Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evie's "Over the Moon" Legendary

Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points

Lightbulb Evie's "Over the Moon" Legendary

Over the moon needs a rework once again. Using up your escape to get bonus damage every 10 seconds is retarded.

This time it could make her untargetable during soar meaning evie players wont have to duck and weave anymore to get out sticky of situations, or they could use it to safely get in range to hit an enemy with her slower projectiles. It could also add a visual effect of a blurred after image or streaks behind her like scouts bonk atomic punch from TF2 or maeve during prowl.

Or it could just be changed back to what it was originally so it reduced the cooldown of soar by 5 seconds but this time it will be better in comparison to other legendaries, since blink distance got nerfed and reprieve healing got nerfed, and honestly I would pick it over the other 2 now.

Even if you think my ideas for over the moon are bad you have to agree that the current iteration has got to go.
    Last edited by rrichglitch; 07-17-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    my nema jeff

Member Sovereign Prince QuantumPlays's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    I'm guessing you're one of the people that wanted Evie nerfed before OB54.
    Join us in The Realm and at /r/PaladinsStrategies!

Front Line: Ash, level 10, Flanknando, level 9,Terminus, level 6
    Support: Seris, levlel 11, Jenos, level 7
    Damage: Lian, level 6
    Flank: Zhin, level 15

Most Objective Time: 456, Terminus, 11/19
    Most Healing: 127,155, Jenos, 10/29
    Most Damage: 148,527, Fernando 8/27
    Most Killing Blows: 27, Zhin, 8/25

Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumPlays View Post
    OB 53 was crazy OP but OB 52 evie couldnt even hit a tank without being close....... so yes and no
    my nema jeff

Member Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumPlays View Post
    xDDDDDDDDDDD

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2
    I don't like your rework idea at all, damage immunity during soar means she can mitigate any ultimate by pressing F. However I completely agree with the fact that Over The Moon in OB54 sucks. The thing that bothers me the most is that the card is still called "Over The Moon", despite the fact that it has nothing to do with flying anymore and it's just a mere damage boost.

It pains me to say it, but this shows laziness from the game developing team, and I really wish it wasn't the case but that's how it is, unfortunately...

They wanted to rework the card to put an end to Evie's hyper mobility and change the meta, but they couldn't figure out anything original that makes sense so they just added some extra damage at the end of soar. The fact that they haven't even changed the card's name shows that it was a forced rework, and that its only purpose was to remove the old hyper mobile card. Lazy... couldn't they just wait until they figured out something better? Did they really have to force it, did they think it would have made thing better and the players happier?

They've done the same with Andro who now has 2 legendaries for his primary fire. Bomb King got the Androxus treatment and now has 2 legendaries for one ability... Weren't loadout cards and legendary cards supposed to add more variety to the game? Where's the variety? We get to choose between dealing higher damage with an headshot or on a lower HP target? And we get to choose whether grumpy bomb destroys all shields or it explodes faster? They didn't care about these kind of concepts, all they wanted was to nerf those champions.

I'm not hurt by the nerfs, they were needed because those characters ruled the pro scene for way too long and the rest of the champions had no space to compete. And I'm glad they decided to nerf them to be honest!
    But the thing that I care about is concepts, and this is not the right way to rework a (overpowered) legendary.
    I get the fact that it might be a hard taks to rework those legendaries but get them out ASAP with a lazy concept is something that kinda annoys me.

I wish hi rez would get this message: don't rush things out with lazy concepts, you can take your time and do far better, without upsetting anyone first. Because it is obvious that some of these changes aren't definitive and not what they want for these champions.

However I got to give credit where credit's due and say that some good things came with OB54 (it's not Lian, I'll give my opinion on that later). Fernando is back with fireball's cooldown reduction and increased speed. Barik's tinkerin is now more impactful and a lot of fun to use. Inara's treacherous grounds buff was great and tremors is far better than what it used to be, now she has some different options other than just mitigating damage with mother's grace. Makoa's leviathan CC immunity made the legendary more viable. Cassie's reworks were nice and finally unlike many others, I liked Buck's bounce house rework and I believe it was too strong before.

Now back at Lian. I have the feeling that sometimes hi rez puts a lot more effort into some new champions than others. I think Maldamba, Inara, Zhin and Ash were fresh characters who added something new to the realm, with unique playstyles and character designs. Each one their own way. Maldamba is probably the most unique and creative character in the realm right now. Zhin was the answer to all of those who have been asking for a melee champion, showing that hi rez actually listens to the community. Inara introduced a new way of playing front line, by controlling space, separating and blocking enemies. Ash tossing everyone around gave another way of playing front line as well.

I'm not pretending everything to be original but when some champions have been introduced I've been kind of disappointed. Tyra, Willo and now Lian have been quite underwhelming. I don't completely hate their designs and certainly there are bits that I like about them but overall they don't feel as unique as other characters. Tyra is obviously very similar to Viktor, the only thing that makes her stand out is hunter's mark (which I like and fits her design) and the lack of mobility. I might be biased against Willo simply because I dislike her so what I could say about her would be very arguable and mostly subjective. Lian on the other hand feels a lot like a fast firing Lex, even her weapon is somewhat similar to Lex's dual magnums in terms of appearence. Her RMB and F abilities are possibly the most unoriginal abilities in the game, and cheap on top of that. I don't even know what to say about them, I mean they speak for themselves. The RMB is a plain multishot that hits everyone on the screen, and the F is combat slide plus a homing shot. You can cast them sequentially and get a free 800 damage on every opponent in front of you, your poisitioning and aiming don't matter anymore. On top of that the cooldowns are quite low as well so you can do that very often. They render stealth useless, I got killed randomly a few times by the F when playing as Sha Lin or Skye and trying to escape, and most of the times they didn't even know I was around. The Q is a piercing shot, that's cool. And the ultimate is a better Q but with damage immunity and a fancy animation, it's not the worst.
    I don't think Lian is overpowered, but I think she's boring to play and to play against. Only a lazy player would find rewarding dealing homing damage.

I rate the patch 5/10.

That's all I had to say, thanks for listening to my meaningless opinions if you've read until this point.

Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    See low/ mid health target
    use soar get %10 extra dam (bout 1000dam)
    Get %15 extra damage from jenos (bout 1200 Damage)
    Kill target, use build to reset soar
    use soar straight away to either escape or hit someone with %20 damage (Bout 1100dam without jenos extra damage 1300 dam with)
    You can get %30 but that is hard not always possible but the math goes to (bout 1200dam without jenos heals comes near to 1350 damage.)

With torvald field studied you get an extra 372 damage on your attack as evie. I see a potential evie getting 1500 damage on a champ.

Rest in peace my Master Maeve, nr 62 in the leaderboard. Same with all my lost diamonds
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 3 months registered 25000 Experience Points
    @bafometto i would quote you but its just too long.

Remember Maeve not healing by default nerf?
    Well, that ability is still called Nine lives, LOL
    Flanker with Maeve
    Steam Account
    Unofficial forum discord server
    My Maeve artwork album
    I'm NOT german! Stop asking!

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 3 months registered
    Over the moon needs a rework once again. Using up your escape to get bonus damage every 10 seconds is retarded.
    You can have infinite Soar with the right card, and right player skill..so no I disagree with the rework.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rrichglitch View Post
    Soar does not have to be used as an escape. Over the Moon encourages a playstyle where soar is used aggressively; besides she can use blink as her escape.

This time it could make her untargetable during soar meaning evie players wont have to duck and weave anymore to get out sticky of situations, or they could use it to safely get in range to hit an enemy with her slower projectiles. It could also add a visual effect of a blurred after image or streaks behind her like scouts bonk atomic punch from TF2 or maeve during prowl.
    This is OP because now she will have 2 abilities that make her immune to everything.

Or it could just be changed back to what it was originally so it reduced the cooldown of soar by 5 seconds but this time it will be better in comparison to other legendaries, since blink distance got nerfed and reprieve healing got nerfed, and honestly I would pick it over the other 2 now.
    If you want CD reduction for soar, use Killing frost or Impact card. It is redundant and unoriginal to have a soar CD reduction for her legendary when a card that reduces it by up to 100% already exists for her loadout.

Even if you think my ideas for over the moon are bad you have to agree that the current iteration has got to go.
    No, I am perfectly happy with Evie now.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Over the Moon is currently viable!
    There is a card that reduce Soar's cooldown by up to 1000% when getting a kill.
    Over the Moon helps you get that kill with one less shot so it is like reducing the cooldown of the card itself!
    HOW TO BALANCE
    >>>SKYE<<<
    WELL THOUGHT IDEAS