Thread: Premade groups vs pugs

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered

Premade groups vs pugs

Are they ever going to put in a system where 5 man parties are put only against 5 man parties? Getting sick of solo q and being steamrolled by a 5 man party (usually self admitted after game).

And please don't be a dick all "well then don't play solo q". I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this concern in regards to matchmaking.

Member Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 587
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Preach it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvieIV View Post
    my game utopy is that characters are more or less powerful depending on the skill they take, without being unfair while doing so

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 3 months registered Tagger Second Class
    While I personaly dont mind facing a team, I think they should be allowed in competitive, not in casual.

Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Why should they allow it in competitive? Unless they make it so that it's only premade vs premade, otherwise there is no point in playing comp unless you have a party of 5.

In casual it's just a pain aswell, I do hope eventually they put parties against other parties since it's such a major advantage.

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 3 months registered Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Miragen View Post
    Why should they allow it in competitive? Unless they make it so that it's only premade vs premade, otherwise there is no point in playing comp unless you have a party of 5.
    There is no point in ranking players based on wins if you dont know who you will play with.

Also people who play competitive more likely should be glad they can face a team, so they can beat it.

Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    separate queues for teams and solo players needed badly.
    When matchmaking decides my winning should be tone down it put either low ELO parties on my side, high ELO parties on opponent side or both!

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Ok good, I'm glad I'm not the only person here on the forums(so far) who thinks this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Like, it's fun to party up. But those people are usually the teams that are coordinating attacks and everything between each other and really ruins the game, especially if they're put against a group of solo q's coz I don't think I've ever used the in game voice system since it appears no one else does.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered
    Why do you say that? Do you mean there's no point to playing casual unless you have a party of 5?

It actually works fine to have one queue restricted to solo players and one that allows any size of party. A full premade will always allow you to rise farther up the leaderboards, but it can be pretty fun to play solo or duo in a team queue as well. When that happens, you're likely to get teammates who are grouped themselves and it becomes more of an impromptu premade than a team of randoms.

All Hi-rez needs to do is make the picking process the same in both queues, have a leaderboard for both queues, and call them "team queue" and "solo queue."

Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by NevirSayDie View Post
    Why do you say that? Do you mean there's no point to playing casual unless you have a party of 5?

It actually works fine to have one queue restricted to solo players and one that allows any size of party. A full premade will always allow you to rise farther up the leaderboards, but it can be pretty fun to play solo or duo in a team queue as well. When that happens, you're likely to get teammates who are grouped themselves and it becomes more of an impromptu premade than a team of randoms.

All Hi-rez needs to do is make the picking process the same in both queues, have a leaderboard for both queues, and call them "team queue" and "solo queue."
    I said there is no point in playing comp if you can run into parties of 5, as it's going to be parties of 5 that dominate the leaderboards.

In casual it's a huge pain aswell but not extremely common.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered
    I said there is no point in playing comp if you can run into parties of 5, as it's going to be parties of 5 that dominate the leaderboards.

In casual it's a huge pain aswell but not extremely common.
    Right, I understand. Of course parties of five would dominate the leaderboards, just like duo queues dominate now. Just like parties of five dominate casual at high elo.

How many problems would Hi-Rez solve by simply giving up having one mode for "casual" and one for "competitive"? I think everyone would be much happier if there were simply a real solo queue and a real team queue. There could be a leaderboard for both.