Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Damage Champion Concept] Erik, the Brawler

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered

[Damage Champion Concept] Erik, the Brawler

I wanted some opinions on the balance of this character.

Erik, the Brawler
    Class: Damage
    Health: 2400
    Speed: 370
    He has rocket boots and 2 gloves, the left one with superhuman strenght and the right one with a laser beam.

LMB (Primary Fire): Laser Beam
    Shoots a laser beam from your right hand that deals 400 damage every 0.5 seconds.
    - No reload, hitscan, medium range (130) with little to no damage fall off.

RMB (Alternate Fire): Electric Pulse
    Charge for 1 second a electric pulse in your right hand then blast it in front of you dealing up to 1200 damage and slowing enemies hit by up to 20% depending on the charge time.
    - 3 seconds cooldown. Its similar to Torvald's Runic Blast in range or Ash's Kinect Burst in range.
    - You cannot take any other actions while charging.

F: Rocket Leap
    Use your rocket boots to take flight, punching down the ground where you land dealing 350 damage.
    - 10s cooldown. Small AoE range. Basically a Flutter 2 with a bit more air control and some damage.

Q: Knockout
    Charges forward punching enemies with your left hand (on direct contact), dealing 300 damage and knocking them back. If an enemy hits a wall, he is knocked down for 1 second.
    - 10s cooldown. The charge has a slighty greater range than fernando's charge.

E: Super Punch
    Smash the ground, dealing 1200 damage to all enemies in the area and knocking them away from the center of the radius. If the enemies hit a wall they are stunned for 2 seconds.
    - Has to be on the ground to use this ability. It has an activation time of 1s and you're damage immune for that duration.
    - Same radius of Inara's ultimate.
    - Special thanks to TheLionLegend for the ultimate idea.

Legendary Cards:
    (Default) Bulky Hero: Gain CC immunity during Knockout and stunned enemies take 20% more damage from your attacks.
    Earthquake: Enemies hit by your ultimate are crippled for 2 seconds and it charges 15% faster.
    Pit Brawler: Increases your base health by 400 health and your skills that use your left hand gain 30% lifesteal (Skills affected are F, Q and E).
    Last edited by Sheklon; 11-12-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Wow, what a unique and inventive concept! I like it so much, I even made some fanart of what he could look like!

https://goo.gl/images/cZ7G5u

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered Tagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheklon View Post
    I wanted some opinions on the balance of this character.

Erik, the Brawler
    Class: Damage
    Health: 2800
    Speed: 370
    He has rocket boots and 2 gloves, the left one with superhuman strenght and the right one with a laser beam.

LMB: Laser Beam
    Shoots a laser beam from your right hand that deals 400 damage every 0.5 seconds or charge it for 1.2 second to shoot a laser beam that deals 1000 damage and slows the enemy slightly.
    - No reload, hitscan, medium range (120) with little to no damage fall off.
    - The charged shot slows for 20% for 0,5s. Letting down the button before the full charge would deal a standart 400 dmg attack.
    RMB: Knockout
    Charges forward punching enemies with your left hand (on direct contact), dealing 400 dmg and knocking them back. If an enemy hits a wall, he is knocked down for 1.2s.
    - 9s cooldown. The charge has a slighty greater range than fernando's charge.
    F: Take Flight
    Use your rocket boots to take flight, dealing 300 dmg where you land.
    - 10s cooldown. Small AoE range. Basically a Flutter 2 with a bit more air control and some damage.
    Q: Rocket Leap
    Jump vertically, punching down the ground when landing, dealing 350 AoE dmg (15 radius, which is a bit greater than pip's LMB). You can attack while airborne.
    - 6s cooldown. Cannot move horizontally until start falling.
    - Has the same vertical range of Buck's leap and he also cant use any other skill while airborne.
    E: Super Punch
    Smash the ground, dealing 650 dmg and stunning for 3s enemies on the area.
    - Has to be on the ground to use this ability and it has an activation time of 0.9s.
    - Same radius of Inara's ultimate. The stun has a minimum duration of 1s.

Legendary Cards:
    (Default) Bulky Hero: Receives CC immunity during Knockout and stunned enemies take 20% more damage from your attacks.
    Earthquake: Rocket Leap has a second charge, deals 100 additional dmg and applies knockback (200 impulse).
    Pit Brawler: Increases your base health by 400 HP and your skills that use your left hand gain 30% lifesteal (Skills affected are RMB, Q and E).
    inspired by doomfist? o.o curiosity, it reminds me a lot of doomfist other than the laser.
    I want to let you know. I am in fact human. Im not a god or some kind of delicious angelic monstrosity from hell. I also know things. Too many things. I obsess about things even. Even normal things. I will loose, and im not the best player...yet. But ill obsess until I am.

In Case you'd Like Free Crystals By Being Good At This Game

But im not forcing you too, please dont actually Ill win less, and ill get notifications from you about how much less im winning.

Level
    Achievements:
    I've never even played or watched any gameplay of Overwatch and I'm seriously puzzled by the fact that any character that has any kind of accessory in their hands is a ripoff of Doomfist now. Its not like he was original in first place.

Anyway, this was supposed to be just a combo-heavy damage champion focused in close range engagements with a lot of CC and I wanted to see how accurate my idea of balancing in this game is.

Member Sovereign Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    I've never even played or watched any gameplay of Overwatch and I'm seriously puzzled by the fact that any character that has any kind of accessory in their hands is a ripoff of Doomfist now. Its not like he was original in first place.
    That sounds very skeptical. All abilities are copies from Doomfist or Reinhardt. I think it's rather shameless.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along fine. Maybe not, but who cares. Soundcloud?

My Champion Concepts.
    This Guide is dead. RIP.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    That sounds very skeptical. All abilities are copies from Doomfist or Reinhardt. I think it's rather shameless.
    Whatever you think it's not important because I said nothing but the truth. Anyway, we should stop flooding and, please, go back to the actual point of this post? Feedback is appreciated.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 7 days registered 250 Experience Points
    The Q and F abilities seem extremely similar to each other with only difference to my understanding being that Q you go straight up and F you go forward and up, you may want to change one.

Member Sovereign Prince Harlequin98's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Whatever you think it's not important because I said nothing but the truth. Anyway, we should stop flooding and, please, go back to the actual point of this post? Feedback is appreciated.
    Well, the fact that you didn't intend to plagiarize doesn't make this concept any more original. There is no feedback to be given. I'm sorry.
    Congratulations, you've noticed my post.
    I'm your typical nerdy high schooler; pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm also a chronic gamer who couldn't afford full priced games, a salty Torvald main, and an antisocial logophile. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'm sure we'll get along fine. Maybe not, but who cares. Soundcloud?

My Champion Concepts.
    This Guide is dead. RIP.

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Overdrive 7 days registered
    how to not copy doomfist.

Looks: Make him a monster
    LMB: Make him shoots laser from his nostrils.
    RMB: make him charge with his horns.
    F: Make him fly with his fart:
    Q: make it a body slam
    E: make his stail slams the ground

just name him Gorgorath, the Unholy Abomination, now ask again for feedback

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin98 View Post
    Well, the fact that you didn't intend to plagiarize doesn't make this concept any more original. There is no feedback to be given. I'm sorry.
    I never claimed him to be original. If anything, this character is a copy of Paladins champions:
    LMB: Lian's LMB with no reload; RMB: Fernando's F + Ash's F; Q: Buck's F but goes vertically; F: Willo's F + Buck's F; E: non-ranged Inara's E.

Quote Originally Posted by Elogen View Post
    The Q and F abilities seem extremely similar to each other with only difference to my understanding being that Q you go straight up and F you go forward and up, you may want to change one.
    Indeed, they were redudant skills. I changed the Q and swapped it with the RMB.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoredXII View Post
    how to not copy doomfist.

Looks: Make him a monster
    LMB: Make him shoots laser from his nostrils.
    RMB: make him charge with his horns.
    F: Make him fly with his fart:
    Q: make it a body slam
    E: make his stail slams the ground

just name him Gorgorath, the Unholy Abomination, now ask again for feedback
    Cool but what.