So I have been wanting to make a support like this for a while, one that heals based on damage dealt (or possible damage taken) but I struggled to figure out a good way of going about it. This concept executes that idea really well! I like that reloading dumps the energy, making it so that you cant just quickly build up a ton of healing.

Regarding energy itself, is there a max energy that you can have or would you be able to potentially store up tons of energy if you just don't reload/die.

Also do the orbs deal area damage as you say they can stick to surfaces, or do they deal damage if an enemy touches them?

Last question can you move while channeling Magnetic field or are you stationary?

In terms of balancing/potential changes, I'm not to sure about your F as I don't see the benefit to levitating if you move slower. Beyond use on specific maps to reach higher ground, I feel like levitate would just make you a more obvious target. Also having it consume orbs would make me never want to use the ability as that could potentially cause me to reload, losing energy that I had built up.

You also may want to up your projectile speed a bit as 100 is pretty slow, considering seris currently has the slowest projectile speed (i think) at 150.
    First of all, thanks for your opinion and feedback!
    Now, answering your questions:
    1. Well pointed, I forgot to cap the healing. It was a missing information, but the healing caps at 4k.
    2. Yes, the orbs deal small AoE damage if they are sticked to a surface and enemies are near them.
    3. You can move 30% slowly while channeling your ultimate.

I think you're right about the F so I've made some changes to it. Now you fly for 6 seconds regardless of how many orbs you have and the orbs are no longer consumed by using this skill. Also, now you move faster for the 1st second instead of slower, so you can use this skill as an escape. Originally I imagined this skill as a repositioning tool, but I dont think its very useful to be able to reach high ground when your projectiles are slow.
    I increased the projectile speed by a bit too.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheklon View Post
    I couldnt think of a name for him. He has an energy staff. I think Grohk 2.0 is appropriate.

STATS:
    Health: 2500
    Speed: 365

ABILITIES:

Shoots energy-stealing orbs from your staff every 0.6s that stick to a surface or an enemy dealing an immediate 150 damage and an additonal 375 damage over 3 seconds. All damage dealt is absorbed as energy by your staff up to a maximum of 4000.
    - 6 ammo count. Takes 1.2 second to reload and doing so resets your energy absorbed.
    - Has a projectile speed of 150 and travels in a straight line much like Seris' orbs. Does not have damage falloff.
    - The damage over time ticks in a rate of 25 damage every 0.2s and it stacks if you place multiple orbs at the same place/enemy.

Release all the energy absorbed by your staff in a healing wave, affecting allies in a 15 meters radius.

Generates 5 orbs in your staff and heals you for 500 HP.

Flies for 6 seconds, gaining 15% damage reduction and speed increase for the entire duration. You are also healed for 150 HP per second while levitating.
    - 12 seconds cooldown (it starts when the effect ends). Cannot attack or use other skills while airborne.

Creates an sphere of energy with your staff, blocking enemy fire for 4 seconds and healing allies inside the field for 750 HP each second. Enemies inside the sphere have 50% reduced speed and deal 25% less damage.
    - Moves 30% slower while channeling this ability and cannot use any other skill during the effect.
    - Has the same size and shape of Makoa's Shell Shield and enemies cannot shoot throught the sphere (they can still shoot your allies if they're inside the field).

LEGENDARIES:

Electric Field:
    (Magnetic Field)
    Enemies inside the magnetic field take 300 damage per second and the sphere lasts 2 seconds more.

Sustainability:
    (Weapon)
    Each orb sticked to an enemy increases the damage of your next attack by 10%.

Durability:
    (Healing Wave)
    Nows heals for an additional 50% of the effect over 3 seconds and the cooldown of this skill is reduced by 2 seconds.
    Interesting ideas!
    In general this is a solid and unique champion!

He needs only some small adjustments especially on his F ability and legendary cards...

Here are my thoughts:
    1. His healing wave needs a radius increase as it is his only ability that heals his team!
    2. His refill ability should heal for 600.
    3. His F ability should allow him to float, not fly, which means he will press space to float but he will slowly fall if he release space.
    4. Levitate should give no buffs but instead it should reset the cooldown of Refill.
    5. All skills should be disabled during Levitate except Refill ( yet no passive heal).
    6. Sustainability should be reworked and instead give 50% damage reduction during Levitate plus reduce the cooldown of Levitate by 3sec.
    7. Electric field sould be reworked and instead increase ultimate charge by 100% (to be more simple).
    8. Magnetic field should decrease both movement and attack speed by 30% (to be more simple)!
    9. Durability should decrease the cooldown of Healing wave by 3sec, and instead of healing more, it should remove CC & debuffs on use (only to self).

*Because he must go in the middle of the fight to heal his allies, he might die quite fast. For this reason,he might need slightly more health and and faster base movement speed!

All in all, you have good, solid and unique ideas... Keep up the good work!

PS:
    His RMB, F and Q abilities will make a good combo increasing the max energy stored by Sucking Orbs!
    The cooldown reset on his F ability will allow more Orbs to be fired before reloading (and reseting the energy) increasing his max healing potential!
    That means that if he plays risky and use his F to reset Refill (wasting his escape ability) he will be able to deal more damage and gain more energy before reloading! Decision making!
    Last edited by TheLionLegend; 09-18-2017 at 03:23 AM.
    HOW TO BALANCE
    >>>SKYE<<<
    WELL THOUGHT IDEAS

Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Sucking Orbs just sounds.... wrong...
    Terminus Main.

Loadout:
    HM* II - Devestation I - Despoiler II - Necro Might IV - Wrecking Ball III

*Hulking Monstrosity

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Everything is great!

But I will talk about what is wrong:

That ultimate needs a nerf really.

All the cards are so strong = nerf

All Abilities are fine

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheklon View Post

STATS:
    Health: 2500
    Speed: 365

ABILITIES:

- Has a projectile speed of 150 and travels in a straight line much like Seris' orbs. Does not have damage falloff.

Release all the energy absorbed by your staff in a healing wave, affecting allies in a 15 meters radius.

Generates 5 orbs in your staff and heals you for 500 HP.

Flies for 6 seconds, gaining 15% damage reduction and speed increase for the entire duration. You are also healed for 150 HP per second while levitating.
    - 12 seconds cooldown (it starts when the effect ends). Cannot attack or use other skills while airborne.

Creates an sphere of energy with your staff, blocking enemy fire for 4 seconds and healing allies inside the field for 750 HP each second. Enemies inside the sphere have 50% reduced speed and deal 25% less damage.
    - Moves 30% slower while channeling this ability and cannot use any other skill during the effect.
    - Has the same size and shape of Makoa's Shell Shield and enemies cannot shoot throught the sphere (they can still shoot your allies if they're inside the field).

LEGENDARIES:

Electric Field:
    (Magnetic Field)
    Enemies inside the magnetic field take 300 damage per second and the sphere lasts 2 seconds more.

Sustainability:
    (Weapon)
    Each orb sticked to an enemy increases the damage of your next attack by 10%.

Durability:
    (Healing Wave)
    Nows heals for an additional 50% of the effect over 3 seconds and the cooldown of this skill is reduced by 2 seconds.
    Oh my god, i actually have a similar one.. Grohk 2.0 too, and i was thinking of a heal-absorbing thing, like maybe a torvald beam or smth

I also think that for Sustainability you should add a max stack of 5 or maybe 3, or maybe until you reload... because its just unbalanced, you can snipe with zen- Sheklon, and then deal like 5k damage every shot x)
    Last edited by shawn1337; 09-18-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    #zhinmain
    Got hate for using Retaliation, because "smolder is the best legendary ever!!!!!!"

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Why do people keep making supports that heal off their damage dealt?
    Terminus is my new favorite champion, but I'm keeping Ash as my profile cause angry waifu best waifu.

Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 31 days registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    I dunno...
    Terminus Main.

Loadout:
    HM* II - Devestation I - Despoiler II - Necro Might IV - Wrecking Ball III

*Hulking Monstrosity

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLionLegend View Post
    Interesting ideas!
    In general this is a solid and unique champion!

He needs only some small adjustments especially on his F ability and legendary cards...

Here are my thoughts:
    1. His healing wave needs a radius increase as it is his only ability that heals his team!
    2. His refill ability should heal for 600.
    3. His F ability should allow him to float, not fly, which means he will press space to float but he will slowly fall if he release space.
    4. Levitate should give no buffs but instead it should reset the cooldown of Refill.
    5. All skills should be disabled during Levitate except Refill ( yet no passive heal).
    6. Sustainability should be reworked and instead give 50% damage reduction during Levitate plus reduce the cooldown of Levitate by 3sec.
    7. Electric field sould be reworked and instead increase ultimate charge by 100% (to be more simple).
    8. Magnetic field should decrease both movement and attack speed by 30% (to be more simple)!
    9. Durability should decrease the cooldown of Healing wave by 3sec, and instead of healing more, it should remove CC & debuffs on use (only to self).

*Because he must go in the middle of the fight to heal his allies, he might die quite fast. For this reason,he might need slightly more health and and faster base movement speed!

All in all, you have good, solid and unique ideas... Keep up the good work!

PS:
    His RMB, F and Q abilities will make a good combo increasing the max energy stored by Sucking Orbs!
    The cooldown reset on his F ability will allow more Orbs to be fired before reloading (and reseting the energy) increasing his max healing potential!
    That means that if he plays risky and use his F to reset Refill (wasting his escape ability) he will be able to deal more damage and gain more energy before reloading! Decision making!
    Thanks for the kind words and for the review.
    Actually, Refill already has a very short cooldown so I don't think its necessary for Levitate to reset it. I'm not sure if you're serious about that 7, I think its quite broken. Overall your idea is cool but I did some things differently from what you said because I thought it would fit the character better. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by IvJo View Post
    Sucking Orbs just sounds.... wrong...
    Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by RonaId View Post
    Everything is great!

But I will talk about what is wrong:

That ultimate needs a nerf really.

All the cards are so strong = nerf

All Abilities are fine
    Funny thing, the ultimate used to be weaker but someone told me it needed a buff. Actually, I don't think its too strong, its like makoa shell except it heals everyone inside besides yourself. I nerfed the healing and moved the reduced damage to the legendary, though (but actually you only healed for 4500 health over 6 seconds while Seris can heal for 3k in half of that time). Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by shawn1337 View Post
    Oh my god, i actually have a similar one.. Grohk 2.0 too, and i was thinking of a heal-absorbing thing, like maybe a torvald beam or smth

I also think that for Sustainability you should add a max stack of 5 or maybe 3, or maybe until you reload... because its just unbalanced, you can snipe with zen- Sheklon, and then deal like 5k damage every shot x)
    Yeah, I changed that legendary.
    Don't worry about your concept being similar to this btw, go ahead and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by PWNDdotcom View Post
    Why do people keep making supports that heal off their damage dealt?
    Tbh this was one of my first concepts, you can see I posted this thread a month ago.
    Champion Concepts:
    Damage
    Erik, Lucie
    Flank
    Thomaz
    Frontline
    Bork
    Support
    Nameless, Annie